Thai Foreign Minister Slams International Community Over Crisis

webfact

Too much noise abroad....

He has not understood the lesson.

Perhaps Thai rich/powerful/politicians would be wise to look at what exactly they did to thwart this criminal's involvement. Were any consequences dolled out to active politicians who flew to neighboring countries to meet/confer/plot w/ this Terrorist? Were his repeated messages/videos stopped or for that matter has the Thai police/army done anything? How about the police arresting people who are know collaborators or "red shirt" leaders. The police didn't even stop "reds" from bashing their PM's vehicle. The examples of ineptness and inactivity inside Thailand are so numerous I could not possibly describe them all. Point being: Thailand clean your own house before looking at others.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kasit is the most stup*d guy I have ever seen.. I saw his interview on the aussie ABC channel last year when the red were on the street. He called the red terrorist then and when the interviewer asked what he was doing at the air-port with yellow.. he simply had no answer and simply ignore the question. Ch*cken! It is a shame that thailand has such a foreign minister. :)

ignoring the question is so 'Thai'

"Everyone is playing naive, closing their eyes and so on..." Kasit said.

isn't just this one of the finest, most developed traits of the highly esteemed Thai social culture?

An extremely brave thing to say. Well scripted.

Agreed. A breath of fresh air. It is time for TALKS and negotiations. But the red shirts don't want to talk. They want it all or more bloodshed. A shameful, irresponsible, force of destruction for Thailand.

a wonderful, responsible and courageous force for change some would say - removing an unpopular government with no mandate - as my Thai friend says everytime she sees red flags on tuktuks 'my heros' - not my words but it's how many Thais feel

What's your point? I said 2 to 1, not all.

I don't call 2 to 1 "overwhelming."

Do we care? no! it doesn't matter a jot that yellows outnumber reds by 2:1 - I quite like it

Thai's don't care I can assure you and the fact that yellows outnumber reds in the farang community tells me that I'm on the right side! the Thai side!!!

Do we care? no! it doesn't matter a jot that yellows outnumber reds by 2:1 - I quite like it

Thai's don't care I can assure you and the fact that yellows outnumber reds in the farang community tells me that I'm on the right side! the Thai side!!!

It means that you are inacapable of sorting through inaccurate and unreliable data.

Had a lot of unsuccessful business ventures have you?

"Everyone is playing naive, closing their eyes and so on..." Kasit said.

isn't just this one of the finest, most developed traits of the highly esteemed Thai social culture?

An extremely brave thing to say. Well scripted.

Agreed. A breath of fresh air. It is time for TALKS and negotiations. But the red shirts don't want to talk. They want it all or more bloodshed. A shameful, irresponsible, force of destruction for Thailand.

a wonderful, responsible and courageous force for change some would say - removing an unpopular government with no mandate - as my Thai friend says everytime she sees red flags on tuktuks 'my heros' - not my words but it's how many Thais feel

Yes, polluters might put red flags on their vehicles. When clean mass transit solutions are being held back by this mob. They don't want the government messing with their ricebowl, Democracy? :)

It means that you are inacapable of sorting through inaccurate and unreliable data.

Had a lot of unsuccessful business ventures have you?

sorry I don't quite get this reply? I was saying that it doesn't matter that more farangs like yellow than red - what's the point you are making? that it does matter to the Thai people what farangs think?

Yes, polluters might put red flags on their vehicles. When clean mass transit solutions are being held back by this mob. They don't want the government messing with their ricebowl, Democracy? :)

I was playing Devil's Advocate slightly... but, seriously, it might be naive but many, many up here do feel that way it is OTT I grant you but the feeling is very strong - I know some on here hate me talking about 'feelings' as if it were a swear word - but it is important - especially within the Thai culture

Jingles, time for you to take a deep breath and accept that you and many of the forum bullies not only misjudged but completely misunderstood what was going on. You are in good company because it seems Mr. Abhisit et al, missed the boat as well. (And no, I am not calling you a bully. Excitable though :) )

What is up with the references to Bush? We get it, you don't like him. That's swell, but it has no relationship to this situation.

You reference polls in TV as if they were definitive. Unfortunately, they are not. How many active members of TV are there? And how many actually responded to one of the Thaksin is the devil incarnate type polls? Out of how many members of TV? (excluding the multipersonalities types :D ) The polls were not structured to allow an unbiased indication of anything substantive. You cannot extrapolate based upon the opinions of less than 100 people.

There are plenty of TV members that have never voiced an opinion on the subject and won't because they don't have time for the nastiness of the lying bully brigade. You have mistaken the loud, pushiness of a few as a consensus of many. Please understand that a large number of people with real world experience and/or an education have no patience for the hysterics and the lies. Nor did they need to read how their wives/girlfriends were nothing more than Issan hookers. Those people just passed the nasty threads and went on to something more useful like the auto, visa, farming etc. threads. Alot of people got tired of the Thaksin obsession long ago. This is something the Thai government did not want to admit to itself for a long time. The international community was fed up with the back and forth. They did not care because they could see it for what it was. It was never about Thaksin's corruption, but the desire of an entrenched oligarchy to hang onto power as long as possible.

Wake up and get out of Pattaya. Get on a bus and travel the country. Go and visit your buddies JD in Chiang Mai or Animatic on Samui and get a feel for the nation. You may have an epiphany just as Paul had on the way to Damascus. (No need to look for me in Phuket. It's dangerous in Patong and I don't want you traumatized by a lippy tuk tuk driver.)

Thaksin apologist gets philosophical and says nothing.

Nothing at all.

With all due respect yoshi your constant mantra of " Thaksin apologist " is entering the land of banality. If he's saying nothing at all why don't you refute his points instead of the snide one liners? I'm assuming you have the ability.

Geriatrickid's comments about the straw polls on this forum are realistic. The comments and near-hysteria of a number of TV members on the red-shirt/yellow-shirt or Thaksin/Abhisit issue do not make for a poll result that any sensible person can put faith in. Better to ask MORI to perform a poll than rely on the views of extremists.

I'm one of those long-standing TV members who does not waste his time in commenting on these political threads. I have better things to do than fight with keyboard warriors.

Simon

Jingles, time for you to take a deep breath and accept that you and many of the forum bullies not only misjudged but completely misunderstood what was going on. You are in good company because it seems Mr. Abhisit et al, missed the boat as well. (And no, I am not calling you a bully. Excitable though :) )

What is up with the references to Bush? We get it, you don't like him. That's swell, but it has no relationship to this situation.

You reference polls in TV as if they were definitive. Unfortunately, they are not. How many active members of TV are there? And how many actually responded to one of the Thaksin is the devil incarnate type polls? Out of how many members of TV? (excluding the multipersonalities types :D ) The polls were not structured to allow an unbiased indication of anything substantive. You cannot extrapolate based upon the opinions of less than 100 people.

There are plenty of TV members that have never voiced an opinion on the subject and won't because they don't have time for the nastiness of the lying bully brigade. You have mistaken the loud, pushiness of a few as a consensus of many. Please understand that a large number of people with real world experience and/or an education have no patience for the hysterics and the lies. Nor did they need to read how their wives/girlfriends were nothing more than Issan hookers. Those people just passed the nasty threads and went on to something more useful like the auto, visa, farming etc. threads. Alot of people got tired of the Thaksin obsession long ago. This is something the Thai government did not want to admit to itself for a long time. The international community was fed up with the back and forth. They did not care because they could see it for what it was. It was never about Thaksin's corruption, but the desire of an entrenched oligarchy to hang onto power as long as possible.

Wake up and get out of Pattaya. Get on a bus and travel the country. Go and visit your buddies JD in Chiang Mai or Animatic on Samui and get a feel for the nation. You may have an epiphany just as Paul had on the way to Damascus. (No need to look for me in Phuket. It's dangerous in Patong and I don't want you traumatized by a lippy tuk tuk driver.)

Nothing at all.

With all due respect yoshi your constant mantra of " Thaksin apologist " is entering the land of banality. If he's saying nothing at all why don't you refute his points instead of the snide one liners? I'm assuming you have the ability.

Geriatric got it spot on - all of it - good job

I was playing Devil's Advocate slightly... but, seriously, it might be naive but many, many up here do feel that way it is OTT I grant you but the feeling is very strong - I know some on here hate me talking about 'feelings' as if it were a swear word - but it is important - especially within the Thai culture

I agree feelings are important. That is why propaganda can be such an effective and manipulating tool. Critical thinkers who can take a step back and look at the overview I think are less easy to manipulate, but hey, we've all got feelings too.

sorry I don't quite get this reply? I was saying that it doesn't matter that more farangs like yellow than red - what's the point you are making? that it does matter to the Thai people what farangs think?

It means that you have made a conclusion in the absence of reliable data. What info have you relied on? You claim to know what the Thai feel. Please do share how you determined this? Did you put on your magic Xray specs for this? I am not trying to be a smart ass, apologies for that if it reads that way. None of us know what the Thais are thnking or feeling. My friend from Surat hates the Reds. I have another that loves them. How am I supposed to know what they are thinking, what the public consensus is.If you figured it out, tell me. Thais don't give reliable polling data. Honest. We ask them about health issues and they come back with what they think we want to hear.

Edited by geriatrickid

It means that you have made a conclusion in the absence of reliable data. What info have you relied on? You claim to know what the Thai feel. Please do share how you determined this? Did you put on your magic Xray specs for this?

What's the matter with you? I'm referring to the TV Poll - Jingthing was quoting it as 2 to 1 in favour of yellows and I'm saying it doesn't matter - what are you talking about? I'm referring to TV posters only not 'the Thai people'

It means that you have made a conclusion in the absence of reliable data. What info have you relied on? You claim to know what the Thai feel. Please do share how you determined this? Did you put on your magic Xray specs for this? I am not trying to be a smart ass, apologies for that if it reads that way. None of us know what the Thais are thnking or feeling. My friend from Surat hates the Reds. I have another that loves them. How am I supposed to know what they are thinking, what the public consensus is.If you figured it out, tell me. Thais don't give reliable polling data. Honest. We ask them about health issues and they come back with what they think we want to hear.

you have mis-understoof my post

Nothing at all.

Actually it was a very honest and hopefully helpful post.

This is coming from the Yellow man who was up on stage at the blocked International airport.

The one that many people call a "terrorist" for helping to shut down Bangkok airports.

How can Kasit say these things given what he did and what he supported ?

I guess he is concerned that many people had video camera's, mobile phone camera's, camera's and the world has seen via Facebook, YouTube and the other social media just exactly did happen. The world can watch www.uddthailand.com even if Thai people are blocked by media oppression. Many people have seen everything that really happened on Saturday via YouTube and Facebook. No hiding place in 2010. They can compare that with what the state run media reported and then can judge if any bias or propaganda is being forced upon the people.

It seems the world is no longer afraid of reporting the real truth and their opinions of the situation. Kind of means they are ignoring anything Kasit says now ? perhaps why he is angry ?

Australian TV tonight is doing a "no holds barred" look into Thailand, the reporter is quoted as saying he probably will never be able to visit Thailand again. Link below :

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...-thai-politics/

Just finished watching that about 1 hour ago - excellent report, had the Nations managing editor on the ropes with some of the questions. A must see, some very important perspectives discussed in the report, unfortunately discussion of content is not allowed. And yes, the reporter will never be allowed to visit Thailand again - if only for the fact that a very very notorious clip was aired - highly provocative, humiliating and even unnecessary (I think).

Can't find it. Have you got a direct link? Thanks

Thai Foreign Minister is a Nutter

My hometown is Philadelphia in the US. the current mayor is named "Nutter". so when i visit, i hear on the news, "Mayor Nutter this...., and Mayor Nutter that...

very amusing.

Yes, unintended ironies pop up like a pimple on a forehead or backside.

I was REALLY hoping the Abhisit could pull the country together and thought there was a good chance for the democrats to actually win an election. Those hopes were smashed when he rewarded the yellow shirts by appointing a lunatic to the foreign minister post. Wasn't it quite obvious to you experts that appointment was a payback?

It is also a shame that the government has seen fit to concentrate on trashing Thaksin rather than going to work and getting something done. They may as well have a toothless caretaker government. Thai politics is just a joke and that becomes more obvious every day.

The bigger joke is the number of rabid farangs here who think they can have an affect on the outcome of this mess. Just sit back, relax, study the history of Thailand and try to keep your erroneous opinions to yourselves rather than make inaccurate opinionated statements.

Some 500 facebook's anti-red page gather at Victory Monument

BANGKOK: -- Some 500 fans of the anti-early House dissolution and anti-red shirts page of facebook gathered at the Victory Monument at 2:10 pm Tuesday.

The fans of the page organised the gathering at through the page to show their support for the government and oppose the red-shirt movement's call for early House dissolution.

During the gathering a group of red-shirt motorcyclists rode past the group and the two sides hurled abusive words against each other with no violence.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-14

footer_n.gif

THE NATION: Facebook fans of anti-House dissolution page will gather at Victory monument again at 2 pm.

This could turn nasty ...

Some 500 facebook's anti-red page gather at Victory Monument

BANGKOK: -- Some 500 fans of the anti-early House dissolution and anti-red shirts page of facebook gathered at the Victory Monument at 2:10 pm Tuesday.

The fans of the page organised the gathering at through the page to show their support for the government and oppose the red-shirt movement's call for early House dissolution.

During the gathering a group of red-shirt motorcyclists rode past the group and the two sides hurled abusive words against each other with no violence.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-14

footer_n.gif

THE NATION: Facebook fans of anti-House dissolution page will gather at Victory monument again at 2 pm.

This could turn nasty ...

they could be about to lose Face

It means that you have made a conclusion in the absence of reliable data. What info have you relied on? You claim to know what the Thai feel. Please do share how you determined this? Did you put on your magic Xray specs for this?

What's the matter with you? I'm referring to the TV Poll - Jingthing was quoting it as 2 to 1 in favour of yellows and I'm saying it doesn't matter - what are you talking about? I'm referring to TV posters only not 'the Thai people'

Who elected you spokesman for all Thais? Just stick to speaking on behalf of teerak and the in-laws - the rest of Thailand can speak for itself.

Who elected you spokesman for all Thais? Just stick to speaking on behalf of teerak and the in-laws - the rest of Thailand can speak for itself.

it was tongue in cheek... what happened to your sense of humour dude? more farangs want yellow than red = the others must be Thai? it is a play on logic (i.e. it isn't) get it?

Anyway yes - Thailand can speak for itself and is doing so with the red protests which will lead to this government falling

Why can so many people only see this in 2 colours. If you're not red then you're yellow and vice versa. I for one do not support the reds at the moment because of their totally corrupt leadership. If the reds could unite around leaders who truely did have the best interests of the poor at heart, not just pay lip service to it to get their illgotten gains back, then they would have my support 100%.

If the reds win at the moment then I feel they will just be thrown some crumbs from the table to keep them happy but nothing will be done in terms of setting up long term solutions to the problems.