Thai Army Says Planning Operation To Clear Protesters

george

As a matter of fact, and despite all the media coverage they get, the RS have difficulties to mobilize enough supporters,

so they announced that 'day x' will be the 'ultimate battle', the 'decision day', 'final fight' etc. already a couple of times -

not only since 2-3 weeks, but since many months. Luckily, very few of their supporters are able to connect the dots and realize that.

I agree with you! Not very trustworthy...

Just talking about that they have so little money that they can't afford a hamburger while the elite is eating steaks ROFLOL

Back to serious: looks and sounds more real this night!

Edited by khaosarnbuddy

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from geriatrickid: "Those that oppose the Red Shirts have some valid views. Unfortunately, those legitimate arguments and points are pushed aside because a segment in TV insists on pursuing the Reds are ignorant, Thaksin is evil, they must all be killed strategy."

Well, you got two out of three correct, so I guess that's not too bad.

Somehow I missed any TV poster who "insists on...they must all be killed strategy." Who are you referring to? I don't think anyone is advocating that.

"These people are on the streets because they've been cheated! They vote and the party they vote for wins, but can't rule."

Sounds about right to me.

it's a possible outcome of post-election negotiaions in ANY democracy, not only Thailand.

The difference is just that in other countries the opposition party usually doesn't whine about 'unfair' coalitions,

about a 'regime' that is in power now, there are no bombs or blocks of business districts, and convicted

tax-criminals can't influence politics anymore.

I think tonight it's real.. for a change

Shit gonna hit the fan..

Anyone on the ground to confirm this? I personally feel they need to get the troops in place first. And when we passed the rallysite around midnight along Petchaburi there were no police nor military anywhere in sight ....

W

Shit gonna hit the fan..

RATCHAPRASONG, APRIL 19, 2010: We have been advised that the Thai army will deploy the second cavalry division to the Silom Rd and Rama IV intersection today. Information to hand is that the armored units will depart their barracks next to TV5 at 4am and proceed down Rajdamri Rd towards the United front for Democracy (UDD) red-shirts stage on Rachaprasong Rd at dawn.

Shit gonna hit the fan..

RATCHAPRASONG, APRIL 19, 2010: We have been advised that the Thai army will deploy the second cavalry division to the Silom Rd and Rama IV intersection today. Information to hand is that the armored units will depart their barracks next to TV5 at 4am and proceed down Rajdamri Rd towards the United front for Democracy (UDD) red-shirts stage on Rachaprasong Rd at dawn.

That is in 5 minutes from now ... where did you get this from? Anyway deploying themselves says nothing about the crackdown starting. They can deploy themselves for weeks like the previous times without doing anything!

W

Shit gonna hit the fan..

That is in 5 minutes from now ... where did you get this from? Anyway deploying themselves says nothing about the crackdown starting. They can deploy themselves for weeks like the previous times without doing anything!

W

Face Masks were distributed to crowd, last thing i saw live then TV signal blacked out... no media coverage whatsoever, all we can do is wait for some news coming out... morning?

Shit gonna hit the fan..

W

http://redphanfa2day.wordpress.com/2010/04...-ratchaprasong/

Face Masks were distributed to crowd, last thing i saw live then TV signal blacked out... no media coverage whatsoever, all we can do is wait for some news coming out... morning?

There are people on Thaivisa whom have said they were virtually overlooking the crowd. So I expect news from them if the shitstorm hits the fan. I would go and have a look myself if I had still had my camera like I did at last years clearing of the protesters by the army. The way they handled that clearing of demonstrators really got my respect.

But without a camera I do not see a reason to leave my home.

W

W

http://redphanfa2day.wordpress.com/2010/04...-ratchaprasong/

Ah the red shirt propaganda machine .... so maybe nothing will happen after all tonight.

W

They should just capture the leaders and I hope they won't open fire at the civilian reds.

I believe that without these leaders' brainwashing many reds will be heading home as the budget will stop flowing

and automatically, no more food supplies, sound systems, and etc.

But still, isn't the crackdown suppose to be a surprise and timely? How the hel_l everybody knows about it?

They should just capture the leaders and I hope they won't open fire at the civilian reds.

I believe that without these leaders' brainwashing many reds will be heading home as the budget will stop flowing

and automatically, no more food supplies, sound systems, and etc.

But still, isn't the crackdown suppose to be a surprise and timely? How the hel_l everybody knows about it?

<h1 id="profile_name">UDDThailand</h1>Urgent: 2 minutes ago, troops from Lumpini park have already engaged with the red shirt. Tear gas were being used and Lairds are in position. : DB10 minutes ago

You can follow updates on Twitter at #redshirt for what it's worth, which isn't much on a signal to noise basis:

http://twitter.com/search?q=%23redshirt

Still, yeah, looks like some stuff's going down.

EDIT: A great example - "Every1 masked up. Band playing. Leaders grim faced. Many children & elderly in front. McDonalds closed" McDonald's closed, truly something wicked this way comes. The McDonald's was closed to comply with the revised McDonald's Tom Friedman rule that now says, "No two intersections with a currently operating McDonald's will go to war with one another."

Edited by on-on

0453 น. สถานการณ์เปลี่ยนด่วน...!!ตอนนี้ทหารด้านสวนลุมกำลังดันเข้ามาพี่น้องเสื้อแดงแถวนั้นมีกำลังน้อย พี่น้องเสื้อแดงที่อยู่ใกล้โปรด ไปช่วยเสริมกำลังด่วน ,,ตอนนี้ปะทะกันแล้ว มีการขว้างแก๊สน้ำตาใส่แล้ว ,,มีรถดับหู(Laird) จอดที่โรงแรมดุสิต ระวังกันหน่อยครับ.ติดต่อใครได้ โทรตามกันด่วนเลย

Oddly enough, with all the phonecams and linked up image sharing apps in the world, there's never a picture posted along with this stuff. Clearly something's going down, but I'm completely desensitized to the urgent tone because everything's said in the exact same tone and about half of it from everyone on any sides turns out to be complete hogwash. It'd be handy for them to post a picture here or there along with all their Facebook posts and tweets so people could get an idea of what's actually happening.

Interesting comments from this Twitter user below. Could be just as credible as the twitter comments from the Nation guy posted as facts each day on the news section of this website.

http://twitter.com/Andrewspooner

I personally like info from both sides so one can make up their own minds ..... and I like these kind of ground reports ...

Personally what I distill sofar is that the military is seting up shop and maybe makes some minor moves at the moment to create some more space between the demonstrators and Silom.

W

Edited by WAERTH