Veterans Living In Thailand

mouse

What if you live somewhere (in Thailand) that is not any of the links on that page: CHiang Mai, Udon, Bangkok, Pattaya, etc????

Where do you register then?

Just register with the one closest to you.

Is the VFW cafetaria in Khorat/Nakhon Rachasima still there? I remember eating lovely greasy spoon food there back in 1999, and I met an American who could have been a VFW, I went on an interesting massage parlour crawl with him.

• 1 year later...

Just to let everyone in Chiang Mai know that we are still strong and active and meet monthly at Dukes. http://www.vfw-chiangmai.org/

love to go, former Marine. But really who carries a DD214 with them. It was like nearly 30 years ago I wonder if I even still have mine in storage back in Cali ?

Just like I was asked for my divorce papers from 22 years ago, Sorry, nope, don't usually carry them with me, still trying to forget her. . .

If there is a way PM me and I would love to attend now that I live here.

Maybe the better question is do you need to be a Vet. or have served in a foreign war ? I was a congressional guard after Camp Pendelton. Never over seas.

Edited by JeffreyMcCollum

Just to let everyone in Chiang Mai know that we are still strong and active and meet monthly at Dukes. http://www.vfw-chiangmai.org/

love to go, former Marine. But really who carries a DD214 with them. It was like nearly 30 years ago I wonder if I even still have mine in storage back in Cali ?

Just like I was asked for my divorce papers from 22 years ago, Sorry, nope, don't usually carry them with me, still trying to forget her. . .

If there is a way PM me and I would love to attend now that I live here.

Maybe the better question is do you need to be a Vet. or have served in a foreign war ? I was a congressional guard after Camp Pendelton. Never over seas.

Jeff

You can check your eligibility here: http://www.vfw.org/Join/Eligibility/

Mac

When I got out in '73, during processing, they kept telling us to go have your local county clerk copy and certify your DD214 so no matter what happened to your original, there would always be a good copy easily available. I did this but my original sits in the briefcase beside me so never needed a certified copy. FYI , you need to be a veteran of a foreign war to join, but anyone there will usually be happy to help any veteran or spouses if need be...lot's of posts around SE Asia have lots of good greasy food also. Duke's in Chiang Mai is par excellence food-wise.

Here's a listing of VFW posts in Thailand and some contact info

VFW

Edit the link as the first time made a mistake

And if I may add, a relative of mine is deeply involved in "The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Assoc", doing a great job assisting Vets.

Anything to help.

mario299 :jap:

Edited by mario299

Thank you so much for your post. I have a service connected (30%) that I was being treated for at the VA before moving back over here (Pattaya) I recently had a visit to the hosp for my condition and paid for it myself. I did get the certified treatment copy for future submission, but this helps a lot as I will likely be needing ongoing treatment.

I'll do some more reading and try to figure out how to submit the claim.

Here is a site in Australia that works for all Veterans for all wars and conflicts.

I am a member of the Vietnam Veterans Peacekeepers' and Peacemakers' Association of Australia New South Wales Branch Inc.

They are affiliated with the Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia.

They have helped with U.S. Forces Personnel.

South Vietnamese Forces Personnel.

I am about to assist with Thai Military that fought for the Allies in Vietnam.

http://www.vvfagranville.org/

Give them a try, it can't hurt to ask.

love to go, former Marine. But really who carries a DD214 with them.

When I was discharged I was supplied with the original and a credit card size laminated version. I had that one sent to me along with a few nick knacks - ribbons, dog tags, massage girl number tag. :D

Keep planning on signing up.

BTW - you can request another copy of your DD214.