Is It Safe To Spectate?

ThanonFarang

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw footage on CNN of night time clashes at Democracy monument. tear gas being fired into the crowd, soldiers firing into the air from tankers, and riot soldiers/police? pushing the crowd back

crowd picking up sticks and hitting soldiers. smashed cars shown in background.

are there news being shown on thai channels? updated for the night events?

Report: One foreign tourist was shot in chest after saying to soldier "f... you"

Got that from George's news updates in the clipping sections.

Only a moron would want to go watch a war like it is some circus act.

Have to agree. Why would any farang, who's not a journalist and earning their living from reporting the news, want to be there?

We have no say - its nothing to do with us.

It was a rush. It seemed very peaceful, safe and celebratory - but when you look around and see these huge malls and main intersections all closed and think that at any moment the military could rush in and turn it into a mass riot, it gets your blood pumping.

If it's not for you, it's not for you. I would love to work as a photographer covering events like this. Today was my first practice and I really enjoyed it.

It was a rush. It seemed very peaceful, safe and celebratory - but when you look around and see these huge malls and main intersections all closed and think that at any moment the military could rush in and turn it into a mass riot, it gets your blood pumping.

If it's not for you, it's not for you. I would love to work as a photographer covering events like this. Today was my first practice and I really enjoyed it.

Do you realize that what you enjoyed cost the life of many already ? You really have some weird ways to enjoy!

Do you realize that what you enjoyed cost the life of many already ? You really have some weird ways to enjoy!

I don't know if you mean the lives of photographers/journalists or just human casualties. If the first, that is what makes it exciting. Like skydiving or driving 180mph. If the second, that is tragic obviously. I would not extend this mess (or any mess) one second for my own enjoyment.

I don't know if you mean the lives of photographers/journalists or just human casualties. If the first, that is what makes it exciting. Like skydiving or driving 180mph. If the second, that is tragic obviously. I would not extend this mess (or any mess) one second for my own enjoyment.

I am now completely convinced that you are a very sick person

Dumb ass debate and I won't continue it. I'm not going to be taken to task for enjoying a very mainstream and very legal and very standard form of photography. If you would not enjoy it I completely understand. I'm not a fool or a bad person because I enjoy it though.

I am now completely convinced that you are a very sick person

And I was already convinced you are an idiot. Thanks for further validation.

Dumb ass debate and I won't continue it. I'm not going to be taken to task for enjoying a very mainstream and very legal and very standard form of photography. If you would not enjoy it I completely understand. I'm not a fool or a bad person because I enjoy it though.

Good night....And I hope you have nice dreams !

alright

this seems to be getting a bit too personal, and in a not very nice way

given that the OP has now got his answers, and already gone ahead and done what he was asking info for....I think the thread has served its purpose and is now closed.

cheers everyone.