Thai Anti-Riot Squad Cut Up By Soldiers In Black

webfact

Its hard to tell for sure, and with all these live reports the facts often get mixed up. But it sounds like the reds captured some of the police, and negotiated to release the police in return for them letting all 6 red shirt leaders who were in the hotel free.

Yes that was my first thought as well.

Edited by humfurry

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deputy chief in command of Met Police were there to arrest Arisanan and other Red Leaders at a hotel...

A or The: "deputy chief in command of metropolitan police" is being held hostage by Reds. This came over my computer just a minute ago from a Thai friend.

No source yet to confirm this. Anyone heard anything?

What I find interesting is that at 6.00-6.05 (and possible at more times) we can see the green laser pointer walking at stomach-height and shaking in the crowd, i.e. someone in the red crowd was the 'spotter of targets' (lose use of the term) for the later shots we could see in the other videos - anyone have time and patience to trace who could be wielding it?

I don't believe you necessarily need a spotter if using the standard Amy issue TAR-21 and SAR-21 Assault rifles... they both come with an integrated IR (Green) laser pointer.

This man (hide himself as a monk) must be arrested dead or alive.

It is obviuos with all this photo prove provided by ASTV that he is a multiple solider killer.

This one?

I can't read Thai. When are the arrest photos from?

The police already received the name & address of this army killer hidding as a monk.

The police should arrest this fake monk dead or alive as he has already committed multiple murder.

post-98578-1271402270_thumb.jpg

The only thing for certain is the parties involved, particularly Se Daeng and the Red Shirts, will deny deny deny any wrongdoing. Telling the truth is at the bottom of the priorities list for those people.

As it is for the 'government'. :) They only went back on their statements when there was video out from international sources showing clearly what happened. They have shown themselves to be liars and murderers; I wish there was a nicer way to say it. The sad and increasingly inevitable fact is that this bunch of misfits must go. Only question will be if Abhisit and Suthep can avoid jail, but quite probably an obvious deal can be struck. (which I think would be sad, too.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Let us just go back to the 'common is commonist' theory that most of the civilian casualties were caused by live rounds fired by soldiers (not snipers per se). This is in essence what the France 24 and BBC reporters say happened. One argument in the thread above is that the troops filmed firing at demonstrators were actually using rubber bullets. However, I think Chantorn is correct when he says that Thailand did not buy the version for use in regular firearms but instead opted for a version fired from a shotgun-like weapon. It may be worth adding that the version fired from conventional rifles requires an external adapter fitted at the muzzle, which would have been visible in the film (if in fact Thailand has ever purchased this version). I think somebody injected the wild card of plastic bullets, but as we Brits know the version we developed for N. Ireland can only be fired from handguns (revolvers) because they are not designed for magazines. This leaves the weaker fall back argument that the troops in the France 24 clip appear (for the most part) to be firing too high. Well speaking for myself I'd rather believe the BBC than some self-appointed military expert on this forum. We are looking to account for around 15 civilian fatalities in a very big crowd. Nobody is saying the troops opened up with everything.

Edited by citizen33

The police already received the name & address of this army killer hidding as a monk.

The police should arrest this fake monk dead or alive as he has already committed multiple murder.

Not really since no one actually saw the lad do anything apart from carry weapons.

Let us just go back to the 'common is commonist' theory that most of the civilian casualties were caused by live rounds fired by soldiers (not snipers per se). This is in essence what the France 24 and BBC reporters say happened. One argument in the thread above is that the troops filmed firing at demonstrators were actually using rubber bullets. However, I think Chantorn is correct when he says that Thailand did not buy the version for use in regular firearms but instead opted for a version fired from a shotgun-like weapon. It may be worth adding that the version fired from conventional rifles requires an external adapter fitted at the muzzle, which would have been visible in the film (if in fact Thailand has ever purchased this version). I think somebody injected the wild card of plastic bullets, but as we Brits know the version we developed for N. Ireland can only be fired from handguns (revolvers) because they are not designed for magazines. This leaves the weaker fall back argument that the troops in the France 24 clip appear (for the most part) to be firing too high. Well speaking for myself I'd rather believe the BBC than some self-appointed military expert on this forum. We are looking to account for around 15 civilian fatalities in a very big crowd. Nobody is saying the troops opened up with everything.

Did you read the followup article on France24:

http://www.france24.com/en/20100412-thaila...-protest-troops

The hypothesis of a third party has been reinforced by autopsies of the wounded. In the morgues and hospitals, we have seen at least six civilians killed by bullets shot squarely in the middle of their foreheads. This is the mark of an elite shooter – a sniper – and not a shot of deterrence.

And as for the injuries themselves, they seem to have been caused by high-power rifles, a weapon rarely found except with certain special military forces. The soldiers we saw had no such weaponry.

The shots could have come not from people within the army, but people who randomly shoot to create chaos. That could point to army veterans, or a particularly hard-core and heavily armed faction of the Red Shirts.

Edited by anotherpeter

The hypothesis of a third party has been reinforced by autopsies of the wounded. In the morgues and hospitals, we have seen at least six civilians killed by bullets shot squarely in the middle of their foreheads. This is the mark of an elite shooter – a sniper – and not a shot of deterrence.

So what of the other 10 or so civilians who died from gunshots, such as the chest shot fatality reported by the BBC eye witness, as well as many wounded by bullets? Do you really believe that in a situation where a conscript army was itself taking casualties, was clearly suffering from poor leadership, and - by Ministers' own admission - did fire live rounds in self defence, this didn't result in fatalities. That strains credibility too much for me.

There will be casualties this time they wont use rubber bullets , time to get rid of the terrorists .

Agree. It is about time this filth was wiped off the streets so that decent law abiding people can get on with their lives.

How else can you deal with anarchists and traitors.

Edited by Eclipse

So what of the other 10 or so civilians who died from gunshots, such as the chest shot fatality reported by the BBC eye witness, as well as many wounded by bullets? Do you really believe that in a situation where a conscript army was itself taking casualties, was clearly suffering from poor leadership, and - by Ministers' own admission - did fire live rounds in self defence, this didn't result in fatalities. That strains credibility too much for me.

i'm not sure i get your point.

eye witness on bbc told a story, his perception of events: a guy was shot.

question remains: by whom? - you're with me on this?

[btw, just in case... eye witnesses seem to make coverage of events more "dramatic" & "authentic". media likes that - police & courts have difficulties with "eye witness" reports. how comes? we're limited... by our inclinations to perceive. do your own research.]

on sunday (self-claimed & so-called) "red shirt" "apologists" _claimed_ on several forums, japanese reporter had been shot (!!!) by army! parts of his last video had been made public (on reuters). the guy was among soldiers in full gear.

so yes, he was shot. again: by whom?

do you really want to tell me he had been shot by soldiers while in the midst of them?

There will be casualties this time they wont use rubber bullets , time to get rid of the terrorists .

Agree. It is about time this filth was wiped off the streets so that decent law abiding people can get on with their lives.

So Civil War is what you will get. Let's hope you do not get caught in the crossfire :)

i'm not sure i get your point.

Sadly I think there are several points that you don't get. The simplest is that if troops fire off live rounds in the direction of protesters, as Ministers now admit they did, people get killed. The fatalities weren't all central head shots, which might lead to the conclusion that only elite snipers were involved (for example the BBC report concerned a chest wound). But I sense that you are not the kind of person to whom the obvious explanation is going to appeal. This is also the case with other posters who think that M16s fire rubber bullets from the magazine.

So Civil War is what you will get. Let's hope you do not get caught in the crossfire :)

So you think that the legally elected Government should sit back and allow a mob of thugs and anarchists create mahem on the streets of the Capital.

A very strange and dangerous viewpoint. Clearly stated for affect and to provoke arguments.

So you think that the legally elected Government should sit back and allow a mob of thugs and anarchists create mahem on the streets of the Capital.

A very strange and dangerous viewpoint. Clearly stated for affect and to provoke arguments.

A mob who won 26,293,456 votes in the last Election.

Do you really think that all red shirts are Bangkok?

These are just the brave ones.

Edited by monkfish

^^ What does that have to do with a spotter highlighting the targets for the shooters?

Absolutely,Thanks! Was in a big hurry, correction made..

I don't believe it necessarily had to be a spotter…both the standard Amy issue TAR-21 and SAR-21 Assault rifles come with an integrated IR (Green) laser pointer.

A mob who won 26,293,456 votes in the last Election.

Do you really think that all red shirts are Bangkok?

These are just the brave ones.

Won or bought?

Probably bought - dam_n good job no money changed hands when the incumbent coalition was put together or neutral observers might think they were all at it :)

Edited by danc