Tourists Shaken As Bloodshed Erupts In Bangkok

webfact

Im in England right now came back for my brothers wedding and there not letting me go back to Thailand until all this trouble cools down :D

Rather than be sad, be happy that your family loves you and cares about your well being. How many farangs in Thailand have burnt bridges abandoning wives, children parents etc.? Congratulations. :D

So shut up, enjoy the extended family time and accept the fact that people do care about you because you must be a good guy.

Consider the implications if they were pushing you to go back......... :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im in England right now came back for my brothers wedding and there not letting me go back to Thailand until all this trouble cools down :D

Rather than be sad, be happy that your family loves you and cares about your well being. How many farangs in Thailand have burnt bridges abandoning wives, children parents etc.? Congratulations. :D

So shut up, enjoy the extended family time and accept the fact that people do care about you because you must be a good guy.

Agony aunt over here.

These sort of events ARE watched by tourists that naturally have a facination with these 'out of the norm' events. I was in France with some friends, completely unaware of why the streets had filled with people and lots of shouting. 1st natural thought was what was going on? so we went to look. Exited swiftly when it became serious. Were we 'stupid' to go and look at this strange occurence? No, because we didn't know something 'serious' was going on. Any one of us could have been hurt. Not through stupidity, just by enjoying a holiday and watching strange events without any early signs of any danger. Not all protests/gatherings end in violence. Very bad luck if you do get caught in the crossfire of a protest gone bad, particularly if you're enjoying your holiday.

yeah, well ... so out of this "natural fascination", whilst "enjoying holiday and watching", you would march up straight to the armed foreign soldier in his duty and spit your English "<deleted> you!" right into his face !!!! that's a very smart and natural way how to enjoy your "excursion to the warming up foreign street event" ...

no matter what - there's simply NO excuse to this farang tourist behavior ... it's just a sheer stupidity, arrogance, disrespect and somnamnaaa! ... full stop!

and by the way: "beerchang", your say:

[" I'll stand where you want and you fire into the air. If you hit me in the ribs, from the side, with a bullet which has lost almost all of it's kinetic energy, you win! Very best of luck to yer!" ... just wonder what sort of background/experience you do really have to challenge the comment of "manarak" regarding to a bullet velocity and kinetics? He's totally right, speaking of knowledge! ... if you'd have the courage, enough time and patience, piece of paper and calculator - I'll take up on your own daring "knowledgeable" words - so you'll got the hit, without the doubt man!

to "neverdie": can't agree with you more !

but anyways ... these are just small things, however tragic they're not really significant ... i'm still looking for an answer to "why"?!!! ... why this all mess and damage? ... do all these Thai people ever bother to use their brains to see a bit more further or deeper than what they have just eaten? ... I must be missing a lot, for I still don't understand this situation and "red's" intentions - other than following some very ill-minded, selfish and short-sighted lead ...?! Wasn't this all triggered when the result of court processing about Taksin's blocked funds has been announced?

Don't they see this poor country being in very serious economic problems caused directly and indirectly by this Taksin? Haven't they noticed how all prices are raising up in order to balance all lost? ... Can't they see this sick-megalomaniac, power and money greedy Taksin individual - stealing from them personally (30 baht health insurance) and stealing from a whole country (major corporations and projects), raping this country of it's dignity and reputation, cheating and all-times lying to them? Playing a "god" manipulating their simple minds into a plain suicide? Individual as well as global?

And when, after all long proper proceedings, the rightful and fair decisions to seize the fraction of Taksin dirty funds has been finally made, these people go on fighting and killing to protest against that? ... To me, it's like this government says: ... "okay people, here is a bit of what has been stolen from us, to help us to compensate some lost and damages done, so lets get to work on better "tomorrow" now..." ... and people respond: ... " no. no. no !!! we don't want this money for Thailand and for ourselves! we love and respect the one who's the criminal on run, ... we don't miss our national telecommunication provider, we don't care he ran away with our 30 baht health insurance we (a millions of millions of real poor people've paid in good faith - so, if not for this new "oh-so-bad" government, a waste number of hospitals and clinics went bankrupt already!), we don't mind he'd been stealing money from our biggest int. airport - so it almost fall apart right after it's big opening, we don't mind he's been making a fool of all of us and still does - just for his personal wealth and pleasure/satisfaction, we can't see he's just a dangerous, sick in head gambler, showman and coward, with a total lack of concern for his-mother country and people well being ... we, a mass of poor people of Thailand, are happy to pay double or even triple price for our daily rice, we are pleased with all prices going up and national economy going down, we are trilled to watch our main industries falling apart, we are all excited to see how's our national reputation of one - for a century recognized - peaceful, yet strong and tough minded, stable and safe country is been shuttered to a pieces ... we, the RED-SHIRTED people of Thailand are here to scream: we don't want any better, we won't do our normal work to help to grow and make up for all damages done, we don't want what's rightfully belong to us - we want our beloved Taksin to have it and enjoy his idiotic passions, ok, we might be f@cked for another decades of years, but we want to see him buying another football club or whatever and have a good fun and laugh at us ... now we going to spill our blood and this of our brothers, we are going to provoke everything what can bring us any better so to make sure there will be people dying and our and our kids future life will be as difficult as possible! ... simply: we want to suffer if we only can see our dear Taksin be pleased ... and we will die for it!

... so what do I miss here ... can some one explain it to me, please?

I was listening to a bits of radio broadcasting of that meeting Mr.Aphisit held with these protester's leaders ... not only he extended this planed one hour session to 2 days hearing of total idiotic nonsense they were shouting at him, but he didn't lost his intelligent, well articulated reasoning, human respect and patience for this whole ridiculous bunch, for even one second! I will never understand how some one so well educated, intelligent, polite, reasonable and truly considerate, could manage any understanding for such a long - useless hours without losing his temper and goodwill !!!?

If I was Thai, I would be very, very proud of such a country leader and representative, especially after this clown Taksin era ...!!!

give him all credits, respect and support possible - looking up to the brighter future instead of threshing up whatever we have left here to the pieces

1st Highlight/underlined. No I wouldn't. Strange telling someone you don't know, what they would do. That's posting without a clue! Interesting to know what you think of people who do that. I know what I think.

2nd Highlight/underlined. Keep wondering and then you can keep posting without a clue.

Have a nice day.

PS 'piece of paper and a calculator'!!! LMFAO, I'll use my computer thanks.

Edited by beerchang

Agony aunt over here.

It"s called projection >>>>

Norwegian Randi Hit by Gunshot Just Outside Her Bangkok Hotel

A Norwegian tourist Randi Fagertun Søderholm was hit by a gunshot when she and her daughter Iris left heir hotel Saturday night.

Just outside the hotel entrance Randi, 54, broke down while she was telling her daughter that she had been hit by something, writes the Norwegian tabloid VG.

Seconds later a bullet fell to the ground.

No wonder that Norwegian tourist’s ribs are still sore.

“I am a very lucky woman. No reason to bye lottery tickets anymore” she jokes.

“The bullet must have done something though. Because I think it hit me sideways”, Randi Fagertun Søderholm.

The hotel where Randi and her daughter stayed after almost finishing three weeks of vacation had been one of the main centers of the Red Shirt demonstrations which have plaque Bangkok.

“We had heard the noise of shots before but we thought it was Chinese fireworks. After I was hit I realized that it was real gunshots we heard”, Randi says.

“At first, I wondered if there was someone who had shot with a slingshot, but realized immediately that it wasn’t. But I wasn’t afraid either. Hello. I mean what are the odds of being struck by a bullet"? Randi is asking.

source: scandasia.com

-- 2010-04-11

an un named moderator deleted my post forecasting the ( painfully predictable ) unfortunate events in LOS.

i believe i was described as a " troll "

I will gladly buy the " moderator " a nice cold adult beverage.................I'm just that kind of guy,

cheers, and good luck.

P.S. Anyone know what type of weapon the "guy in black" had? between him and his buddy i saw 2-3 weapons. :)

(Also posted in Asia Tourists' thread)

And I thought I'd seen it all... until now.

Walking home from Pat Pong tonight at 12.00 and saw two Thais wearing red shirts sitting outside 7-Eleven,

it was pretty obvious they were worse for wear.

A farang walks past and they chucked some water on him.

Pretty innocent to that point.

The farang said he wasn't looking for any problems - I heard him say it.

And then he spoke Thai saying for everyone to relax.

One of the red shirt wearers then ran up to him and cracked a Singha beer bottle

over the farang's head.

Blood all over the place.

The other then came in and landed a kick in his ribs.

Other Thais / including stall holders who were packing up their wares

jumped in to stop the two red shirt wearers and protect the farang.

Which is what made me realise it wasn't the normal bar dispute.

They helped him off to the police station.

I don't even think the farang hadn't even been in a bar,

he was simply walking down Pat Pong having come in from Silom Road.

I'd say to anyone out there.

BE CAREFUL. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. MORE THAN USUAL.

Don't say anything to anyone on the street if they are looking worse for wear.

It seems that even in tourist areas tensions are very very very high.

"abandoning wives, children parents etc". Seriously what the fuc_k are you on about ?

I think he's 'the fuc_k' on about expats who have burned their bridges etc etc. I know this because I read what he wrote. I've met many fellas who can't return home because of this in the last 7 years. I think that's what 'the fuc_k' he's on about....seriously.

gallery_327_1086_313.jpg

Let's look at this image.

Different people will see different things.

I for instance make note that the man to the right of the crying woman is clearly pro-Thaksin (with his I <3 DUBAI t-shirt). And seem to highlight the point that many pro-reds here try to explain away. Thaksin's grip on the reds are far deeper than they would like to admit. Because even many Red-fans [on TV] seem to recognize that Thaksin is NOT valid spokesman for democracy and peace. And hence, any win by the reds, in my opinion, will only pave the road for Thaksin to come back and pillage the country again. If that is what you want, fine, stand up and say so. Or that you don't mind that he rapes the rest of the nation as long as Your village get 1M baht allocated to it. Fine. But don't then try to pretend it has anything to do with democracy.

well done.

be carefull, you speak truth,and have a brain. dangerous in these times.

I recall a story about an old Sheriff who went to a rally to make a speech.

He always had a gun and live ammo with him. An old lady pointed to the gun and asked him ... do you have the gun because you expect violence?

His response was "No Ma’am … If I was expecting violence, I would have brought my shotgun".

Same holds here, NO way the soldiers would be out without riot guns and live ammo. It is stupid to be in areas where violence could erupt at any moment. I was going to be in Bangkok about 1 week just as this started. I went to Pattaya instead and had a great time.

Edited by ttk