Chiang Mai Rentals

Yenrac

Well, I rather like Emporium Residence in Santhitam Road (university area near Chiang Mai Ram hospital)

Single room, balcony with sink, air con, cable tv, wi-fi, nice double bed, big fridge, good en-suite.

That costs 5,500bht a month plus 1 month security, plus utils (another 700bht a month)

Plenty of other places like that.

How about

Royal Lanna Hotel, a bit posh but nice swimming pool, 7,000bht a month plus utils.

How about

Royal Lanna Hotel, a bit posh but nice swimming pool, 7,000bht a month plus utils.

Royal Lanna Hotel, posh?

I can only assume this is an acronym, probably starting with the words 'Pile Of'

How about

Royal Lanna Hotel, posh?

I can only assume this is an acronym, probably starting with the words 'Pile Of'

My exact same thoughts.

How about

Royal Lanna Hotel, posh?

My exact same thoughts.

Do you have any suggestions/reviews of good apartments to stay?

It all depends on the area of town you want to live in, the square footage of the unit, the amenities the building has to offer, and how well furnished the unit is. For starters, you should walk into some of the buildings that you are interested in, look at the bulletin boards in each lobby, and then ask the management company if there are any units for rent. When renting make sure to ask if the common area fees (management fees per unit) are included in the base price of the unit or not, whether or not electric is charged at the government rent, or if there is a surcharge, the price of television, internet, etc. There are lots of apartments for rent, and the asking price is not necessarily the final price.

How about

Royal Lanna Hotel, posh?

My exact same thoughts.

Do you have any suggestions/reviews of good apartments to stay?

I do. Single room, very clean and new--about 14 months old, 500 baht a day or 6,000 baht a month. Fantastic owners. I lived there for 10 months. Security at the entrance plus CCTV. When I had a motorcycle accident the woman drove me to the hospital, waited 2 plus hours while I was being looked at, paid for my meds until I could repay her (next day), then showed me how to get reimbursed from the insurance company. When I was ready to move to a house she put me in touch with someone she knew.

Very close to the moat area. They also have 1 bedroom units for 10,000 baht per month. I do not believe they rent these for a daily rate. In fact while I was there none of these became available for rent. Feel free to contact me for more info. The website is: http://www.baansrimongkol.com/ or you can phone Tim at 089 433 4800. Tim is the Landlady and speaks good English. I hope this helps you.

10k will get you a 4 bed furnished house in the burbs or a 2 bed townhouse in the centre.

thanks for the reply sarah, I was looking more towards 1 bed apartments could i get a decend one for that price?

1 bedroom apartments are quite rare. There are plenty of studios that range from 2,000 bhat for something very basic (rough) to around 5,000 baht for quite acceptable and up to 12,000 for the top end of the market. I suggest you keep an eye on the ads in TV, City lLfe and other printed classifieds. And arrange inspections,

Cheers,