Nationwide And Uk Addresses

Guest endure

Guest endure

I know that Nationwide is the cheapest way of getting cash in Thailand (for us Ukers). I use it on holiday all the time. I spoke to them today about living in LOS and they told me that there wouldn't be any problem apart from the fact that they (Nationwide) require that I have a UK address in order to carry on operating my Flexaccount. Are there any expats who use Nationwide and have problems with this 'UK address' requirement please?

I operate my account using my parents address in the UK. Mind you I only spend half the year in Thailand, but I wouldn't think there would be a problem as long as you can provide a UK address like they ask.

I even leave one of my ATM card with my wife in Thailand, which she uses without any problems. :o

totster :D

I know that Nationwide is the cheapest way of getting cash in Thailand (for us Ukers). I use it on holiday all the time. I spoke to them today about living in LOS and they told me that there wouldn't be any problem apart from the fact that they (Nationwide) require that I have a UK address in order to carry on operating my Flexaccount. Are there any expats who use Nationwide and have problems with this 'UK address' requirement please?

What is the problem? Nationwides rules state clearly that the Flexaccount and e-savings account are intended for people resident in the UK, it follows at least a UK address is required.

So what (who) does that make the problem?

What is the problem? Nationwides rules state clearly that the Flexaccount and e-savings account are intended for people resident in the UK, it follows at least a UK address is required.

So what (who)  does that make the problem?

I think the poster was just looking for confirmation that he could in fact use the account in Thailand on a long term basis without any problems.

You could state the rules as I'm sure anyone who reads the website could, or you could just be helpful and put the OP's mind at rest.... :o

So what (who)  does that make the problem?

I think the poster was just looking for confirmation that he could in fact use the account in Thailand on a long term basis without any problems.

You could state the rules as I'm sure anyone who reads the website could, or you could just be helpful and put the OP's mind at rest.... :o

Considering the Nationwide told him :

'I spoke to them today about living in LOS and they told me that there wouldn't be any problem apart from the fact that they (Nationwide) require that I have a UK address in order to carry on operating my Flexaccount.' (does this mean 'no worries'?)

It would appear your analysis is faulty.

Edited by spacebass

I use Halifax & Natwest... Both say the accounts are only for people living in UK, but I too have given my parents address and I haven't had a problem with it... They have online banking too, which is useful.

Most banks offer 'international' (and offshore) bank accounts, which might be worth looking at - depending on the ammount of money you have etc...

Either way, no problems so long as you can give them an appropriate uk address...

I use Halifax & Natwest...  Both say the accounts are only for people living in UK, but I too have given my parents address and I haven't had a problem with it...  They have online banking too, which is useful.

Most banks offer 'international' (and offshore) bank accounts, which might be worth looking at - depending on the ammount of money you have etc...

Either way, no problems so long as you can give them an appropriate uk address...

See Spacebass... this is all you have to say... no need to be so superior.. :o

I use Nationwide with my parent's address, no problem. My branch even know that I live here, so long as I maintain an address in the UK they are happy :o

I would add that I've been with them for a l-o-n-g time, they may not be so sympathetic to a new customer.

DC

Guest endure

Thanks for all the helpful answers and pooh to all the others. I've been with Nationwide for a while so that won't be any problem. I don't have parents any more so I'd be using a friend's address and I'd obviously want to inconvenience them as little as possible. I see from the website that they've started allowing you to NOT receive paper statements which would solve a lot of problems.

Thanks for all the helpful answers and pooh to all the others. I've been with Nationwide  for a while so that won't be any problem. I don't have parents any more so I'd be using a friend's address and I'd obviously want to inconvenience them as little as possible. I see from the website that they've started allowing you to NOT receive paper statements which would solve a lot of problems.

Make sure you use someone you trust implicitly. Nationwide will only send cards / pin numbers to your registered UK address.

Just a thought.

Guest endure

Yes I'd considered that. What I'm going to try and do is get all the cards (I have 2 Flex and 1 credit card) re-issued on the same date which gives me three years without hassle. I can arrange to be in the UK three years later when they're all due.