Acronyms

bdenner

Please excuse my ignorance but I’ve seen the acronyms LOS and IMO used all over this forum and I have not been able to decode them. :o

Can one of the moderators post a list of commonly used acronyms for us non U.S. citizens who don’t normally use them.

Thanks

Please excuse my ignorance but I’ve seen the acronyms LOS and IMO used all over this forum and I have not been able to decode them.  :o

Can one of the moderators post a list of commonly used acronyms for us non U.S. citizens who don’t normally use them.

Thanks

LOS = Thailand "Land of Smiles"

IMO = In My Opinion

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

OMG = Oh My God

TGF = Thai Girl Friend

<deleted> = What the F***

totster :D ( a non US user )

Quote jayenram

When I was loaned my 'red plates' I was also 'issued' with a log book in which I had to record any trips taken outside the province. TiT

TiT "This is Thailand"

Am I getting it, any browney points? :o

Quote jayenram
When I was loaned my 'red plates' I was also 'issued' with a log book in which I had to record any trips taken outside the province. TiT

TiT "This is Thailand"

Am I getting it, any browney points? :D

Spot on! I believe that Trink penned it originally.

You may also spot that I use FG for my Thai girlfriend. This originated in the O.F.C.S. and refers to her morning job of guarding the fridge thereby not allowing access to the beer therein before *chang* time (12 noon) - "Fridge Guard"

:o

and...

TLA = Three Level Abbreviation

Actualy it's Three Level Acronym.

The old IBM mainframe hardware manuals used to use AMD for Air Movement Device (maybe they still do). F#cked if I know why they couldn't just use "fan"....

and...

TLA = Three Level Abbreviation

Actualy it's Three Level Acronym.

The old IBM mainframe hardware manuals used to use AMD for Air Movement Device (maybe they still do). F#cked if I know why they couldn't just use "fan"....

TLA: Three Letter Acronym :o

Here: http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?...m=TLA&Find=Find

Edited by RDN

DV = God Willing.  I think it's from the Latin Dio Volente (not sure of the spelling)

never seen that one before....

totster :o

Nor me. I would have read it as 'Divvy' ie. someone as thick as the ace of spades like me. :D