Thai Red-Shirts Kidnap CAT Telecom CEO

webfact

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder what's going through Abhisit's mind right now.

If he had acted quicker in the first place and arrested all red shirt demonstrators, handcuffed them and piled them into police trucks, none of this would have happened.

A lot of Thai people are openly asking me, "what must you think of our country?"

Wouldn't be surprised of the PM asks Obama for military help on this one. Strangers things have happened.

Arisaman will be up on kidnapping charges now , when they catch him he will go away for quite a while.

No influential Thai does time. How long you been here?

Long enough to know that anything is likely in Thailand.

In the week that Malcolm Mclaren died, I can't help but think that he would have loved it here in Thailand, total anarchy reigns supreme on the streets, that's actually one of the reasons I came to live here, being an old punk I felt totally at home here.

Has anyone actually got anything constructive to say ... i.e. well researched approaches for solution etc ....???

It would maybe be of greater interest than calling each other "crack heads" ....

You should look at Bangkok Pundit's blog. He has some information about a push from Thai academics to resolve the current crisis.

These thugs simply seem to believe they are above the law, acts like this make the perpetrators nothing more than terrorists.

I feel that I am fairly objective in that I do not particularly like either the reds or the yellows. I, however, notice a rather consistent bias in this forum. Why is not the government held accountable (as terrorist) for closing the Red media outlets or 'kidnapping' the red leaders? The yellows after all came to power with similar tactics. Mostly I am concerned at the lack of desire to see a democratic as opposed to tyrannical process. Surprising since most foreigners come from democratic countries. Lets keep in mind that Songkran is many hundreds times more dangerous statistically speaking and in real life to! than the Reds are. I am not exactly an expert on the history of all this but I have seen enough to make a well based conclusion that many in this forum are biased.

Oh, get off your la-la land high horse. Most modern "advanced" democracies are controlled by vested interests and buy votes of elected representatives just as the Thai political system does. The only difference is "advanced democratic" societies are just more sophisticated at doing it than the Thais are.

It was reported in the Nation the other day that a couple of Americans got on a red stage and proclaimed their support for the "amazing" stand the reds are taking for democracy. And further stated that it took America a long time to have the advanced democracy it has now. What a f'ing joke; I wanted to puke right then and there. America has been controlled by well-heeled vested interests for decades and it is no different under Obama than it was under Bush. BTW, I am an American and I thoroughly disgusted with the actions and statements of those two Yank morons. The red shirts have lost whatever credibility they may have had and need to be kicked to the curb. Enough is enough. This is not a lawful expression of democracy; it is crass lawlessness, arrogrance, tyranny and completed inconsideration on the part of the red shirts for their fellow Thais. Abhisit needs to take the gloves off.

Has anyone actually got anything constructive to say ... i.e. well researched approaches for solution etc ....???

It would maybe be of greater interest than calling each other "crack heads" ....

The country is now so polarized that it is very difficult to find a solution that would be acceptable to all parties.

New elections is not the answer, it is only going to deepen the divide and they are not going to be fair (that is, without vote buying and all candidates being able to campaign freely).

A national government cannot be formed since the parties would never agree on the people who can take part in that one.

A new military coup might bring stability but it is not a solution most people would be in favor of...

These thugs simply seem to believe they are above the law, acts like this make the perpetrators nothing more than terrorists.

I feel that I am fairly objective in that I do not particularly like either the reds or the yellows. I, however, notice a rather consistent bias in this forum. Why is not the government held accountable (as terrorist) for closing the Red media outlets or 'kidnapping' the red leaders? The yellows after all came to power with similar tactics. Mostly I am concerned at the lack of desire to see a democratic as opposed to tyrannical process. Surprising since most foreigners come from democratic countries. Lets keep in mind that Songkran is many hundreds times more dangerous statistically speaking and in real life to! than the Reds are. I am not exactly an expert on the history of all this but I have seen enough to make a well based conclusion that many in this forum are biased.

I make you right on that, very few balanced, thoughtful comments. I'm really hoping that there are some serious students of Thai policitics in here, who have extensively read thai language political history (not just from recent events) and from different sources. If so, then I bow to your superior knowledge, if not.......why are you getting so excited and taking sides about something you know little about.

wonder what's going through Abhisit's mind right now.

If he had acted quicker in the first place and arrested all red shirt demonstrators, handcuffed them and piled them into police trucks, none of this would have happened.

A lot of Thai people are openly asking me, "what must you think of our country?"

Wouldn't be surprised of the PM asks Obama for military help on this one. Strangers things have happened.

Arisaman will be up on kidnapping charges now , when they catch him he will go away for quite a while.

No influential Thai does time. How long you been here?

Long enough to know that anything is likely in Thailand.

I really doubt that the US will get involved in this, the yellow shirts tend to have rather poor view of Americans in general, from my experience. THey tned to look more towards the UK. And the UK for sure isn't going to get involved in this mess.

Not if the reds win. Then he will be the government. They clearly aim to change everything here, not just who is PM, but the actual structure of the government, and beyond ...

I really get sick of this biased reporting.

Give me a break ,,, " kidnapped " . Just another way of demonizing and villifying the protesters as an angry mob.

Its obvious this is not a kidnapping in the western sense of the word. Come on !!

He was led away on the back of a motorcycle ,,, probably for talks or meetings and will be home for dinner later tonight.

Whats next ,, are you going to claim they are holding him for ransom of 1 billion bhat ??

You should look at Bangkok Pundit's blog. He has some information about a push from Thai academics to resolve the current crisis.

Thanks ... I have already read this, and yes, this is exactly the right stuff ... it appears that the infighting on the forum sometime - ufortunately - outweighs the real object of the discussion ...

Had a good laugh about this "kidnapping", for sure they will not slaughter him.

On a more serious tone: This might attract the public attention on the ongoing censorship in Thailand in which CAT plays a crucial executing role. Life without proxys or tor software becomes impossible here.

At least http://www.prachatai.org/english/ is online again and the only real source of information.

I do not like this screen, it justifies by itself already a revolution.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก

เว็บไซต์ที่ท่านต้องการเข้าชมได้ถูกระงับการเผยแพร่ตามคำสั่งจากกระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร

อาคาร 9 บริษัท ทีโอที จำกัด (มหาชน) ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพฯ 10210

โทร 0-2505-7147, 0-2568-2498

Sorry for any inconvenience.

The page you are trying to visit has been blocked by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.For more information, please contact Ministry of Information and Communication Technology

Building 9, TOT Public Limited Company, Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210

Tel. 0-2505-7147, 0-2568-2498

Killing frredom of speech is same killing people.

I second this. I hope that more awareness is raised towards the rampant censorship in Thailand.

Nothing to do with CAT Telecom. Some organisation should be deploying signal jammers in their area of protest now. Very soon...the mobile phones, walkie-talkies, satellite transmission and internet will not work. Good luck Reds...you'll have to start using smoke signals (caveman communications)

No different from the yellow shirts, they closed the airport and caused untold damage to the country! The army and the police are a joke!

Thanks ... I have already read this, and yes, this is exactly the right stuff ... it appears that the infighting on the forum sometime - ufortunately - outweighs the real object of the discussion ...

... oh and yes ... I am a lousy typist!!!

We are not here or being paid to offer constructive approaches for solution, our opinions rarely matter in these woods.

we just here to know who comes up with the most hilarious antics and what our Thai Chinese wives told us.

Yes, I agree. No problem. BP is a great researcher. Much better than the stuff I get here from The Nation or The Bangkok Post.

The country is now so polarized that it is very difficult to find a solution that would be acceptable to all parties.New elections is not the answer, it is only going to deepen the divide and they are not going to be fair (that is, without vote buying and all candidates being able to campaign freely).

A national government cannot be formed since the parties would never agree on the people who can take part in that one.

A new military coup might bring stability but it is not a solution most people would be in favor of...

the "Farang Community" particularly the yellowish part seems more stressed than the Thais. Cool down.... the higher level (the third hand) has not yet sounded his position,. I think it should come tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

We are not here or being paid to offer constructive approaches for solution, our opinions rarely matter in these woods.

we just here to know who comes up with the most hilarious antics and what our Thai Chinese wives told us.

ok ... at least an honest answer!! :)

Give me a break ,,, " kidnapped " . Just another way of demonizing and villifying the protesters as an angry mob.

Its obvious this is not a kidnapping in the western sense of the word. Come on !!

He was led away on the back of a motorcycle ,,, probably for talks or meetings and will be home for dinner later tonight.

Whats next ,, are you going to claim they are holding him for ransom of 1 billion bhat ??

Huh? Are you really suggesting that he went willingly and not under threat when 300 motorcycles show up? Sad Sad sad

Forcibly led away? You are rationalizing that? This folks, is the red way. The word THUGS doesn't even begin to describe how disgusting they have acted.

In criminal law, kidnapping is the taking away or transportation of a person against the person's wil
WIKI Edited by Jingthing

If an arrest warrant has been issued already against this Arisaman Pongruangrong, why oh why do the police not take the opportunity when it is presented to them. I would think the police should have "watchers" who are strategically placed to observe these wanted men 24x7. Watch their movements and actions constantly. If Arisaman walked over to his Honda Click and jumped on it and was joined by 300 of his mates (for a cruise through Bangkok) the police should have noticed this as it was happening. They should also have some sort of procedure in place to take this guy down "arrest him" in this event. 300 on Honda Clicks is not an army and it should be possible even for the Thai police to manage to arrest the one leading the procession.

The country is now so polarized that it is very difficult to find a solution that would be acceptable to all parties.New elections is not the answer, it is only going to deepen the divide and they are not going to be fair (that is, without vote buying and all candidates being able to campaign freely).

the "Farang Community" particularly the yellowish part seems more stressed than the Thais. Cool down.... the higher level (the third hand) has not yet sounded his position,. I think it should come tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

huh? The farang community is more worked up than the Thais? So far we haven't seen the "Farang Community" kidnapping people, attacking 1st Regiment, etc ... nor have we been parading corpses on stage or calling for War and a New Thai State from a stage that leads our followers to then attack.

There is an arrest warrant out for this Arisaman.

If he would have been arrested once tha warrant was issued this would not have happened.

Arrest warrants are a joke in Thailand, why do they bother.

The person gets arrested, bail set at a rediculous low price of 100,000 baht or so and the person walks free and the court case gets lost in the system.......

Edited by Thaihog