Genuine Copy Of Windows 7

ha55ha

Hi I need to go buy Windows 7 today, does anyone know where the best place to buy it and how much I should be paying roughly?

If the price is going to be similar in all of the shops then no problem, I just wondered if someone had specifically seen it for sale at a lower/more decent price?

Thank!

If you are prepared to wait Ebay is the best place to buy this sort of software if you want genuine and get them to post it to you. If you want a copy then many places in the IT malls will sell copy software very cheap

I need to buy it today unfortunately so that's not an option. I just looked online at a Thai website and Windows 7 Professional is available for 5,200 baht. I guess I'll have a drive around now and see if I can find it for the same price or cheaper :)

Thanks for your reply!

Edited by ha55ha

IT mall at most central stores. if you're willing to drive to central bang-na they are open, and the it mall has it unless they are sold out. i bought mine there the day it came out in thailand. also pantip plaza, some shops sell non-pirate copies.

Hi,

Microsoft has a special pricing policy for Asia, which is lower than elsewhere. W7 Professional is around 5,200 B and W7 Home version is around 3,900 B. It is a great OS and worth paying for the original version since you get the security app free which means you wont need to ever pay for antivirus again. Mine is excellent and catches more things than our other PC's with Kaspersky or McAfee, and uses way less memory. Pantib shops will have it, as will Fortune or any of the IT Malls.

Cheers

... you get the security app free which means you wont need to ever pay for antivirus again. Mine is excellent and catches more things than our other PC's with Kaspersky or McAfee, and uses way less memory.

Begs the question: what are you doing to be letting all these 'things' onto your system in the first place?

The Big C by the airport has legit versions on DVD, in a computer shop bottom floor

I think pro was 4000, or 7000 baht, whatever it was, it was the standard price more or less.

Expect Pantip has the same.

Edited by whiterussian

... you get the security app free which means you wont need to ever pay for antivirus again. Mine is excellent and catches more things than our other PC's with Kaspersky or McAfee, and uses way less memory.

Begs the question: what are you doing to be letting all these 'things' onto your system in the first place?

We run about 10 PCs in our office and all of them have legit copies of either McAfee or Kaspersky on them, but we often pick up trojans and malware from client thumb drives, of which only some get picked up by some of the AV programs some of the time. The only PC which seems to be consistently clean and which has picked up everything so far is the one with W7 and the Microsoft AV program.

I have researched this quite a bit and there is a pretty broad consensus that this Microsoft product is quite good.

Cheers

We run about 10 PCs in our office and all of them have legit copies of either McAfee or Kaspersky on them, but we often pick up trojans and malware from client thumb drives, of which only some get picked up by some of the AV programs some of the time. The only PC which seems to be consistently clean and which has picked up everything so far is the one with W7 and the Microsoft AV program.

I have researched this quite a bit and there is a pretty broad consensus that this Microsoft product is quite good.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun RichardT1808,

We were a paid, licensed user of Kaspersky for three years; when that license expired we switched to MS's free product because, a technical forum we participate in where some of the better MS programmers in the world comment freely (CodeProject : the Lounge forum), numerous hands-on reports came in indicating that Kaspersky was not evolving, and that MS's new "incarnation" of "One Care" (AV) was excellent, was no longer the "resource pig" that "One Care" was; and was "beating out" Kaspersky in trials at finding nasty things and squashing them.

We had a nightmare experience with that first version of "One Care," and actually got a refund from Microsoft for the full cost of it (we got a connection at MS).

We find MS's free AV working very well, but we also use SuperAntiSpyware (the free version which we intend to buy) and note that SAS does find some trojans that MS AV does not ... so far.

A techncial friend in India just sent us a free, legal, license for Kaspersky full; we may try that again, but are concerned it might conflict with running MS' AV simultaneously.

best, ~o:37;

1860 sounds too cheap for any legit Win 7.

The guy at Goodspeed told me to beware the OEM versions that are on sale - they are legit but not able to be transferred onto a new computer, he said. Don't know more than that but just passing it on for what it's worth. Win 7 Ultimate proper seems to be about 7000 around Panthip.