The Ashes

My money is on 3/1 or 3/0 win to the Aussies . The main reason ....PRESSURE When the chips are down the likes of Ponting, Langer, Martyn, Warne, Mcgrath , gilchrist...,could nearly name the whole team, have turned in match winning performances. Not to mention half the team  playing test cricket for ten years... or longer

Compare this to England , a few series against suspect sides . When the Aussies really turn on the pressure the poms will choke

I'm still not 100% convinced. India did you and you all had the same theories before that series. I still say it's going to be close. I'm not saying we'll win. Only a complete idiot would make a prediction like that, but I think we'll push you. Your oldies are all brilliant cricketers, but even they are due to run out of steam soon. Lets just say we are now waiting for you to slip up. I heard mention in a past post ' The Poms thrashed Bangladash and now think they can take on the world' I'm sorry, but trying to put us down like that is the words from a worried man. Worried that even though Bangladash are a second rate team, we might still have something under our hats. After all I think it was the same poster who, after Australias victory in the first of the tour matches,against a select team far lower on the cricket rungs than B/Dash,said ' That's got you worried'

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cracked his maiden first class 100 recently.????

Crack being the right word

Lamprad....if all ur team but their cricket talent together and it was made into a meat pie.....it wouldnt feed a starving budgie.....

I'm sorry Supermouth I'm not getting drawn into an argument that I can't win. I am not a good enough prophet to know exactly what is going to happen. I admit we are the underdogs facing the best cricket team in the world. In the unlikely event that we do beat you,your not going to take it lying down anyway. You'll still claim to be the best team whatever the score. To the world we wopped you fair and square in the rugby world cup, but listen to the excuses that poured out.'You only won because of Johnny Wilkinson' Just remember you are only good at sport cause one of your forefathers knicked a loaf of bread. No, until you lot are like the country that mothered you and take defeat with the same graciousness as victory you will always be the underdogs of sportsmanship. But anyway, to listen to you, is like listening to a bad record that is stuck. You took the mickey out of a Liverpool side which you said was Russian owned ( wrong team old chap) then in the very next post praised the talents of your boxer Tszyu, not Russian owned, but Russian born & bred. Something about you doesn't ring true. I think you are a sporting troll.

Lamp..."Supermouth"...ur soooo clever.....

Lamp'ie.....

U should read the post a little better (or try understanding the English language)...I never said Liverpool was owned by Russians.....But Im well aware that Chel-ski is, and maybe soon many more of ur teams will be in foreign hands....

U call a troll...hmmmmm...up 2 u......

Troll is a word that could be used for 90% of the posts that U" have posted....

oh yeh, check out the prediction on the Aussie team on Zu v Hatton thread,

I answered ur post.....

Hey.....................at last you've said something I completely agree with. Maybe we can still be friends.

After the Ashes are won, the rollercoster ride is starting...... :o

Wait by the phone Lampie...England may need u !!! :D

Edited by Siam_superfly

Hey.....................at last you've said something I completely agree with. Maybe we can still be friends.

I'm afraid I cannot say anything. If I could, I would be a very,very rich man. If all goes to form then I guess you will win. But things aren't like that in real life. With all the statements you've made, we have absolutely nothing to lose. If you win, well we all expected it didn't we. If we pull it off you might as well resign from Thai Visa, the stick you're going to get. The really funny thing is, I completely ignored the boxing thread, cause I know nothing about it. Later when I saw who had posted the original thread was the same person who was going on about the Ashes series. I just knew in my mind what was going to be written, before I looked, and I was not disappointed. But, remember one thing, if your cricket prediction is as good as your boxing prediction, then we're as good as home. And I do realise that the whole world expected your Russian to win; but the whole world expects Australia to win the Ashes. Me as well. I havn't disputed that. I just reckon it will be closer than you think.

Lamp-post

My money is on 3/1 or 3/0 win to the Aussies . The main reason ....PRESSURE When the chips are down the likes of Ponting, Langer, Martyn, Warne, Mcgrath , gilchrist...,could nearly name the whole team, have turned in match winning performances. Not to mention half the team  playing test cricket for ten years... or longer

Compare this to England , a few series against suspect sides . When the Aussies really turn on the pressure the poms will choke

I'm still not 100% convinced. India did you and you all had the same theories before that series. I still say it's going to be close. I'm not saying we'll win. Only a complete idiot would make a prediction like that, but I think we'll push you. Your oldies are all brilliant cricketers, but even they are due to run out of steam soon. Lets just say we are now waiting for you to slip up. I heard mention in a past post ' The Poms thrashed Bangladash and now think they can take on the world' I'm sorry, but trying to put us down like that is the words from a worried man. Worried that even though Bangladash are a second rate team, we might still have something under our hats. After all I think it was the same poster who, after Australias victory in the first of the tour matches,against a select team far lower on the cricket rungs than B/Dash,said ' That's got you worried'

Lamp-post,please read the posts carefully before you make comment.

1.I cant find on this thread where mention of the Bangladesh/England games are mentioned in the context you state.

2.The posting re the first tour match was lifted from a British newspaper,and was posted without comment from me.

3The select Pro Cricketers team included members of the England one day squad and NZ captain Stephen Fleming (one of the worlds best batsmen)so it doesnt say much for your England team if you say they are lower down the ladder than Bangladesh.

$The "thats got you worried" statement is a figment of your evidentally fertile imagination. I surmise you are referring to the post regarding Matt Hayden,(he is the bloke who scored over 1000 runs in a series against England)and was referring to his possible return to form after a slump.

ozzydom

Lamp-post

1.I cant find on this thread where mention of the Bangladesh/England games are mentioned in the context you state.

G.Burns.....post no 47

2.The posting re the first tour match was lifted from a British newspaper,and was posted without comment from me.

3The select Pro Cricketers team included members of the England one day squad and NZ captain Stephen Fleming (one of the worlds best batsmen)so it doesnt say much for your England team if you say they are lower down the ladder than Bangladesh.

$The "thats got you worried" statement is a figment of your evidentally fertile imagination. I surmise you are referring to the post regarding Matt Hayden,(he is the bloke who scored over 1000 runs in a series against England)and was referring to his possible return to form after a slump.

ozzydom

What is wrong with you people? I am saying that you are the best team in world still and you are still trying to slate me for saying that I think the Aussies will win but it will be close. OK then I've finished with praising your cricketing talents.

I think the Aussie team stinks and it could not win an arguement. You do not know how to play cricket and you never will. You lot are total crap.

There,all bullshit and not true, but at least you've brought me down to your level of thinking and writing. ( Can I be an Honoury Aussie now?)

F

Lamp-post

G.Burns.....post no 47

ozzydom

What is wrong with you people? I am saying that you are the best team in world still and you are still trying to slate me for saying that I think the Aussies will win but it will be close. OK then I've finished with praising your cricketing talents.

I think the Aussie team stinks and it could not win an arguement. You do not know how to play cricket and you never will. You lot are total crap.

There,all bullshit and not true, but at least you've brought me down to your level of thinking and writing. ( Can I be an Honoury Aussie now?)

Feel better now Lamp,??Good ! Its not good form to attribute statements to one who didnt make them,that was the point of my post, Oz being a democracy ,your request to become an Honourary Ozzie will have to go to a vote. All those in favour say Aye. :o

Ok I admit it was me that made the TIC remark about the English beating Bangladesh.... :D

Lampie old son, not hanging <deleted> on you....just the twelve flanneled fools that you call a cricket team..... :D

And no you cannot become an Honorary Aussie.....you havent had the frontal lobotomy yet.... :o:D

Sorry Ozzydom, I posted an apology straight after, but it doesn't seem to have come out. Anyway I apologise for #3 because all touring teams usualy start the tour off with a match against the Duchess of Norfolks eleven, which is a team made up of might be's and has beens. So you were right I had not read the report properly. End of apology. Talk to you again after we thrash the arse off you. Anyway the guy you sent down to me seemed pleased enough with his wares.

I'm afraid I cannot say anything. If I could, I would be a very,very rich man. If all goes to form then I guess you will win. But things aren't like that in real life. With all the statements you've made, we have absolutely nothing to lose. If you win, well we all expected it didn't we. If we pull it off you might as well resign from Thai Visa, the stick you're going to get. The really funny thing is, I completely ignored the boxing thread, cause I know nothing about it. Later when I saw who had posted the original thread was the same person who was going on about the Ashes series. I just knew in my mind what was going to be written, before I looked, and I was not disappointed. But, remember one thing, if your cricket prediction is as good as your boxing prediction, then we're as good as home. And I do realise that the whole world expected your Russian to win; but the whole world expects Australia to win the Ashes. Me as well. I havn't disputed that. I just reckon it will be closer than you think.

maybe it will....so ?

Your so dam serious about this arent who Lamp'ie !....thats where the difference is with all this, u will find that Australians are alot more laid back than u think....

beating u at cricket is something that we do and do well.....

But if u win, its not going to make me cry in my soup and leave TV......

Edited by Siam_superfly

Lets just drop this and await the result. OK against Aussie religion but infanately more sensible.

I vote ...Yes ... to Lamp'ie becoming an Australian citizen....

on the condition that Lamp'ie runs naked across the pitch on day 3 of the Ist Ashes test, carrying the boxing kangaroo flag... :D

otherwise no..not ever, even for a tourist visa... :o Never !!!

Edited by Siam_superfly

Lamp-post

G.Burns.....post no 47

ozzydom

Then again....maybe that running naked is not enough....u must balance a jug of beer while ur running naked and holding the boxing kangaroo flag....

But if u come to Australia u have to have daily showers and brush ur teeth.....ok.. :o

[]

Then again....maybe that running naked is not enough....u must balance a jug of beer while ur running naked and holding the boxing kangaroo flag....

But if u come to Australia u have to have daily showers and brush ur teeth.....ok.. :D

You want to see ME running naked. :o There, just goes to prove you're either demented, insane or both :D

oh well, lets wait and see again, but honestly, Aussies are by far the best cricketing nation in the world. I only remember the West Indies having the respect that we have..... :o

Australian dont have the respect the West Indies once had coz they are universally hated for their cheating, gamesmanship and sledging.

oh well, lets wait and see again, but honestly, Aussies are by far the best cricketing nation in the world. I only remember the West Indies having the respect that we have..... :D

Australian dont have the respect the West Indies once had coz they are universally hated for their cheating, gamesmanship and sledging.

Would you care to expand on your CHEATING remark,a few examples will suffice.

plus a word of warning, we enjoy a lot of good-hearted banter on this forum, but never say out loud what you have posted here anonymously, that is if you want to be able to chew steak again. :o

ozzydom

Will I be able to watch the much anticipated English victory over the aged Aussies On Thai cable TV? If so do you know of any places in BKK and CM that are likely to be showing it?

Not if you repeat your last post in a public place with an Australian in the vicinity, your vision could become somewhat impaired.

Feel better now Lamp,??Good ! Its not good form to attribute statements to one who didnt make them,that was the point of my post, Oz being a democracy ,your request to become an Honourary Ozzie will have to go to a vote. All those in favour say Aye. :o

Do you know the really strange thing about it Ozzy? If my Great-grandfather had done a tenth of the things I've done wrong in my life I would be an Australian now. :D

:D:D:D

oh well, lets wait and see again, but honestly, Aussies are by far the best cricketing nation in the world. I only remember the West Indies having the respect that we have..... :D

I beleive ozzy helps me to answer this one allready, all i can add is our gamesmanship is very good, sledging and cheating? yeah your gonna have to back that one up mate.... :o

Do you know the really strange thing about it Ozzy? If my Great-grandfather had done a tenth of the things I've done wrong in my life I would be an Australian now. :D

Ahhhhhhh..... the old convict joke eh? always brings a tear to my eye...... :D

Didnt take much to qualify for the holiday for a lifetime Lamp. mine took a sledgehammer to a printing press during the industrial revolution.

oh well, lets wait and see again, but honestly, Aussies are by far the best cricketing nation in the world. I only remember the West Indies having the respect that we have..... :o

Hmmmmm

Pro Fart, did u type this !!!! :D ..........

If not...then maybe there really is someone out there who has less brain cells than u.... maybe...just maybe... :D

Ahhhhhhh..... the old convict joke eh? always brings a tear to my eye...... :D

ERRRRRRRRRRRRR...........What joke?

plus a word of warning, we enjoy a lot of good-hearted banter on this forum, but never say out loud what you have posted here anonymously, that is if you want to be able to chew steak again. :o

ozzydom

Ok i have limited time now but i will make a start, i have included one link to help refresh your memory.

Lets list a few of the most notorious examples over the last ten years -

1995 Steve Waugh claiming a catch to dismiss Brian Lara that had clearly bounced! (Waugh some how getting away with it - any other player would have been banned for 3 games at least!)

2003 Darren Lehman shouting racist abuse at the Sri Lankan team (i think this goes beyond gamesmanship!).

2003 McGrath getting out his pram as Ausies lose to the West Indies, souring the game of cricket once again.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2003/may/23daniel.htm

I havent even mentioned the numerous incidents involving Shane 'drug cheat' Warne yet, maybe another time!

Australias image abroad is not helped by your ever so respected (!!!) prime minister having his say in the legailty of Murilli action and also sticking up for Mcgrath's shameful performance!

If you honestly think the Aussies have the same respect - especially in the caribbean and the asian sub continent - that the west indies once have you clearly listen to the incredibly parochial Aussie media far too much!

THE WORLD WILL BE REJOICING WHEN THE ASHES REMAIN WHERE THEY BELONG!!

ozzydom

Ok i have limited time now but i will make a start, i have included one link to help refresh your memory.

Lets list a few of the most notorious examples over the last ten years -

1995 Steve Waugh claiming a catch to dismiss Brian Lara that had clearly bounced! (Waugh some how getting away with it - any other player would have been banned for 3 games at least!)

2003 Darren Lehman shouting racist abuse at the Sri Lankan team (i think this goes beyond gamesmanship!).

2003 McGrath getting out his pram as Ausies lose to the West Indies, souring the game of cricket once again.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2003/may/23daniel.htm

I havent even mentioned the numerous incidents involving Shane 'drug cheat' Warne yet, maybe another time!

Australias image abroad is not helped by your ever so respected (!!!) prime minister having his say in the legailty of Murilli action and also sticking up for Mcgrath's shameful performance!

If you honestly think the Aussies have the same respect - especially in the caribbean and the asian sub continent - that the west indies once have you clearly listen to the incredibly parochial Aussie media far too much!

THE WORLD WILL BE REJOICING WHEN THE ASHES REMAIN WHERE THEY BELONG!!

My My.Your just overflowing with dislike of all things Australian arnt you.did an Aussie pinch your girlfriend or did you proposition an aussie bloke and got a thick lip for your trouble.Whatever the cause your knowledge of cricket is minimal.

1.It is an umpires decision to give dismissals,there is no penalty for claiming a catch or any other form of dismissal,it is ump,s decision.

2.Murilli,s action was deemed illegal by the powers that be and told to rectify it.

3.Being a drug cheat is to use performance enhancing products,you have selectively forgotten west indies cricketers admitted use of cannibis or Botham

admitting to the same.

For your edification ,the ashes always remain in Britain no matter who wins the series.

If you had read the site you referred to you would see that WG Grace back in 1882 was not adverse to a bit of cheating.

But its pretty futile talking to a girl obout a mans game.Aussies and kiwi,s play to win as sport should be played so hitch up your skirt and go back to your game of bridge.

cheating

Shall we forget Atherton and the ball tampering, an english bowler and vaseline, a pair of sub continent swing bowlers who had suspect pockets,

Sledging

Viv Richards was a great sledger, Botham wasnt too shy at it either, the lowest was the guy who made comments about McGraths wifes cancer, Sledging is a part of the game and done by all nations. They all give as good as they get.

Gamesmanship

I guess the Aussies are the only ones who appeal for an LBW when the ball was clearly outside the line of the stumps, or claim a catch when the ball actually doesnt carry, or claims a catch behind when there was clearly no bat contact. I think it was an Aussie batsman who after playing the ball down, picked up the ball and tossed it back to the bowler, who promptly appealed (successfully) for handled ball. And to finish....wasnt it Gilchrist who recently walked on a dubious appeal and was heralded for his sportsmanlike gesture.

And in response to a later post.....the Ashes home was Australia before the Poms pinched them.....the Ashes were created in Melbourne... :o