Need Help Finding Lost Folder

OneZero

I wanted to restore a folder containg a few pictures from my recycle bin. Now I know I should have simply dragged it to my desktop. Instead I clicked "Restore" I think the menu also said it would be archived.

Now I can not find it anywhere in my computer. A professional computer repair person at TukCom Pattaya told me he would have to know the file name inorder to help me find it. You guessed it - I do not know the file name.

Based upon what I did, does anybody have any suggestions? BTW, it's obvious that technically I'm not the most computer savvy person, so I don't mind paying a professional for help.

If you restore a file/folder from the recycle bin it will go back to the place it was deleted from.

ie. If it was on your desktop it will go back there, or if it was in 'my documents' that is where it will go.

An easy way to find the images is to search for all images on the hard drive and look at them.

If you restore a file/folder from the recycle bin it will go back to the place it was deleted from.

ie. If it was on your desktop it will go back there, or if it was in 'my documents' that is where it will go.

An easy way to find the images is to search for all images on the hard drive and look at them.

Maverell, thanks for advise. I do not know where it came from. I will do as you suggest - search for all images on the hard drive. But the search option I'm familiar with (right click start icon) wants me to give it a file name. Should I just say "images"? Plus, the images were in a folder. Anyway, thanks, I'll try.

If you are using XP just click

Start

search

for files and folders

pictures music or video

pictures and photos

Don't write anything in the file name box, just click search. It will find every relevant file on your computer.

If you can remember when the pictures were put on your computer you can use advacned search and enter relevant dates, if you're not sure ignore advanced search.

Try searching for,

*.jpeg

or

*.png

or

*.tiff

or

*.bmp

* is a wild card, the rest are common extensions for images. I think there's a drop down in xp's search to search for images anyways.

Most images will be xxx.JPG files, so search the entire hard drive for *.jpg if that does not find it try the above.

If you are using XP just click

Start

search

for files and folders

pictures music or video

pictures and photos

Don't write anything in the file name box, just click search. It will find every relevant file on your computer.

If you can remember when the pictures were put on your computer you can use advacned search and enter relevant dates, if you're not sure ignore advanced search.

Found the pics. Thanks everybody, for your advice.