Problems Buying Toyota Vios

xm911e3

Hi,

I have financed 3 car purchases while living in Thailand and no problem with registration in my name. For 2 of the purchases I used Kiatnakin Bank for financing and Honda leasing for the other. I do have a WP though, so since you dont have one, they would probably insist on a Thai guarantor, but money is money and besides, it is not up to the dealer to tell you whether or not you can have the car in your name - the motor licensing department handles that and they do it all the time.

I love how some people confidently give you advice based on what they THINK is the truth of the matter - have seen it all too often here and always smile to myself when I can show them to be incorrect.

Good luck with your car :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for missing in action. Kinda busy with my work here. Ok my girlfriend and I visited about 3 showrooms around Chiang Mai area. Here are the infomation that I got back from them.

- I'm able to buy the car under my name (no problem)

- I'll need a deposit of 25% upon delivery of the car

- My Thai girlfriend will be my guarantor

- Her blue house book or something like that

*** By any chance, if available, we don't mind buying an old car and carry on the monthly installments if the car is working fine. PM me the info. Thanks