Not Impatient, Just Missing My Wife

I wonder if anybody can help me out? I’ve only just joined this site and it seems great, everybody seems so helpful and happy to share experiences. I married my (Thai) wife about a month ago in Bangkok then we went to her home town of Chaiyaphum and did the full Buddhist ceremony, a great experience but uncomfortable (Farang can’t sit in that position for an hour without falling flat on one’s face when attempting to stand up again!!) Anyway, we’re now seeking a Visa for her to come to England (as my wife of course) although we only intend to spend 50% of our time here and the other 50% in Thailand. I returned to England 2 weeks ago (unfortunately I have to make money!) but we submitted the forms before I came back. It’s now been 3 weeks since we submitted the application and she hasn’t even had a phone call yet to give her an interview date. It’s killing us being apart for so long but if I can’t provide an income then she wouldn’t be granted a visa either, so I have to be here. I know these things take time and I’m not being impatient, I’m just missing my wife. Does anyone know how long this process takes and is there anything I can do here in England to speed the process up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards

:o

Hi Mr BJ :o

You really should have heard from the embassy by now. The longest they take to issue an interview date is about 2 weeks. Get your missus to give them a bell as it's always possible that a letter has gone astray in the post. Other than that, there's little you can do other than to be patient.

Best of luck,

Scouse.

Hi Mr BJ :o

You really should have heard from the embassy by now. The longest they take to issue an interview date is about 2 weeks. Get your missus to give them a bell as it's always possible that a letter has gone astray in the post. Other than that, there's little you can do other than to be patient.

Best of luck,

Scouse.

Thanks Scouse, i'll get her to call.

Well done to your team last week by the way, did the Brits proud (and PI##ED off the Man Utd fans) I'm a Man City fan so anything to make them cry in their beer is OK by me and if they let you defend it then we get into Europe through the back door. Any door is good for me!!