Web Hosting For New Company In China

LaoPo

My wife is struggling with the question where to host her new website/company based in China but targeting customers from outside China.

Anybody who has experience with this?

Would appreciate assistance, help and suggestions!

PS: she has very good experience with one.com (based in Denmark); they have assistance in many languages; but would that be any good for her new website if her company is based in China?

LaoPo

As for whether to buy local Chinese hosting or to go international, I would get hosting in a western country personally. Though I must admit, it's purely based on my skepticism of all things Chinese when it comes to the internet. Besides, you aren't selling to customers in China any way.

I've been a happy DreamHost user for 3 years now, and I would recommend them to any one. They offer unlimited storage space and unlimited bandwidth -- which is GREAT! If you're interested, I can get you $50 off ($47 for your first year!) plus 3 additional free domain registrations (total of 4). I only get $3USD for the referral, but it's better than nothing!

The promo code is:

BESTDEALIO

Just use it when you sign up. Any one can use that promo code, it honestly is the best offer possible with DreamHost.

1and1 has been very good for some five years now for me and several serious geeks I know. Their main location is in Los Angeles but they also have locations in the UK and Germany. Excellent reliability, costs and many very handy web utilities.

Struggling?

What difference does it make what country it is hosted in?

In reality is doesn't make any difference at all

What you need to consider is:

1. Cost for the space and bandwidth you desire

2. Does it come with Cpanel or some easy to manage admin panel where you can add email accounts etc and change passwords and other things by yourself

3. Percent Uptime (how many percent is the server online each month)

4. Tech support (is it support tickets or live help desk) If you run a business and the site goes down for 24 hours waiting for a support ticket customers will visit your site and think you went out of business.

5. Is the hosting location you choose in an area with NO NATURAL DISASTERS ie earthquakes etc. where the whole server company can get wiped out

China is the last place I would host anything

Their ongoing feud with google and internet censorship and monitoring is not the place to be running a website