Htc Legend Or Desire

agord

• 2 weeks later...

if you can afford it go with the Desire. It's more on par with the Nexus One with a little more RAM and HTC Sence.

The Legend, while still a great phone, is half the CPU speed and half the RAM. Don't know if it will be as capable in applying future OS updates.

The Desire was very recently voted the best smartphone in the world... period ... by a big UK tech website/magazine. The iPhone dropped to #2 (for now).

The Nexus One dropped off their top 15 entirely.

The desire IS the nexus one with HTC's essence UI and more memory.

Very good if you can find it.

sunbelt.jpg

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

• 4 weeks later...
Just fell over this youtube video about the upcoming HTC EVO .... I know 4G probably won't happen in Thailand in our lifetime but I still want one :)

More juicy details at http://www.androidcentral.com/full-hands-sprint-evo-4g

Only problem with the EVO is it does not have GSM only CDMA. An EVO 4G with GSM and WCDMA would be killer ..

3G spectrum licensing is expected to be finalised later this year that then means once the licensing is sorted out all the carriers need to do is simply turn it on for the most part. The delay has been due to the old Telecommunications regulatory board being disbanded and replaced by CAT as the spectrum regulatory body. 4G is due to be not too long after as I believe the same spectrum will be used.

Now there is a new "monster" phone with Android on the way, launching in Asia in June, Samsung i9000 Galaxy S.

From the review at GSMArena:

Not only does the Galaxy have a performance edge over its competitors, it's probably better too in terms of usability thanks to TouchWiz. And the majestic Super AMOLED display is a great reason on its own to buy the Galaxy. Be warned though, you're unlikely to ever go back to TFT again. Meaning that at this point, the question to ask yourself is whether you're ready for a long-term affair with Samsung.

If you are looking for the ultimate Android device, there are very few things really to make you consider another handset.

Read more>>>

The HTC Desire is available now on the Tohome online shop www.tohome.com and is 21,900.

Tukcom Pattaya say "soon"

Thanks for that update, I use Tohome often for items like this. I've never seen them advertise HTC before so will be taking a look.

//edit - Now I see why I haven't seen HTC before, they put it under PDAs and not mobile phones. :)

Keep in mind if you want Thai fonts, it involves 'rooting' your phone (lol - i love that phrase!)

This will mean you lose HTC Sense and lose the OTA updates etc, also means you invalidate your warranty etc...

Personally, i am waiting for HTC's release of Android 2.2 which natively supports Thai Font (i am informed)

I just bought the new HTC Desire from an official dealer and it has Thai fonts included. Cost: 21,900 THB. Oops!

Great phone. However, I noticed that one useful program is missing, a Notepad or similar. I found several applications, some even free. Does anyone have experience which is a good Notepad for Android?

There's a lot of notepad's, I haven't found one that is *perfect* but you can try:

* Evernote (voice, photo, text notes, upload file, syncs with cloud server).

* 3banana (photos, text, barcodes, syncs with cloud server).

* Note everything (text, drawings, voice, barcode, Google docs).

:)

I just bought the new HTC Desire from an official dealer and it has Thai fonts included. Cost: 21,900 THB. Oops!

I thought HTC Thailand wasnt officially selling it yet ??

The legend yes, the desire still waiting..

Yup it seems like its out now, saw one today at Fortune with Thai Fonts. Hopefully 2.2 will fix it.

If you root your phone you will lose updates but you can install an HTC Sense Rom, but better off waiting for 2.2

Edited by quiksilva

But just cos they are at fortune how do you know they are not grey market.. Just adding Thai fonts doesnt mean its legit.

The HTC Thailand website (which is updated usually) lists the legend but no desire pricing yet.. The online HTC shop has the legend and even thier spec pages has a buy now for the legend and nothing for the desire specs.

http://www.htcthailand.com/

Edited by LivinLOS

Just want to let all of you know when I was on vacation in Hua Hin at the

Jay Mart @ Market Village Shopping Mall 3rd floor they had HTC Legend & HTC Desire for sale

HTC Desire 21,900 although they did not advertise the desire I did ask if they had it which they did and I bought the last one they had

HTC Legend did not ask the price but they had a lot of HTC Legends left