Another 90 Day Reporting Question

I know that you can report up to 7 days before or 7 days after the date stamped on the form in the passport but what about the situation if you fly out of the country within 7 days after the reporting date. Is that acceptable to Immigration and therefore no need to report at Chaeng Wattana?

Do not believe there is any firm rule on that and suspect you would be taking your chances with a fine if you fail to report. You do not have the extra 7 days if you report by mail so expect they could use that to get you and say the 7 days is only valid if you actually make your report during those extra 7 days.

Hi,

It has happened to me several times and never a problem (in fact I have never seen them check my 90 day reporting at airport departures).

When your passport is checked at immigration Cheang Wattana, they also normally check only your previous 90 day report or most recent exit/entry stamp. They dont check your history of reporting. So, after you return, you will get an entry stamp and then the reporting clock starts again. At your subsequent 90 day report, they will see that you have left the country and returned so as long as that report is within the correct 90 days, no problem.

Cheers