Top Army, Navy Units Readied For Red-Shirts Dispersal

webfact

Like you my family are Thai it's not a monopoly you have you know.

Can you, will you answer the question as to what or who should replace Abhisit ?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you, will you answer the question as to what or who should replace Abhisit ?

How about someone born in Thailand, educated in Thailand and oriented toward working class Thai people, like my father in law.

4223rhodes

Abhisit is detritus that must be swept away immediately.

And pray what or who do you intend should replace Abhisit ?

A regime dedicated to a Sino Thai kleptomaniac and his band of thieving thugs, the Burmese Generals, the Great leader from North Korea, resurrect Pol Pot, Ho Chi Min Mao Tse Tung Joe Stalin the list is endless.

If you feel so strongly that the system is flawed why are you still here ?

Because my family is Thai and the Thai people are lovely and deserve better than Abhisit and those in uniform who back him.

Patience. The dems aren't spooked by an election, they just don't want to be bullied by a withering mob waving bamboo sticks. Abhisit is a good man. The only reason he's being painted as the #1 bad guy is because the Reds need a bad guy. If Pee Wee Herman were the Thai PM, then the Reds would have to make him the #1 bad guy. Barking up the wrong tree.

Message to Reds: A bit of patience will bring an election. In the meantime, you can learn what a political campaign is (hint: open debates among candidates about issues, without fear of defamation suits) and study up on what constitutes a fair election (hint: voting booths should be 100% private).

Could even try community meetings with suggestions from the little people - (naw, not possible. The Red minions aren't about open discussions, everything they do stems from being shouted at by their controllers using ultra loud PA systems).

Message to authorities: Get a lot of fire trucks on the scene cause when the crap really hits the fan, there will be a lot of rubber burning. In the meantime, reinforce those fire truck cabs, because Reds will probably try to destroy them also, as they'll see them as tools of the enemy.

Edited by brahmburgers

What about one of my parents who is a Thai ? Educated in Thailand as well. The cliche ''working class''indeed is a throwback to the last century.

I take it you do actually work for a living as I do ?

That makes us both ''working class '' in fact the greater majority of this nation are ''working class'' unless of course you are a parasite who sponges off of your parents or your partner.

Take note from a previous post #632. Your duplicity has been discovered.

Given the highly inflammatory nature of some posts and posters in the News forum, we are instituting a zero tolerance policy with regards to posting inflammatory comments, comments advocating violence, trollish comments, and flames. You will receive an automatic posting rights suspension for this behavior in the News forum. Bear that in mind when posting

Abhsit won't go yet - he has promised hard-liner Payuth the top army job after Anupong retires on September 30th. Having a hawk in charge of the army will consolidate Abhisit's power base some more, not that he is a dictator in the making, of course. Naturally, this transition may not go according to plan if the house is dissolved beforehand.

As far as the smug coward Abhisit is concerned, he would rather let people die on the streets than upset his cozy relationship with the army. Smells like corruption, but the yellows fall for the propaganda.

As far as the smug coward Abhisit is concerned, he would rather let people die on the streets than upset his cozy relationship with the army.

Not only are you name-calling like an angry 5 yr old schoolkid, but you've got your wires crossed. Abhisit's greatest fault thus far is he's been too decent. The self-restraint of him and his generals is epic. Any other large city in the world, and crazed protesters such as the Reds would be squashed and swept away when they first showed their true colors - from when they splashed tainted human blood mixed with pig's blood on government buildings.

How about someone born in Thailand, educated in Thailand and oriented toward working class Thai people, like my father in law.

Surely he is too busy with the family buffalo and keeping an eye on the rice field ?

Surely he is too busy with the family buffalo and keeping an eye on the rice field ?

LOL thanks for the laugh, but I guess that Rhodes is serious about this.

Cheers, Rick

The top army units are in position, tonight may be the last chance for them to act. After the grenade attacks tonight the anti red mob will be out for blood tomorrow. Anupong should do his duty and disperse the reds tonight or there is no telling what the weekend may hold.

Completely agree Chad, by doing nothing the military are contributing to the deaths of ordinary Thai citizens. I honestly think that this is a ploy by the Military to let the multi coloured shirts. ( God it hard to know what to wear nowadays ) sort this out. This way they don't hold any of the responsibility for what happens. they are just by standers who don't want to see Thai killing Thai, but are not prepared to stop Thai killing Thai.

Cheers, Rick

Abhsit won't go yet - he has promised hard-liner Payuth the top army job after Anupong retires on September 30th. Having a hawk in charge of the army will consolidate Abhisit's power base some more, not that he is a dictator in the making, of course. Naturally, this transition may not go according to plan if the house is dissolved beforehand.

As far as the smug coward Abhisit is concerned, he would rather let people die on the streets than upset his cozy relationship with the army. Smells like corruption, but the yellows fall for the propaganda.

Thaksin apologist worried that Thaksin cannot put in his family/cronies into the army leadership and lock down the state.

The reason for the red violence organised by Thaksin in the first place.

Nothing like the cozy smell of Thaksin's cash.

But the numbers are going down Droog.

What stunt next the reds can blame others for?

You have presented to include underlining your relevant parts for yourself and for your own puposes, whatever they may be.

I thought my "purposes were very clear: to show, beond any possible doubt, that whatever you post as fact (rather than opinion, which I have no problem with), actually has no basis in fact at all - or at least that has beenthe case in the short time since I joined the forum.

In this case it was the "94" platoons of 261 SOU you spoke about, whereas in fact (and even in your own link) there are no more than 5, and that rather than the "dozens" of terrorists you referred to there were no more than 10.

In other cases it was your ideas on rubber bullets and the laser guided sniper round.

Although, for example, you have repeatedly named a number of infantry units you claim to be "specially loyal", etc., you have never answered the simple question of when and where they heve been used - possibly because the answer is only once (less, actually, than the infantry units currently deployed), and that was only when there was no possibility of any conflict.

To answer your question, the number of troops in any division varies widely, but it would typically inclde 3 infanty brigades, each including 3 infantry battalions, each including 3 rifle companies, each including three rifle platoons, each of around 32 infantry soldiers.

...making a post that is better, incisive, more relevant and clearly more material than yours above is what this is all about, isn't it.

Apparently not. What your posts appear to be about is bullshit baffling brains, and the assumption that most people posting here have little of the latter and fall for the former. I prefer to think that at least some people here take the time to verify something that claims to be fact, regardless of whether they agree with the opinion; maybe I am being naive.

Enuff.

:D

Arable

:)

Time they went back to picking rice which there is nothing wrong with and leaving politics to those with the education and ability to practice.... Looking like a major victory for democracy.

I must have got it wrong (again). I thought "democracy" was about everybody having an equal voice, not just those with "the education". Silly me.

yes you are exactly correct an equal voice.....that though does not equate to the ability to hold an office or lead that should be left to qualified people

So what exactly do you mean by "qualified"? ... and where would such a qualification be earnt/awarded/bought? ... and how would such a qualification give everyone holding it "the ability to hold an office or lead"?

Winston Churchill, who has been previously mentioned here, was not without his faults but he was still undeniably one of the greatest (if not the greatest) Prime Ministers and leaders Britain has ever had, who is widely recognised as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century internationally, and who also won the Nobel Prize for Literature, but his paper qualifications and his scholastic acievements were minimal - presumably you would have excluded him?

no, he has no monopoly on it.

i asked same question since about a year. i never got any reply. same same as for policies by abhisit government vs non-existent policy-proposals by "red shirt" "leaders".

Thailand is a land of simple people (definition: not hugely educated, no real understanding of democracy, wont to believe those of higher status), easily manipulated as a mass and what they need is a government who understands democracy, who can truly educate the nation's children and who can create a land that fits the peaceful buddhist images that are associated with this land. For the first time Thailand has a prime minister who understands these issues....

(I posted this on another thread, but it is worth repeating)

Why? It was condecending and uninformed there, so why should it be any better here?

One of Abhisit's problems is that he has spent so much of his life outside Thailand that he does not "understand these issues", and even if he did he would not be "the first".

i don't care if anybody is a "first" at anything. development does not care for anybody being "first" - human vanity does.

i'd propose you have a look at abhisit gov policy implementations - maybe it'd change your attitude, maybe not.

my family is Thai and the Thai people are lovely and deserve better than Abhisit and those in uniform who back him.

blah, blah.

Don't know why I'm even wasting my time with you as one seems to be a little bit mixed up, but... agree that Abhisit shouldn't be PM. Thailand is currently not ready for a bloke of his calibre leading you guys; a decent chap who is clearly streets ahead of the norm. By the way, Mark is Thai 100%, of the Thai/Chinese variety.

On the other two comments; would it really be wise to have someone of this standing, perhaps oriented to the reds, holding the reigns?... are you and your 'loverly' people ready to become the next Myanmar? If so, keep it up.

i'd propose you have a look at abhisit gov policy implementations - maybe it'd change your attitude, maybe not.

It wouldn't, because I am not anti-Abhisit as I have explained elsewhere:

The problem for Abhisit is that whatever he does he, like Thaksin, is only ever going to be part of the problem rather than the solution.

Abhisit is very probably a "good man" who at virtually any other time would probably have made a good prime minister, but he is simply not up to the demands of the present crisis - he is a Chuan rather than an Anand. Although he is probably not corrupt himself his government is made up of those who undoubtedly are, and he doesn't have the leadership, the respect or the authority to do anything about it and to move forward.

While he looks the part, particularly internationally, he is out of his depth and he will never be able to be anything more than a figurehead who is being manipulated by others for their personal agenda rather than for the good of the country.

Thaksin is very probably not a "good man", but he is still the one whose populist policies undeniably released the genie of "people power" in Thailand - whether you support the government or the opposition, most of their policies were originally his and they are virtually identical, as they have to be to win any quantity of votes. Thaksin's shadow, consequently, dominates Thai politics as no other has since Prem and as long as it does there can be no solution acceptable to all (or even most).

While there are undoubtedly those around who are far more unpleasant than he is, the best solution would be for Thaksin to be assassinated, preferably by "person or persons unknown" - he would become a martyr and his policies of health care, education reform and support for the farmers, the poor and the underprivileged would become government priorities, whatever party was in power, while his corruption and the telling question of "his" billions could be neatly side-stepped out of respect for the dead.

I see nothing particularly wrong with Abhisit, but it is impossible to separate him from the remainder of his government, as some have tried to do: he chose them, he is responsible for their holding office, and he could dismiss them if he wanted to. He hasn't, so all their actions are his responsibility - that's part of being PM.

Unfortunately I see no "Anand" figure in current Thai politics, so as I ended the post above ... in that case I think we are well and truly up Shit Creek, with the crew fighting over who has the paddle in a sinking boat.

Edited by JohnLeech

It wouldn't, because I am not anti-Abhisit as I have explained elsewhere:

The problem for Abhisit is that whatever he does he, like Thaksin, is only ever going to be part of the problem rather than the solution.

Abhisit is very probably a "good man" who at virtually any other time would probably have made a good prime minister, but he is simply not up to the demands of the present crisis - he is a Chuan rather than an Anand. Although he is probably not corrupt himself his government is made up of those who undoubtedly are, and he doesn't have the leadership, the respect or the authority to do anything about it and to move forward.

While he looks the part, particularly internationally, he is out of his depth and he will never be able to be anything more than a figurehead who is being manipulated by others for their personal agenda rather than for the good of the country.

Thaksin is very probably not a "good man", but he is still the one whose populist policies undeniably released the genie of "people power" in Thailand - whether you support the government or the opposition, most of their policies were originally his and they are virtually identical, as they have to be to win any quantity of votes. Thaksin's shadow, consequently, dominates Thai politics as no other has since Prem and as long as it does there can be no solution acceptable to all (or even most).

While there are undoubtedly those around who are far more unpleasant than he is, the best solution would be for Thaksin to be assassinated, preferably by "person or persons unknown" - he would become a martyr and his policies of health care, education reform and support for the farmers, the poor and the underprivileged would become government priorities, whatever party was in power, while his corruption and the telling question of "his" billions could be neatly side-stepped out of respect for the dead.

I see nothing particularly wrong with Abhisit, but it is impossible to separate him from the remainder of his government, as some have tried to do: he chose them, he is responsible for their holding office, and he could dismiss them if he wanted to. He hasn't, so all their actions are his responsibility - that's part of being PM.

Unfortunately I see no "Anand" figure in current Thai politics, so as I ended the post above ... in that case I think we are well and truly up Shit Creek, with the crew fighting over who has the paddle in a sinking boat.

thanks for your time to respond, John Leech.

i do like Abhist & Korn, let me call it "thailand 21stcentury, generation 1" - but you're right, very right (imho), to point at critical issues. systemic issues.

again, thanks for your time to share na.

Time they went back to picking rice which there is nothing wrong with and leaving politics to those with the education and ability to practice.... Looking like a major victory for democracy.

I must have got it wrong (again). I thought "democracy" was about everybody having an equal voice, not just those with "the education". Silly me.

yes you are exactly correct an equal voice.....that though does not equate to the ability to hold an office or lead that should be left to qualified people

So what exactly do you mean by "qualified"? ... and where would such a qualification be earnt/awarded/bought? ... and how would such a qualification give everyone holding it "the ability to hold an office or lead"?

Winston Churchill, who has been previously mentioned here, was not without his faults but he was still undeniably one of the greatest (if not the greatest) Prime Ministers and leaders Britain has ever had, who is widely recognised as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century internationally, and who also won the Nobel Prize for Literature, but his paper qualifications and his scholastic acievements were minimal - presumably you , would have excluded him?

Churhcill, you brits always harp on about him. let me point out a few things about Churchill - he was a good war leader because of his oratory skills, strong personality, but in peace time he was a disaster. he was an elitist and right-winger who thought Ghandhi's peace protests were an intolerable embarrassment to 'the Empire'. He reportedly wished Gandhi dead while on hunger strike.

Funnily enough, if the Reds were really 'peace-loving democracts' they would be emulating Gandhi not Churchill. Instead they are all firebrand rhetoric, Churchill, jatuporn, none of them were/are interested in peace.

my family is Thai and the Thai people are lovely and deserve better than Abhisit and those in uniform who back him.

blah, blah.

Don't know why I'm even wasting my time with you as one seems to be a little bit mixed up, but... agree that Abhisit shouldn't be PM. Thailand is currently not ready for a bloke of his calibre leading you guys; a decent chap who is clearly streets ahead of the norm. By the way, Mark is Thai 100%, of the Thai/Chinese variety.

On the other two comments; would it really be wise to have someone of this standing, perhaps oriented to the reds, holding the reigns?... are you and your 'loverly' people ready to become the next Myanmar? If so, keep it up.

If a country votes on leaders based on being simply identified with the common man,

then they get leaders like George Bush.

Y'all remember how well that good ole boy did in the top chair????

Or the oh so effective Samak the outspoken tough guy.

Please cher Rhodes list for me the public works, treaties and effective legislation

that Kuhn Samak presided over during his 8 months a PM.

A country MUST elect leaders who can work with other government leaders,

work cross border and cross culturally for the betterment of ALL citizens.

Deal with captains of industry to bring their jobs to Thailand, international banking,

communications, transport, maratime... this list of knowledge to be assimilated and decided on is staggering

Because bottom line.

Your father in law may be a lovely hard working man,

but do you REALLY think he could run a country?

Any of his circle of friends?

If a country votes on leaders based on being simply identified with the common man,

then they get leaders like George Bush.

Y'all remember how well that good ole boy did in the top chair????

Or the oh so effective Samak the outspoken tough guy.

Please cher Rhodes list for me the public works, treaties and effective legislation

that Kuhn Samak presided over during his 8 months a PM.

A country MUST elect leaders who can work with other government leaders,

work cross border and cross culturally for the betterment of ALL citizens.

Deal with captains of industry to bring their jobs to Thailand, international banking,

communications, transport, maratime... this list of knowledge to be assimilated and decided on is staggering

Because bottom line.

Your father in law may be a lovely hard working man,

but do you REALLY think he could run a country?

Any of his circle of friends?

A country that wants to resemble democracy in any form MUST be allowed to vote in whomever they wish. They need to be allowed to make their own mistakes. The USA didn't form a military or judicial coup to get rid of Bush, we had to wait it out (8 years).

If Bush had been breaking laws he would have been removed and held accountable through the courts and constitution. Which in the US does not get rewritten anytime a new power decides it needs to.

You represent your position well and I know many million in the country feel your way. But the viewpoint of we know better then the guy on the bottom of the ladder is anti-democratic and has much to do with where Thais find themselves tonight.

Edited by kenai

Thaksin apologist worried that Thaksin cannot put in his family/cronies into the army leadership and lock down the state.

The reason for the red violence organised by Thaksin in the first place.

Nothing like the cozy smell of Thaksin's cash.

But the numbers are going down Droog.

What stunt next the reds can blame others for?

Thaksin, Thaksin... lalala any other song?

Winston Churchill, who has been previously mentioned here, was not without his faults but he was still undeniably one of the greatest (if not the greatest) Prime Ministers and leaders Britain has ever had, who is widely recognised as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century internationally, and who also won the Nobel Prize for Literature, but his paper qualifications and his scholastic acievements were minimal - presumably you , would have excluded him?

Churhcill, you brits always harp on about him. let me point out a few things about Churchill - he was a good war leader because of his oratory skills, strong personality, but in peace time he was a disaster. he was an elitist and right-winger who thought Ghandhi's peace protests were an intolerable embarrassment to 'the Empire'. He reportedly wished Gandhi dead while on hunger strike.

Funnily enough, if the Reds were really 'peace-loving democracts' they would be emulating Gandhi not Churchill. Instead they are all firebrand rhetoric, Churchill, jatuporn, none of them were/are interested in peace.

Churchill was indeed the greatest of war leaders - and you are right crap in peacetime - he just didn't know when to go. Leadership is like that - different 'types' for differing situations - there is no 'one-size-fits-all'. Abhisit shows some managerial skills but no leadership skills - IMO.

Thaksin, Thaksin... lalala any other song?

'Abhisit-bad, Abhisit-bad ... Red-Shirts are democrats !' seems also quite popular, with certain posters ? :D

But (un)seriously, don't we have anyone on TV, who can make up a new limerick, to cover the whole lot of them ?! :)

The fact that they have to resort to 'top troops' from three branches of the military suggests that they cannot depend on the rank and file soldiers in the rest of the military-

off course not.

Conscripts from Red villages,cannot be trusted.Special op"s require special forces,SEAL, SAS,SWAT,etc.

Never heard from shot on the spot if not obeying orders from CO.s in comabat.

The fact that they have to resort to 'top troops' from three branches of the military suggests that they cannot depend on the rank and file soldiers in the rest of the military-

off course not.

Conscripts from Red villages,cannot be trusted.Special op"s require special forces,SEAL, SAS,SWAT,etc.

The problem with the elite squads is same as with all elites. They are a minority and can be easily overcome by the other 95% of the army if required.

Also, this elite will contain watermellons as they pick their squad from the best of the available forces. Back to square one, these are mostly northern Conscripts and will be heavily represented in the SEAL SWAT teams etc.

Churchill was indeed the greatest of war leaders - and you (dobadoy) are right crap in peacetime - he just didn't know when to go. Leadership is like that - different 'types' for differing situations - there is no 'one-size-fits-all'. Abhisit shows some managerial skills but no leadership skills - IMO.

Agreed 100%, CMF. The only reason I used Churchill as an example was that his name had come up here recently (when rather than "harp on about him" I pointed out his responsibility for Gallipoli as First Lord of the Admiralty).

Had I used Gandhi, whom dobadoy mentioned, I could have cited his poor academic record and that, despite qualifying as a barrister (just) at University College, London, his law practice in Mumbai failed, as did his attempt at teaching, and his subseqent law practice in Rajkot.

A better example, and one without any British education, would be Lech Walesa who successfully led the Poles to democracy despite never even attending high school.

As for Abhisit, I have nothing against him, as I have previously said, and under other circumstances he would probably have made an adequate but unmemorable PM, but he can barely lead and certainly cannot control his own shaky coalition, let alone a divided country.

I don't think there have been any reports of the rank and file disobeying orders so far - and somehow I can't quite see Abhisit summarily executing General Anupong!