Songkran Tomorrow At Khao San

farangteachercliche

oh please, lighten up guys it's songkran!!!

Yes lighten up guys it's Songkran, just forget the 21 people who were killed and the 800 or so who have been injured in the vicinity, just go and throw iced water at motorcyclists and anybody else in the area, let's just have some fun and add to the list of casualties.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Go

oh please, lighten up guys it's songkran!!!

Yes lighten up guys it's Songkran, just forget the 21 people who were killed and the 800 or so who have been injured in the vicinity, just go and throw iced water at motorcyclists and anybody else in the area, let's just have some fun and add to the list of casualties.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Go

Unfortunately there will be many more deaths during the Songkran period than there were in the riots.The road death figures are appalling!

Cheers, Rick

^^^^

Yes, I agree.

Last year I saw a young girl fall off her motorbike after being hit in the face by a water gun, the following truck wiped her out. You will understand why I don't understand why the Songkran festival has moved so far away from it's traditional roots and turned into drunken revellers just wanted to hurt people.

But hey ho, it's Songkran, I must lighten up.

^^^^

Yes, I agree.

Last year I saw a young girl fall off her motorbike after being hit in the face by a water gun, the following truck wiped her out. You will understand why I don't understand why the Songkran festival has moved so far away from it's traditional roots and turned into drunken revellers just wanted to hurt people.

But hey ho, it's Songkran, I must lighten up.

Totally agree OldGit. 15-25 years ago it was still a delightful experience and has deteriorated since to the mindless, dangerous nonsense it is today (and not just in major towns). The current H2O guns on sale are bigger than Rambo's bazookas (apart from hosepipes I've seen on use for at least 5 years now in Da Mango Yaai)!

In general, levels of intelligence here, if they grow at all , do so at a very leisurely pace, so I'll hang in here for another ten years! Social research you know...someone has to do it!

Thairet