Gym With Classes?

dotx

I'm looking for a gym in Hua Hin that has no only the standard workout equipment but also nice classes such as yoga, Pilates, body pump, etc. Hopefully something that doesn't cost a fortune but has air conditioner. The idea of working in a hot room in summer is kind of crazy.

Hilton have a teacher there that runs a small private studio for group classes for Yoga (beginners and advanced) and pilates on mat/machine.

For HH, this is by far the best yoga, and the only pilates. they can also do tai chi etc if enough people are interested, or personal training etc.

Hi all

Had some enquiry about the above post so the details of the yoga place at hilton are:

Run by Khun Tu, 0814535978. she is degree qualified, and ex-chiva som fitness staff so she knows her stuff and has good english. She also has another instructor K Ta working with her.

They do beginners and advanced yoga most days a week, as well as pilates classes (mixed mat and reformer) and stretch classes (good for golfers).

They also offer private sessions for personal training, tai chi and a few other things. if you have some particular need, they can probably figure out a solution for you.

good luck, go get in shape!!

• 10 months later...

Just an update to the post above - the Hilton Yoga is no longer run by Khun Tu, she's gone out on her own. You can find her near the main traffic lights - go up past Wanna super market, and its on the first floor above the tailor or an optic shop or something - but the access is round the back in the soi with Tanawit plaza. She's running more classes, yoga, pilates stretch etc than before, the move seems to have made it a better deal than the Hilton! I had a chat with her - she's a qualified personal trainer, and knows her stuff, but doesn't have a full gym in the new place. Oh, and its got a great flooring best idea i've seen in ages - easy on the feet and knees. :-) good for old buggers like me.

A member mentioned a new gym that was 6000 baht a year on soi 95 or 96 ? Does anyone know which soi it is on ?

And I replied what the cost would be per month, and my post was deleted. Can a moderator explain what was in those 2 posts that could possibly warrant deleting ?

Letic Fitness, http://www.leticfitness.com/ 3rd floor market village. Expensive for what it is but the yoga, spin classes etc are all included in the price. Best of the shit bunch really for what you can get in HH.

The OP wanted a Gym that was not expensive, the gym indicated above is probably the most expensive in Hua Hin.

Tthe Gym on Soi 94 is about 6k/year, great equipment with aircon, over the railway line straight up for 100 m on the left.

Letic Fitness, http://www.leticfitness.com/ 3rd floor market village. Expensive for what it is but the yoga, spin classes etc are all included in the price. Best of the shit bunch really for what you can get in HH.

The OP wanted a Gym that was not expensive, the gym indicated above is probably the most expensive in Hua Hin.

Tthe Gym on Soi 94 is about 6k/year, great equipment with aircon, over the railway line straight up for 100 m on the left.

thanks for the info, will check it out

Mod keeps deleteing my post, but the gym on soi 94 is "well equiped" for fat old ladies that run on treadmills once a month only. Letic is by the far best equiped and niceist (still no squat rack) and all the yoga classes etc you want are included in price.

But in reality, all gyms are a rip off and suck hard here in HH.

Mod keeps deleteing my post, but the gym on soi 94 is "well equiped" for fat old ladies that run on treadmills once a month only. Letic is by the far best equiped and niceist (still no squat rack) and all the yoga classes etc you want are included in price.

The OP asked for an inexpensive Gym with aircon, the gym on Soi 94 is well equiped with aircon run by a foriegner and his Thai wife, its excellent. I use it when in Hua Hin. This is exactly what the OP wants, put my hat on it.

The OP asked for an inexpensive Gym with aircon, the gym on Soi 94 is well equiped with aircon run by a foriegner and his Thai wife, its excellent. I use it when in Hua Hin. This is exactly what the OP wants, put my hat on it.

He's looking for YOGA classes, not a seperate gym and then classes else where which will cost the same as Letic. And well equiped by what standards? My standards of well equiped is a lot different then most. The average gym goer goes to the gym twice a week, runs on a treadmill and does bicept curls and looks the same scrawny/fat guy all year round. To them, a treadmill and a 2lbs dumbell is "well equiped"

Letic is by far the best of the worse gyms in HH for equipment / AC / cleaniness, and you get tons of Yoga / spin classes etc free with the price. I know the owner and he told me personally the AC costs 800bht a day, and the rent and value equipment he's got is huge, serious money pumped into that place. Just a shame theres no squat rack and few other things ...

Edited by sam666

@letic at the Market Village Mall is excellent, reasonable prices and the ONLY gym in town with regular classes.

I was a member at the Hilton for years .. .never enough people to run classes and they were often canceled . .very few even scheduled. @letic has loads of classes every day and seldom are they canceled.

Very nice staff. Well equipped weight room, lots of machines . .best fitness exercise room I have ever seen, spinning and yoga regularly scheduled all week.

Nothing else in town even comes close.

Roughly 2000 baht a month which is very reasonable . . .with discounts for more months. I paid 5000 for three months.

It has a few drawbacks of course . .what gym hasnt? ( Showers suck, "weightlifters" ( the ones who want you to know they are pros) are very noisy and annoying at times, especially at night. Days are peaceful.) No pool.

I highly recommend it

Edited by thaisomchai