US Deeply Regrets Violence, Loss Of Life In Thai Street Protests

webfact

Yes of course who should care what the Americans say. Let's listen to the Brits instead, but wait they have that pesky centuries long history of colonizing and exploiting other peoples world wide, oh dear! Well then let's listen to the French. But wait, there is a long, long history of colonization and exploitation there as well! OK then we surely can pay attention to what the Germans say, can't we? OH no maybe not there are those two world wars hanging about isn't there? What do we do now...maybe the Australians? Oh, but the treatment of the original people in Australia does taint that a bit. Belgians maybe...more colonization there too. Russians maybe?...on and on, see the theme here?

You forgot about the killing of a few million Indians, now where was that again ??

Of course, the "few million" indians killed was in India by the Brits during their very long and repressive colonization!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what the Americans think

Excuse me, but you are confusing Americans with the US Government. Americans don't care about what is happening in Thailand. American's only care about comforts and McDonald's. True just go visit any city and see how many cars are line at every McDonald's that is on every other block. Who does care?

What I would like to know, is why are FOREIGNERS, either as tourists, or those of us who live here getting involved? Some stupid American bloke was on the bloody stage at the red shirt rally the other day, and on the BBC website there are comments from "Paul, English teacher" who was clearly in the mob when the thing kicked off saturday.

We are either visitors to, or guests in, someone elses Country, and as such, none of this is any of our business directly, yes, of course we can have a view, privately, or amongst friends, but to be out there among the crowds, thats just plain stupid ignorant and insensitive. We all need visas to be here, they are issued in every Country as a discretion not as a right, aND i THINK EVERYONE SHOULD think ABOUT THE FACT THAT VISAS GIVEN CAN EQUALLY BE WITHDRAWN!!

Stupid, stupid people, getting involved, it defies all logic in this Country at this time!!

Are we telling Thailand to have a peaceful resolution like we did with England in 1776? Or a peaceful resolution we had with the Confederate States during the American Civil War? Or per happs the peaceful option we gave the Native Americans? <deleted> we are the ones who have supplied Thailand with the weapons they have!

So, what is your point? Greensnapper? What do you want us to do about it?

redsunset (as the sun sets on the reds) what is your point. I am American too and I recognize America's faults. I also think that most of the West shares those faults...

... you give us this statistic about drones... why? What is/was your point in giving us this info?

Hmm, red... I didn't say anything about drones, are you smoking too much redshirt ...?

I love when foreigners bash Americans... just shows that they are deeply envious. Otherwise, why bother saying anything??????

Get on with it and stop being so bitter and jealous.

Hmmm I'm American.. actually I'm rather envious of the aussies and brits,....why would they be envious of us...?

Granuaile

Excuse me, but you are confusing Americans with the US Government. Americans don't care about what is happening in Thailand. American's only care about comforts and McDonald's. True just go visit any city and see how many cars are line at every McDonald's that is on every other block. Who does care?

You are really informed you must be one that stands in line in BKK.

True the uneducated and low income are there for there supersize.

Just look at the old clunkers they drive does that give you a clue.

However many tens of millions of us have boycotted McDonald's and Walmart for many years.

Edited by hardy1943

Indeed nobody cares about what one of the worlds most hated nations has to say about this.....what the coalition of the willing has inflicted on the world in the last few years (decade or two) makes Bangkok Saturday look like a walk in the park.

:)

We are also the ones who armed Osama Bin Laden but that's for another web site. Yes, the majority of military equipment is from the USA here is a list of the latest including F/A-18C/D Hornet fighter/strike jets

http://www.fas.org/asmp/profiles/thailand.htm

Here are American soldiers training Thai soldiers with nonlethal weapons.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/02/03/34132...lethal-weapons/

The truth sucks but I prefer it to lies.

Where are you from and what year did we have to liberate your country?

Indeed nobody cares about what one of the worlds most hated nations has to say about this.....what the coalition of the willing has inflicted on the world in the last few years (decade or two) makes Bangkok Saturday look like a walk in the park.

:)

I love when foreigners bash Americans... just shows that they are deeply envious. Otherwise, why bother saying anything??????

Hmmm I'm American.. actually I'm rather envious of the aussies and brits,....why would they be envious of us...?

Granuaile

At least only 40% of Ozzie women are obese - unlike 95% of American. In fact most males seem to be strange shapes - I think it's because their mouths are so big, they can eat too quickly.

Granuaile

At least only 40% of Ozzie women are obese - unlike 95% of American. In fact most males seem to be strange shapes - I think it's because their mouths are so big, they can eat too quickly.

That may be true, but at least we have good dental hygeine. :)

Thais care what America thinks. The statement is actually a spanking statement against the reds in veiled diplomatic speech. It asks that the differences be NEGOTIATED. Abhisit went on tv two times offering the beginnings of a negotiation position, which if the reds were negotiating in good faith SHOULD have been countered with a realistic counter offer. Instead they didn't budge from their original, outrageous, firm demands. Then the "negotiations" were off because it became clear the reds for whatever reasons (most likely orders from Thaksin) were never open to negotiating in the first place. if the reds have been seriously open to negotiations, a compromise deal could have and most likely would have been struck by TALKING.

Edited by Jingthing

Not for nothingn I can take a good bashing too but not from people we had to bail out on more than one occaision. I admit the sins of our fathers and I believe the truth will set you free but I'm not one to sit down when bitch slaped by a citizen of a country my Grand Father and Father had to liberate. Maybe it's just my New York attitude.

Being an American, I actually enjoy a good American bashing thread from time to time. It is good to read all of the AD HOMINEM arguments from non Americans. Thanks for the laugh! :)

JingThing your 'yellow agenda' is by now well known on ThaiVisa. Why not sit out some of the discussions with your 'red bashing'. It is getting to be annoying to read so much crap coming from one person.

I am not pro yellow. Typical red propaganda from you saying that being anti-red equals being pro yellow. It simply isn't true.

Not for nothingn I can take a good bashing too but not from people we had to bail out on more than one occaision. I admit the sins of our fathers and I believe the truth will set you free but I'm not one to sit down when bitch slaped by a citizen of a country my Grand Father and Father had to liberate. Maybe it's just my New York attitude.
Being an American, I actually enjoy a good American bashing thread from time to time. It is good to read all of the AD HOMINEM arguments from non Americans. Thanks for the laugh! :)

I agree with you, but is it really worth countering someones pathetic argument? I find it funny that our cousins from accross the pond feel that they are "experts" on American policy, yet they refuse to look at their own country's worldly mishaps and play the blame game.

Au contraer my fellow American, I believe we support the "Red Mob" which is why we asked for a peaceful solution because they are not as well armed. The UDD have moxie as we once did in the face of oppression and truth be told the current government is a military government that took this country by force in the coup de tat, once free elcetions were held the "red shirts" were victorious but the new prime minister was ousted because he had a cooking show on TV, what a load of crap!

Thais care what America thinks. The statement is actually a spanking statement against the reds in veiled diplomatic speech. It asks that the differences be NEGOTIATED. Abhisit went on tv two times offering the beginnings of a negotiation position, which if the reds were negotiating in good faith SHOULD have been countered with a realistic counter offer. Instead they didn't budge from their original, outrageous, firm demands. Then the "negotiations" were off because it became clear the reds for whatever reasons (most likely orders from Thaksin) were never open to negotiating in the first place. if the reds have been seriously open to negotiations, a compromise deal could have and most likely would have been struck by TALKING.

Yes indeed, I couldn't have said it better with a staff of writers!

I agree with you, but is it really worth countering someones pathetic argument? I find it funny that our cousins from accross the pond feel that they are "experts" on American policy, yet they refuse to look at their own country's worldly mishaps and play the blame game.

I wudn't... but our Oxford guy might have to somewhere down the line.

Right. Unless he can win an election, Abhisit is political road kill. The US is telling both sides to stop fighting and work towards democracy.

Ha Ha! political road kill!

Yes indeed. Shot himself in the foot :)

Such a shame. He could have been the good cop to Thaksin's bad cop routine... Now he just looks like a pawn.

He just gave the reds a lot more votes in any new election.

Edited by whiterussian

Very few revolutions have been won by talking, actually I do not know of a peaceful demonstration in history that has had a good out come.

Read the news! The red shirts STILL refuse to negotiate! All of this blood is on the hands of the red shirt leaders. Now they have another chance to stop this by following the LAW and talking. Yet they refuse.

I see it as the US giving their condolences for the dead and accepting that the bussiness had to be done. I seem to recall from the last major Thai event, the US along with most other western nations condeming the coup in Thailand as lost democracy. I don't see anything near as scathing here apart from hey Pinnochio try and negotiate with the rabble (again) so that you may be able to avoid kicking them for their next stupid violation against society. And the USA view still holds sway when I last looked.

Very few revolutions have been won by talking, actually I do not know of a peaceful demonstration in history that has had a good out come.
Read the news! The red shirts STILL refuse to negotiate! All of this blood is on the hands of the red shirt leaders. Now they have another chance to stop this by following the LAW and talking. Yet they refuse.

Peaceful demonstrations making a difference?

There have been many. You should read history. Your statement reflects a shocking ignorance.

Some examples --

Martin Luther King, I had a dream. Now we have President Obama

Vietnam war protests (no intent to start a civil war like the reds) pressured the US out of Vietnam

Ukraine Orange revolution

Gandhi's protests