Red Shirts' Bangkok Fortress Becomes Tourist Hot Spot

webfact

RED mobs is clearly illegal. They will get it (jail) when the smoke settled.

All other mobs (YELLOW/BLUE/PINK/WHITE/MULTI/SILOM) are clearly legal, as they oppose the illegal one.

Also the police/army needs the SILOM mobs as they shower them with gifts and donations.

Technically under the state of emergency ALL mobs are illegal.

I think the police are giving locals a bit of leeway to vent,

because they are being oppressed by the rally. Only word I can think to use.

Better to let it out screaming than stay pent up and then REALLY snap like with a hand gun etc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All other mobs (YELLOW/BLUE/PINK/WHITE/MULTI/SILOM) are clearly legal, as they oppose the illegal one.

Also the police/army needs the SILOM mobs as they shower them with gifts and donations.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

All Mobs should disperse or set up an area AWAY from each other.

Last thing we need is more groups of angry people daring each other to violence.

Disagree... You cannot protest against illegal protestors by starting your own illegal protest.

Wow... thats some funny logic... :)

OMG ...a tourist attraction! ....nope 'It's a war Zone'!!! and a good idea to stay well clear.

Some of the remarks from the lead post are amazing like the American and his 'concert feel/vibe' OMG, I'm lost for words. People are dying there and yes, Farangs are being injured too .... check out the You tube video in the closed topic (friday) by Webfact and George on Page one (I think its the Aussie as reported being patched up by the soldiers at the BTS).

No, I'm not a tourist, I live here and care deeply about what happens, this is so sad and we, who live in Thailand, farangs and Thai, are becoming more unesay with this situation day by day; it just looks to me that we are on the brink of out and out civil war ....mmm, but I really hope not.

Where is the way out of this mess? I just don't know other than the Government has to be decisive if this country is to avoid the aforementioned.

For you 'tourists' please stay clear of the area, it could become really unpleasant for you, thanks.