Best Youtube Songkran Video

T_Dog

Ran across many excellent YouTube videos of Songkran over the past few days, but this one is exceptional in that it captures so much of the water-throwing and doesn't have any expletives. If you have a better one, post it here!

Edited by T_Dog

That was a very nice video and I liked the slow motion...

The scary part was the people taking water from that grubby river... I can imagine there were lots of people came down with stomach problems...

I saw alot of bright red eyes on the last day....but for the actual amount of people that were out there it was probably only like .5 percent. Overall the fun that's had more than makes up for a couple days with a cold or infection.

Nothing like tossing nasty klong water for Songkran

You think people would know better but then again, this is Thailand.

That water is about as polluted and germ infested as you can get

The new Fuji HS10 Digital Camera with 30x zoom does FULL 1920 HD Video with slo mo to 1000fps

Can capture a drop of water falling and splashing as clear as crystal

AWESOME video!!

The scary part was the people taking water from that grubby river...

It's not a grubby river, it's the city moat. We have a moat in Chiang Mai. Water quality is not too bad.

Nothing like tossing nasty klong water for Songkran

It's not a klong, it's a moat. Go look up the difference, or come visit Chiang Mai.

That water is about as polluted and germ infested as you can get

I assume you ran lab tests on it. :) (The Tessaban does, and performs water treatment on it prior to the event)

I got buckets full of the stuff on me, in my eyes etc, even jumped into it once and I'm perfectly fine. There's fish in it. Kids swim in it.

( And a thousand rats can't be wrong. :D )

That was a very nice video and I liked the slow motion...

The scary part was the people taking water from that grubby river... I can imagine there were lots of people came down with stomach problems...

Mah friend! The water was coming out of the moat, the tambon fill it up just for soncran... :)

WinnieTheKhwai,

Please make a video of yourself taking a big ole glassful of that moat water and drinking it. Do that, and I will take back my comment of it being "grubby." :)

TheWalkingMan

There is a big difference between "That water is about as polluted and germ infested as you can get" and being potable. I think what WTK is saying, is that the water is clean enough to swim/ play in without fear infection or disease.

Likewise with the water at the Ocean or coming out of my tap here. Perfectly fine to swim/bathe/wash with, but not something I want to drink a big ole glassful of.

-Mestizo

The T_DOG is in the house. What a cool video!!!

Rode my red cruiser bicycle a dozen times around the moat daily.

Stopped now and then to wash out the kalong water from my mouth

with Leo. Had a blast! Wish Songkron was a day or so longer.