Who Turned Out The Lights?

bkkmadness

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep;

my wife ran around turning it all off - "Taksin wants us to turn off the lights"

Sort of reminded me of an "agraian utpoian" existance. - Shun Technology and go back to the stone age - remind you of anyone ?

We did here in lower Suk, but when we went out to our balconey to look around, not many others had bothered or knew about the 8:45pm countrywide event. And we can see a huge number of buildings from our 20th floor apt.

Newborn got very upset in the dark - and has got a fever so it didn't help that the AC went off. We had to fan him like punkah wallahs.

We were out for 20 minutes.

This country is shambolic.

I assumed it was a power cut. It all went off by itself.

Edited by The_Moog

Just had the lights in my room turned out by my gf for 5 minutes at 8.45 pm to start some new energy saving project or something or other. 

Looked out the window, and definately a lot of lights turned out, so did you join in?

i hardly think that by switcing off your 4 watt fluorecent tube for a short time, will save the planet bkk madness!

you may have saved(in electrical energy .00000001 bht but hey every bht counts !

Edited by andy50

Just had the lights in my room turned out by my gf for 5 minutes at 8.45 pm to start some new energy saving project or something or other. 

Looked out the window, and definately a lot of lights turned out, so did you join in?

i hardly think that by switcing off your 4 watt fluorecent tube for a short time, will save the planet bkk madness!

you may have saved(in electrical energy .00000001 bht but hey every bht counts !

I left my computer on, fish tank with spotlights, fans and everything else, just let the gf turn off the lights coz it kept her quiet. :o

Yep;

my wife ran around turning it all off - "Taksin wants us to turn off the lights"

Sort of reminded me of an "agraian utpoian" existance. - Shun Technology and go back to the stone age - remind you of anyone ?

My wife did and said pretty much the same...

And then switched the channel so we could watch Thaksin address the nation from a room full of fully light chandeliers :o

We forgot.

However, we did remember not to be out on the roads between 20:30 and 21:00. Driving around with no streetlights amongst all the cars and motorbikes with their lights turned off would have been suicidal.

Same as usual, I suppose.

Mr. TAX should solve the energy problem as follow:

just put a DINAMO inside the p u ssy of the Thai BGs, and the expat community + tourists will generate enough energy to help also China and USA!!!!!!!!!! :o

just put a DINAMO inside the p u ssy of the Thai BGs, and the expat community + tourists will generate enough energy to help also China and USA!!!!!!!!!! 

:o:D That was funny Duke :D

I was told at my work to turn off the air-con for 1/2 an hour, which I never. It doesn't save money by turning it on and off in a big room. Stupid idea by toxin and nothing about money/energy saving.

Edited by Neeranam

just put a DINAMO inside the p u ssy of the Thai BGs, and the expat community + tourists will generate enough energy to help also China and USA!!!!!!!!!! 

:D:D That was funny Duke :D

I was told at my work to turn off the air-con for 1/2 an hour, which I never. It doesn't save money by turning it on and off in a big room. Stupid idea by toxin and nothing about money/energy saving.

:D:D:o:D

I disconnected the light in our fridge but couldnt find the beer so ended up going out and buying more in the 7-11.(plus bread,milk and some of those horrible suggary sweet cakes.....

On the walk back it was of course deemed neccessary to buy some noodles and pork so as an energy saving measure I reconed it cost me about 430 baht :D

The light soon went back in with the noods getting a blast in the microwave.

Gotta lotta Heinekins now :o

A ######ing stupid idea in my opinion. Ok. People turn the lights off. Ok. You are such good citizens. This is your great leader telling you nice sheep that you are. Ok. Now kids turn it back on 5 minutes later. Thats great kids, You have now caused a spike in the grid. By causing such a great energy surge. All at once. Aren't you all great and Me too. Thank you my people. Mr T. :o

Edited by Jockstar