Non-i B Visa, 90 Days Has Expired, No Extension Of Stay Yet

Silly situation. I have a proper Non-Immigrant B Visa (Multi Entry, 1 year) and a Work Permit. Both expire next year. However, today was the last day of my initial 90-days per the stamp in my passport, and my HR prime has not yet obtained my Extension of Stay.

What do you suggest the best plan is?

Do I let HR finish up, and try to get the Extension of Stay next week?

or

Do I hop on a plane tomorrow night and spend a weekend out of the country?

Your thoughts?

You would be lucky to obtain an extension of stay after going into overstay (which you are at midnight) so I would advise a quick trip to obtain a new 90 day stay and then they will have sixty days to get there paperwork together before you need to apply for extension of stay. Your work permit is invalid without a valid visa so you could be arrested for illegal work tomorrow in a worst case scenario.

If you fly out tomorrow one day's overstay will not be charged at the airport. You will however get a small overstay stamp in your passport, but it will not affect obtaining a subsequent visa/extension or re-entry into the Kingdom. Be aware that after midnight today you are on overstay, and if caught up in a routine police check you will be detained.