Transferring Money Out Of Thailand

I will be transferring some monies out of Thailand - proceeds of house sale (or at least part of it). I have all the documentation of the foreign money coming in when I purchased the house and I know that the bank doing the transfer needs to see these. I understand that permission must be given from the Bank of Thailand. Has anyone done this? How long did it take to get approval from BOT? Hours, Days, Weeks?

If the money you used to buy the house with in the first place was brought in from outside of Thailand and, when you sold your house you paid tax on the sale, you can use the blue tax receipt you got from the Land Office to export the funds overseas - that's all the banks need to see and they act as agents for BOT in this respect.

Thanks for that. Has there been a change in the rules? I was told to keep all the paperwork with the monies shown to be coming in from abroad, which I have done. Sounds like you no longer need that?

It's all a part of a long process, you can't buy in the first place unless you can prove that the money you are using was brought into the country from outside of Thailand, that's where the bank paperwork comes into play. But once you've proved that fact there's no need (as far as I can see) to prove it yet again when funds are exported, there is however a need to prove that you have paid tax on the sale and that's where the blue receipt comes in. Having said all of that, it only makes sense to hang on to that paperwork just in case someone somewhere asks for it or perhaps doesn't understand the process.

I wonder when Thailand and the BOT stops with these rules , restricting with

these practises only shows how scared Thailand is and along way they still have to go .

Not sure if they still need it though and why they stick to it is beyond my comprehension .