Men's Barber In Patong.

NamKangMan

Yes, have had the ladyboys run their fingers through my hair and tell me how handsome I am etc etc and take an hour just to cut a little bit off my hair.

I am just looking for a proper men's barber to cut my hair, in a western style, not the "flat top" Thai style and I don't want anyone to clean my ears, rub menthol over my forehead so my eyes water, blow dry my hair, dye my hair, style my hair etc etc. Obviously, sterile equipment would be nice. Just a straight out, no fuss, hair cut. Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere in Patong, or surrounding area?

Just want to edit/add - I have no probs if it's a ladyboy - just want a haircut without all the bullsh*t.

Edited by NamKangMan

:) I would add that caution is advised if asking the Somchai/Lekchai for a western style hairdo. 'Western' style as they understand it will be to shave what little hair you may have completely off, polish the remaining bald dome and chuck in a few crap tattoos. Note that any farang who is over 30 years old and still sporting a ridiculous ponytail will be charged extra or possibly beaten up. :D

I recently asked the same question here and had a few reples.... a little bit further than you wanted to travel but "cut and curl" in central is ok.. they actually know how to cut hair there using clippers 350 baht though.....

I recently asked the same question here and had a few reples.... a little bit further than you wanted to travel but "cut and curl" in central is ok.. they actually know how to cut hair there using clippers 350 baht though.....

350 baht? The best barber is 80 baht on the main road going towards the temple on the left. Been there for donkeys years.

My preferred one is in Sai Nam Yen, coming from the TOT office going east, at the next corner opposite a bikers bar there is the little stall with the window in-script "Bar ber" (yes, there is a space between "Bar" and "ber"). 70 Baht for Thais, 100 Baht for Falang. Live with it or choose another one... Nice after haircut service is a Paa Yen...

Looked for ages for a hairdresser who would give me a western style haircut AND do it how I wanted it done!!! Found one about a two years ago in Patong, owned by a lady who has many farang customers. It is in Soi Sai Nam Yen, just past the Nanai Road junction.........if you were coming down Nanai Rd, turn right at the junction with Sai Nam Yen and about 30 mtrs up on the left hand side is a little salon called "No Name Salon".

The owner is nicknamed Shampoo and speaks good English........unfortunately she has just gone to visit her folks for 10 days, but one to remember and visit.

There's a new place towards the southern end of Nanai Road, just down from Sunhill, Club Bamboo. New place, just behind Reggae Bar. Called Nutt and Kanchana Beauty....do a great haircut with no hassle.

After many years of searching all over Thailand for a decent western haircut I finally discovered a young lady who works for a hairstylist in the Jungceylon shopping mall in Patong. A consistently (over three years) excellent western cut every time, great personality with perfect English and reasonable at Baht 300. Upper level of Jungceylon, first building (closest to the beach side), directly opposite Top Charoen and sandwiched between a shoe shop and a Botox shop, ask for Mermaid.