Bts April 13 And Major Stores

SantiSuk

I don't see the daily 'read only' posting that updates us on news and transport etc.

Can anyone give an update on BTS - open or not? free or not?

What about lower Sukhumvit (Nana area). Any reds - there were some on Saturday but generally the Siam/Ploenchit demo area seemed to be good-humoured and free from conflict.

What about MBK, Siam, Paragon etc. OK I know it might be crazy going there, but I might venture to MBK if the BTS is still taking punters over the top of the demo.

Sorry, haven't been out today, so don't know, and would be interested myself.

Yesterday things were running OK. I went to Siam Square at around 2.00 pm and then to Central Chidlom. After a brief spot of shopping in the latter at about 3.30pm, I noticed the road in front of Central filling up with "red" trucks being parked on both sides, and cutting off the last section of Ploenchit leading to Rajaprasong which they have cordoned off; at this intersection the red guards were directing traffic to Langsuan, and then at the end of Langsuan there was a large lorry being put into place on Sarasin, preventing traffic from turning right in to Rajadamri. All seemed to be pefectly co-ordinated by the red guards, who seem to have taken over the traffic control of that area of the city. There were no BIB in sight. This behaviour is very worrying indeed, and there appears to be a breakdown in the normal semblance of "law and order" in the city. I presume they will still be doing that today, and indefinitely. Lord knows what happens after Songkran, when presumably people will want to return to their places of work, and any attempt to control it by the "authorities" could be met by violence.

Unfortunately it appears no one is in charge. I think this is called anarchy.

I was just down at Pratunam and Central world hanging with the boys in red

They were all rather jovial, if not a little wet between the ears ...

They were all having a good time.

Did notice that where cops are usually sitting around under a canopy

there were none to be seen. I did however see 1 car park security guard