Good Agent For Cheap Air Tickets

canuckamuck

I used to use a travel agency back in Sriracha, they were very good to me, but now that I am in Chiang Mai I need to get a new favorite as distance is proving to be a barrier.

I have never booked anything online, because my agent was good at matching or beating the prices, however if someone has a good site to recommend i will look at that too.

Edited by canuckamuck

i aggree with clinique..

yes to ... p and p travel ( no pic ) see green arrow .. thapae road but travel shoppe see red arrow ... pic

also give good prices

they are 500 yards apart .... ask them both the same question of where you want to go and see who offers you

the best deal ... : )

good luck ... dave2

itasoftware.com is the author of search engines used by others (obitz, at least some time back). Its site offers a far better search than one gets from traditional types, in that one (by clicking ABOVE RIGHT after entering the search part, QPX) can give a departure month, an approximate number of days at the destination (up to 7) and receive the best rate during that period of time - if you are flexible at all. Also, there is a new system in beta called MATRIX that is revealing, takes up the right of the opening page. From their site, they allow you to click over to the airline that suits best.

However, they don't include Airasia and some other budget regional airlines. Another poster has suggested something named attitude (travel, I think), a .com outfit. I've tried them and found local flights included.

Edited by CMX

I always use world express on chang klan road near the Ayudthya bank, they spend alot of time getting you the best price, ask for Khun Jan. They have beaten the price that P&P quoted me for my last 2 trips to Europe and also a trip to the Philippines.

use P & P travel,

simply the best.

ask for Miauw.

Agree, had a CMai GH for a few years and we used to go through them for customers. Then naturally charge a service fee on top... so go direct. And yes ask for Miaw. Yet we compared prices with World Express to see who could beat who as apart of our service for customers. Play them off against each other- they expect it.

Yet I find for many flights particularly in SE Asia they have an impossible time beating the rates of Air Asia promotions on the internet. You might as well book SE Asian flights with Air Asia for the cheapest. Yet P & P will still try match (Even if they make nothing) and you get the service as they wish you to come back for more. Top agency. Thumbs UP. :)

i aggree with clinique..

yes to ... p and p travel ( no pic ) see green arrow .. thapae road but travel shoppe see red arrow ... pic

also give good prices

they are 500 yards apart .... ask them both the same question of where you want to go and see who offers you

the best deal ... : )

good luck ... dave2

Same here, PP Travel have always come up trumps for me, but still shop around.

I like dealing with Khun Pidet at Travel Shoppe too. :)

I like dealing with Khun Pidet at Travel Shoppe too. :)

Me too! thumbsup.gif

And me. The owner speaks English really well and clearly seeks to get the best deal for his customers. He provides information even if he will not make a commission as the result. He has sent me directly to the airlines if he sees that option as being the best. I never experienced that with any other travel agency. That said, I will compare costs with P & P, who I have yet to experience, for that just makes sense.

Just a quick question... do you think its cheaper to book via an agent in town, or through the net? I had always thought the net was cheaper. I dont use any particular net agent, usually just hunt around.

I went to both shops. Both provided pleasant service, I rate P&P as the more professional. Both gave me decent quotes, different airlines, which were however significantly in excess of the prices on here:

http://saveflights.com/

Still I'd pay the excess - better to get sorted out in advance and better than dealing with people in Bangkok.

Agreed, Khun Pidet of Travel Shoppe across Thapae Gate has great English proficiency, is efficient, direct to the point yet polite, seems an honest chap, and patient too. He knows that when I say "I'll be back on..." that I'm shopping for best price, and he will encourage that or send you direct to Air Asia just around the corner to check for better airfares.

Cnx P&P Travel for me too

841513558_AhmYx-L.jpg

Yep, agree wiht the aforegoing. I've used P & P for over 15 years ne'er a problem. Pranit the Sikh lady co-owner is very professional and speaks virtually fluent English - I even keep the business cards pictured above behind the bar at The Olde Bell because I get asked this question regularly. The one thing i would say is, do a bit of internet research first and come armed with a few ides as, although the staff are good, they are not as pro active as say Trailfinders in UK or Oz, you need to point them in the right direction.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if this is old hat or not, but if it is maybe not everyone is aware. Today I received the email below and immediately called Khun Praneet at P&P. It seems someone has hacked her email address and it is now NOT the one shown on MF post prior to this. If you are dealing with anyone via the address shown there, then your emails are probably going to a hacker.

Not that I know much about technology, but Khun Praneet is certainly aware and has changed her email address.

Below is the email I received today. The IP address shows it was sent from Wichita, Kansas.

----- Original Message ----- From: CNX P AND P TRAVEL TH. CHIANGMAI

To:

Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:43 PM

Subject: Your Assistance Needed

How are you doing today? I'm presently in the United Kingdom attending a seminar/workshop but unfortunately for me I was robbed of my money and valuables on my way to the hotel. I need you to assist me with a loan of 1,850 USD (One Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Dollars) to be able to sort myself out over here. I have reported the issue to the Police and have also gone to the Embassy but they are not responding to the issue as I expect them to. I have to come back home and I promise to pay you back as soon as I return. Do kindly let me know if you can be of help to me as I am totally depending on you to get out of this situation.

CNX P&P TRAVEL

243-245 THAPAE ROAD

CHANGKLAN, CHIANGMAI 50100

Edited by uptheos

I don't know if this is old hat or not, but if it is maybe not everyone is aware. Today I received the email below and immediately called Khun Praneet at P&P. It seems someone has hacked her email address and it is now NOT the one shown on MF post prior to this. If you are dealing with anyone via the address shown there, then your emails are probably going to a hacker.

Not that I know much about technology, but Khun Praneet is certainly aware and has changed her email address.

Below is the email I received today. The IP address shows it was sent from Wichita, Kansas.

----- Original Message ----- From: CNX P AND P TRAVEL TH. CHIANGMAI

To:

Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:43 PM

Subject: Your Assistance Needed

How are you doing today? I'm presently in the United Kingdom attending a seminar/workshop but unfortunately for me I was robbed of my money and valuables on my way to the hotel. I need you to assist me with a loan of 1,850 USD (One Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Dollars) to be able to sort myself out over here. I have reported the issue to the Police and have also gone to the Embassy but they are not responding to the issue as I expect them to. I have to come back home and I promise to pay you back as soon as I return. Do kindly let me know if you can be of help to me as I am totally depending on you to get out of this situation.

CNX P&P TRAVEL

243-245 THAPAE ROAD

CHANGKLAN, CHIANGMAI 50100

OUCH! Sorry for her. Time for a decent password!

Here's an email I received from Khun Praneet today. I've left her new email address in as it's advertised openly and in case someone might need to contact her.

Mods can delete as necessary.

Dear Our Value Customer,

On behalf of CNX P and P Travel LTD., Part.

We would like to inform you that we are sorry for an inconveniece cause due to our email address [email protected] was hacked by hacker. So we would like to CANCEL this email address [email protected]

Effective from now. If you have any inquiries or any question please contact us at our NEW email address : [email protected] During the period on Saturday 18th DEC 2010 - 20th DEC 2010, for our

customers that has sent us email and did not get reply back, please kindly re-sent your inquiries to

our NEW email address : [email protected] and please kindly forward these message to your friend that have ever

contact with us or even contact us by phone number (+66) 053-272545 or mobile phone (+66) 081-9607071.

Sorry for this inconvenience situation.

Thank you and warmest regards,

Praneet Paratpumikul (Owner)

Customer Sales Supervisor.

CNX P&P TRAVEL

243-245 THAPAE ROAD

CHANGKLAN, MUANG

CHIANGMAI 50100

TEL. 053-272545-7 , FAX.053-279261

www.cnxpptravel.com