Etihad Web Check In

kimamey

Does anyone know how long before a flight you can check in online with Etihad. Their website says 24 hours but my gf phoned them in Bangkok about another matter and they said 20 hours so I phoned in the UK and they said the same. Mind you she's coming on 29th April so protests and Icelandic volcanoes might mean this is the least of my problems. :)

Depends if she booked directly through Etihad or through an agent . I had a similar problem where I booked my ticket through ebookers and was given a reference number for online checking in at Etihad website. I also have an Etihad guestcard number which I use to access my itinerary etc. The website did not recognise my booking reference nor was my itinerary for my booked flight displayed on my flights page. As I had only booked two days before I assumed it was just slow in updating my booking.

I went to Heathrow on the day of my flight none the wiser as it still had not registered and still I could not check in online. I was prepared for a 'heated discussion' at the check in counter as I played the "We have no booking under that name sir' scenario through my mind. However it proved to be a pointless exercise as the check in went smoothly.

Etihad do have a policy of overbooking their flights though and I think that if you book through an agent you are not given priority over direct through Etihad bookings for on line check in. Also it is advisable to check in at the airport as soon as the desk opens because I have heard of may travellers being denied borading due to overbooking.

Depends if she booked directly through Etihad or through an agent . I had a similar problem where I booked my ticket through ebookers and was given a reference number for online checking in at Etihad website. I also have an Etihad guestcard number which I use to access my itinerary etc. The website did not recognise my booking reference nor was my itinerary for my booked flight displayed on my flights page. As I had only booked two days before I assumed it was just slow in updating my booking.

I went to Heathrow on the day of my flight none the wiser as it still had not registered and still I could not check in online. I was prepared for a 'heated discussion' at the check in counter as I played the "We have no booking under that name sir' scenario through my mind. However it proved to be a pointless exercise as the check in went smoothly.

Etihad do have a policy of overbooking their flights though and I think that if you book through an agent you are not given priority over direct through Etihad bookings for on line check in. Also it is advisable to check in at the airport as soon as the desk opens because I have heard of may travellers being denied borading due to overbooking.

Not the simple answer I was hoping for but then nothing about this is simple right now what with the protests and volcano but you may well have a point. I booked through Expedia. I am an Etihad guest but my gf isn't but I was thinking it may be a good idea if she joins. If we get married we can pool our points I think.

Thanks for all the info.

as an aside comment -- always join the loyalty scheme, even if u don't plan to fly regularly with the airline. On my Etihad flight from Dublin to BKK, I was upgraded to Business cos the flight was over boked and cos i had their loyalty card