Tot Internet Outage

chiangmaiexpat

This is what u call TOT internet. It downs every mth, i dare bet u. The worst internet provider in thailand. With no cheap package, but only follow other internet provider package. Its aledy down here in the south since last mth. But today on and off. Tis F...G service really cheating us.

Our TOT-line in Mae-Jo also kept dropping yesterday-evening, pretty frustrating, when the kids are trying to look-up Wikipedia to do their Biology homework for them ! :D

Q. "Dad, what are the long-term medical-effects, of drinking too much alcohol ?"

A. "Dunno, my memory isn't what it used to be !" :)

Our TOT-line in Mae-Jo also kept dropping yesterday-evening, pretty frustrating, when the kids are trying to look-up Wikipedia to do their Biology homework for them ! :D

Q. "Dad, what are the long-term medical-effects, of drinking too much alcohol ?"

A. "Dunno, my memory isn't what it used to be !" :)

get wiki for schools on your PC..

http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/cha...dia-for-schools

actually just checked, its too tame for the topic above... this is as far as it went

http://schools-wikipedia.org/wp/d/Distilled_beverage.htm

and

http://schools-wikipedia.org/wp/b/Beer.htm

"The moderate consumption of alcohol, including beer, is associated with a decreased risk of cardiac disease, stroke and cognitive decline.

Brewer's yeast is known to be a rich source of nutrients; therefore, as expected, beer can contain significant amounts of nutrients, including magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, and B vitamins. In fact, beer is sometimes referred to as "liquid bread". Some sources maintain that filtered beer loses much of its nutrition.

A 2005 Japanese study found that low alcohol beer may possess strong anti-cancer properties. Another study found nonalcoholic beer to mirror the cardiovascular benefits associated with moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages. However, much research suggests that the primary health benefit from alcoholic beverages comes from the alcohol they contain.

It is considered that overeating and lack of muscle tone is the main cause of a beer belly, rather than beer consumption. A recent study, however, found a link between binge drinking and a beer belly. But with most overconsumption it is more a problem of improper exercise and overconsumption of carbohydrates than the product itself.

There is conclusive evidence that heavy and prolonged consumption of alcohol leads to liver disease including cirrhosis and malignancy. Heavy alcohol consumption has also been linked to pancreatitis and gout."

Edited by whiterussian

Down for 3.5 hrs?  Lucky you  :)  My TOT connection doesn't like it if it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy, birds on the line, village pa system blaring.....    At the moment down from 1200 till 1700hrs is normal  :D

And,, you've guessed it, my connection failed when I tried to post this!!

Wow - you guys have it worse than me out here in beautiful backwoods Issan. We're just painfully slow most of the time. But yeah, we had the 3.5 hour outage as well.

My wife has become a good mea farang - now, whenever there's an outage, internet or electric, she's on the phone right away, and oddly enough, she's developed good relationships with the people in the services areas.

She called the Nong Bua Lam Phu ToT office as soon as the net went down. They said they were out to, as was KK, CM, all sorts of places. They couldn't do their work either as they had no connection to the net. Brilliant

As soon as it came back on, ToT called my wife to let her know. Good service. They also said that someone had sabotaged the line...would not conjecture as to whom, but my wife said it was pretty clear whom she meant.

Now I'm not saying there's any credence to that. Just passing along what she was told.

TOT really sucks big time!!! 3-5 hours consider you very lucky. I was in Chiang mai on JAN 2010, it down entire 4 days. Can't TOT do something??? Anyone seeing this thread and is working for TOT please give some feedback to your company! No point calling them, I tried, you wait , wait and wait! No point email them, you wait, wait ,wait......till now, no response from them yet! How can we trust you any longer.

YMMV. I've had TOT Maxnet for nearly two years. Brilliant.

A few hours of slowdowns, less than 6 hours down - in nearly two years. Otherwise fast and reliable.

Depends on where you are, I guess

MAX net is not from TOT.

My live become better after I kicked out TOT, what a bunch of idiots.

I'm convinced there are no good ISP's in Thailand, especially when the schools are on holiday, like now, and millions of Thai kids are playing on-line games. However TOT is without a doubt the worst; if you have any alternative, take it.

I'm convinced there are no good ISP's in Thailand...

You're right there. The place is so far behind everyone else (on par) that I wouldn't be surprised if the GABA in Oz and the Sahara Desert were getting more consistency.

Boy, am I dumb. I thought the outage was related to our electricity going off a couple of times yesterday morning. I stuck a pin in the reset holes of both the router and the modem, thereby wiping out our password. Hubby will have to fix it when he gets back from his trip!