I-mobile 3gx No More Roaming Up-country..?

Thanh-BKK

Hi.

While in Bangkok my 3G phone (SIM card from i-Mobile 3GX/network TOT Mobile) always goes to AIS if the 3G itself has no coverage (which is the case quite often). However as i drove to Chiang Mai today i dfound out that that does not appear to work up country - already noticed it in Ayuthaya that the phone had no coverage at all, and whilst having a break in Kamphaeng Phet i made two calls to their call center. First try - useless as always, as i made the mistake of attempting to use English language, after 20 minutes on hold the same personj got back to me with the excuse "sorry, staff at lunch" (yeah sure, at 10:30 pm).

Then my boyfriend (Thai) called again and TALKED for 20 minutes, explaining roughly 75 times what the problem was (phone no coverage, not automatically going to AIS and when selecting "AIS" manually a message "registration failed" comes up even though the network shows (as opposed to D-TAC and True) as "available").

In the end he got the usual Thai B.S. - "i will inform technician and we call you back", meaning really "i want to watch my soap on TV, stop disturbing me".

So has anyone here experience with this matter, does it work for YOU..?

Kind regards.....

Thanh

• 3 months later...

I have a new I-Mobile 3GX sim and it won't roam anywhere, even in Bangkok. I live near the edge of the 3G coverage area and sometimes in my room the signal drops. I also have a TOT3G sim for an aircard and if I put that sim in my phone when the 3G signal drops it roams to AIS. But the 3GX sim, which uses TOT's 3G system, won't roam and the phone displays "No Service." I called I-Mobile 3GX CS a number of times and just got the typical so sorry but some number don't roam. I reminded them that their website states that my service plan can roam and has a fee for calls made while roaming. Again so sorry sir, some new numbers cannot roam. After getting very aggravated and calling numerous times they told me to call TOT. Of course, TOT said to call I-Mobile as it is their number, not TOT's. I told the lady that I-Mobile insisted I call them to fix the problem since they are the underlying service provider. Finally the TOT rep said they will look into and call me back. I am not holding my breath. I have three free months of I-Mobile service for buying a new phone at an I-Mobile shop. When I get near three months, if the roaming problem is not resolved, I will cancel their crap service. I hope AIS or DTAC get real 3G service soon. The TOT sim is fine because it can roam. Why the I-Mobile won't roam I don't understand. Some numbers will roam, other numbers cannot, and they are unwilling to resolve whatever is wrong in their system preventing those numbers from roaming.