Southern Living

worth

hi. im living in ho chi minh but must leave soon. ive been considering relocating to the south of Thailand and could use your advice and a few clues.

here's the story: my work demands a decent internet connection. not blindingly fast but reliable (not sure how reliable changes from hanoi to thailand). im just divorced, stressed, in need of some peace, not lookin for love or go-go love, wanting some time by the sea where i can do some diving when not working. I don't want absolute solitude nor do i seek the loony tunes of someplace like Pattaya across the bay.

Also, a home for me and my dog for 20,000 baht or less monthly for 6 months to a year. I'll need a cash machine too.

i know Bangkok but am a newbee to the south. so far, im looking into Chumphon and Cha-am further north. any other places to consider? please message for more info.

Edited by worth

just a couple of days ago, there were several suggestions in reference to relocating to the southern parts of thailand, such as....

as far south as songkhla or trung

with 20,000 baht a month, you and your dog would probably survive quite adequately....

it is definitely not dangerous in trung nor in songkhla....

post-75359-1271092283_thumb.png

thanks for the info. double checking what i wrote, 20,000 baht seems like a heap of dough for Chumphon! i've seen postings in this forum for three bedroom houses for 5000 Baht. is that for real? whats the trade off? and why have i been living in Vietnam for so long if that's true?

nakachalet. your joking right? Songkhla? im thinking not!

Edited by worth

thanks for the info. double checking what i wrote, 20,000 baht seems like a heap of dough for Chumphon! i've seen postings in this forum for three bedroom houses for 5000 Baht. is that for real? whats the trade off? and why have i been living in Vietnam for so long if that's true?

nakachalet. your joking right? Songkhla? im thinking not!

worth....

of course i am definitely not joking at all....

there are many germans, swiss, italians, americans, brits living around songkhla for a long long time....

if you have any reservation at all.... just drop by for a few days.... and see for yourself.... ok?

but if you are the party going type.... then songkhla and trung defintely are not the place for you....

other than that.... hatyai, songkhla and trung have all the inexpensive.... but excellent food.... the lodging is comparatively inexpensive as well.... and best of all.... beaches are mostly baren of many farangs.... LOL

and furthermore, there are many excellent pub with live entertainment in trung, such as cha-ngaw and say-yes.... check it out for yourself....

i'll even buy you a drink.... LOL

I wouldn't think there would be much of a problem

finding something in Chumphon. Chumphon is what

you want to make of it. Have good shopping and

reasonable internet on fixed phone line. It's not

Bangkok, but you sound like a person can take

care of themself. Give me a note if you need to know

more.