Pole In Chiang Mai

Marisa

Hi all

I've recently moved from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. I am looking for a place to practice my pole dancing (for fitness before there are any dodgy/smarta*** replies)!

I have my own removable pole but it's custom cut for my old place in BKK and my new home here has a false ceiling so I am looking for an alternative.

Does anyone know of any bars (I accept they may end up being go-go bars) with poles that might be possible to practice in here in Chiang Mai (near the main town or Nimanhaemin).

Or failing that any metal/hardware places that can cut an extension for my pole which is 51mm diameter chrome, which I will then have to somehow fit to another part of my home here.

Thanks!

Miss, I have no idea how to help you, but I thank you heartily for distracting my mind momentarily from the nation's troubles.

The last time I tried to give a demimondaime any suggestions as to pole dancing she threw a full bottle of beer at me.

Fortunately her aim was even worse than her pole dancing attributes :)

SpotLight down a bit from Loi Kroh on the moat has poles, maybe they will let you practise during the day when there are no punters (though as it heats up outside they get more punters simply because of the air-con in there!) for a fee I would guess.

51 mm for a portable pole?. That's insanity. 45 mm is the way to go unless you have king kong hands.

Get something fabricated so you can practice at home. Labor is cheap in CM.

This is an area where Chiang Mai has fallen behind the developed world. They should be teaching Pole Dancing in the schools. When will Thailand get with the program?

On almost street in the nation there are 50 mm metal poles for supporting signs such as "No Parking", etc., etc.

Surely you could use one of these street sign posts as your exercise pole. And you just might provide some entertainment for locals and visitors alike whilst keeping fit.

Thanks for your replies.

Yeah I may just have one made but need to brush up on my Thai and check with my landlady if I can install it, it will require some modifications to our place.

If anyone can recommend a fabricator....?

BTW - 45mm is def the way to go you're right. I didn't know that when I first ordered mine!

It is an amazing way to stay/get toned...it's not what people think at all!

I'll keep you posted :)

45 mm or 50 mm? It's just a matter of what you're used to, but remember that length is the most important thing to consider.

I forgt to mention quality. Quality is most important, make sure you know what you're getting, Marisa.

BTW, I'm assuming you are a female. Correct?

Maybe best to have a pole made.

You could ask at a place where they make those 'beautiful' silver colored metal gates.

Good luck. :)

You sound a little bit interested yourself Nienke, are you going to give it a go ? or perhaps you could teach the dogs to it :D .

Thanks for your replies.

Yeah I may just have one made but need to brush up on my Thai and check with my landlady if I can install it, it will require some modifications to our place.

BTW - 45mm is def the way to go you're right. I didn't know that when I first ordered mine!

I'll keep you posted :D

Perhaps you could post some pics when it's all done and dusted, thats with you on the pole of course :) .

Try Foxy Lady the have poles. :D

Didn't the BIB make them take them down a few years ago? Spotight installed handles on the roof so the girls could grab them instead. TIT! :D

There must be some tall girls in Spotlight if they are able to reach up to the roof :) .

Thanks for your replies.

My mother used to say "Fabrication never pays. It's a sin to tell a lie!"

Blinky knows all about motorcycle exhausts as well as poles, so I'd invite his views if some vertical stainless of the right diam and altitude would work for you.

Best idea I have for quality and value is a Thai stainless expert who does superbly neat, detailed welding. If you go all the way north on Bumrungrat Rd, past the British Council/Consul on your right and straight on at the lights, turn right at the next T junction and left at the one after that. (There is a big crematorium straight ahead).

You are now on a narrow winding road that eventually comes out on Superhighway.

On a sharp, narrow, left hand bend you will see exhaust systems hanging at an open fronted workshop on your left. Just enough room to pull in and park. He's ya man!

No English, but he works very well indeed from drawings and measurements.

Do keep us Posted.

How about a Poll?

if you dont want to go to one of the seedier places mentioned

try Can Do Bar (if its still open), in Chiang Mai Land its not a go go bar

if i remember correctly, they had a pole in the middle of the dancefloor

I went there a few years ago now, so dont know if they still exist.

Located about 200m in from Changklan rd end

Edited by Donnyboy

• 3 months later...
Thanks for your replies.

My mother used to say "Fabrication never pays. It's a sin to tell a lie!"

Blinky knows all about motorcycle exhausts as well as poles, so I'd invite his views if some vertical stainless of the right diam and altitude would work for you.

Best idea I have for quality and value is a Thai stainless expert who does superbly neat, detailed welding. If you go all the way north on Bumrungrat Rd, past the British Council/Consul on your right and straight on at the lights, turn right at the next T junction and left at the one after that. (There is a big crematorium straight ahead).

You are now on a narrow winding road that eventually comes out on Superhighway.

On a sharp, narrow, left hand bend you will see exhaust systems hanging at an open fronted workshop on your left. Just enough room to pull in and park. He's ya man!

No English, but he works very well indeed from drawings and measurements.

Do keep us Posted.

How about a Poll?

Hi there

Sorry I didn't see this before. Thanks so much for the advice/recommendation. I will have a look. There's a great mechanic around that way too!

Too much thinking seems to have given you an internet stutter Richard. :P

--

Whats the deal nowadays with Global House? Is it up and running again? (Sorry if im being slow, I have no idea of the update since the fire). Just wondered, as they may have what the OP is looking for. ..?