Indovision Satellite Tv

angiud

At the moment spending my yearly holiday in Bali, like always. for the first time my house has a good lcd tv with Indovision Sat decoder and smart card.

The channel package is (for my interests) way better than UBC TRUE, the broadcasting quality much better and the price of monthly subscriprion cheaper of the thai one.

My question is: anybody has experience with this package? The satellite has enough coverage for, say, Samui Phangan?

I could buy an year subscription here, for a very good deal, and just bring the smart card back in Thailand??

Any cons??

YES please, anyone in the know?

am fat up myself with my very expensive true package with bad quality transmission even though I'm in Bangkok and programming that is based on repeats - I mean who wants to see "tomorrows world from 2004" - looks like true is buying the cheapest old crap they can lay their hands on - and once they ditched BBC entertainment for this really crap US channel AXN B

Am also fat up with the constant breaks for previews and some really crap advertising that is so bad, it makes my stomach turn (example tooth paste - any information would be highly apprechiated

Its possible to pick up Indovision in Thailand, the frequency is S-band, you will need a large dish, you can see approximate dish sizes here:(says i can't post URLs, do a search for footprint and Cakrawarta-1, you will need a 2 metre dish, and S-band LNB). I understand the satellite, Cakrawarta-1, is not that stable in orbit, and nearly at the end of life, so you may want to go for a larger dish to be safe.

Judging from the Ku band satellite footprint you should have reasonable reception in southern Thailand.

http://www.protostarsat.com/map1/ps2-4.html

I am not sure how you would get the smart card as they are are probably limited to Indonesia only.

Here are the cost details.

http://www.indovision.tv/index.php?mod=SB0002

YES please, anyone in the know?

am fat up myself with my very expensive true package with bad quality transmission even though I'm in Bangkok and programming that is based on repeats - I mean who wants to see "tomorrows world from 2004" - looks like true is buying the cheapest old crap they can lay their hands on - and once they ditched BBC entertainment for this really crap US channel AXN B

Am also fat up with the constant breaks for previews and some really crap advertising that is so bad, it makes my stomach turn (example tooth paste - any information would be highly apprechiated

Easy, this is ubc, thats the problem. Change to Astro, much better reception

Astro is Malaysian and their online contract conditions ask you to confirm you live in Malaysia in order to subscribe.

Is there a way around this then?

Astro are in process of being taken over right now and a policy of expansion into areas outside Malaysia has been announced.

How can they do this if subscribers are limited to a Malaysia address?

Can anybody shed light on this apparent anomaly ? It would be much better to have a direct sub with Astro Malaysia, both more reliable and controllable with PPV.

Hardware could simply be collected from Malaysia and set up by a local installer!

Astro is Malaysian and their online contract conditions ask you to confirm you live in Malaysia in order to subscribe.

Is there a way around this then?

Astro are in process of being taken over right now and a policy of expansion into areas outside Malaysia has been announced.

How can they do this if subscribers are limited to a Malaysia address?

Can anybody shed light on this apparent anomaly ? It would be much better to have a direct sub with Astro Malaysia, both more reliable and controllable with PPV.

Hardware could simply be collected from Malaysia and set up by a local installer!

It all has to do with re-transmission rights.

For most of the premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Discovery etc) true visions has the sole rights to sell in Thailand.

Astro at the moment has the rights to sell all their programming in Malaysia only, hence the requirement for subscribers to actually live in Malaysia.