Going Home. My 3 Year Stay Is Comming To An End.

garyk

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK...now that I know you're a guy, and so knowledgeable about Thai customs & traditions (who to wai, when and why), learned everything you know from the bar girls and your ex.....I see that you're are a total joke unto yourself and have nothing valid to say to anyone....you're all smoke and crap...why don't you stop trying to convince others how much you think you know when it's obvious, you don't know shi....t.

If only it was that easy. Posters like this feed from all the negative responses they get. It's an attention seeking thing. Makes them feel important. Very sad. :)

OK...now that I know you're a guy, and so knowledgeable about Thai customs & traditions (who to wai, when and why), learned everything you know from the bar girls and your ex.....I see that you're are a total joke unto yourself and have nothing valid to say to anyone....you're all smoke and crap...why don't you stop trying to convince others how much you think you know when it's obvious, you don't know shi....t.

If only it was that easy. Posters like this feed from all the negative responses they get. It's an attention seeking thing. Makes them feel important. Very sad. :)

to whom are you addressing?

Have you read this thread? I was reffering to the same person you were, that's kind of why my post followed yours and I quoted you. That's how this thing works. :)

ok...got it....wasn't clear, that's why I asked....

Have you read this thread? I was reffering to the same person you were, that's kind of why my post followed yours and I quoted you. That's how this thing works. :)

ok...got it....wasn't clear, that's why I asked....

I think you're both being unfair to sarahsbloke because he seems like an obnoxious arrogant <deleted>. I notice that you don't try and have a debate on the content of his posting. You'd be better to let it go, and avoid airing your prejudices and inadequacies. Dirty laundry should be washed, not aired.

Anyway, apologies for the digression. Back on topic; three years is probably long enough in any place, unless its home. Time to move on for lots of us.

SC

reason for edit: premature post - dancing-finger trouble

Edited by StreetCowboy

I think you're both being unfair to sarahsbloke because he seems like an obnoxious arrogant <deleted>. I notice that you don't try and have a debate on the content of his posting. You'd be better to let it go, and avoid airing your prejudices and inadequacies. Dirty laundry should be washed, not aired.

I genuinly have no clue what that means! You're accepting he's an obnoxious etc, etc. but your saying we're highlighting our inadequacies! You say, we don't debate on the content of his posting?? What the hel_l does that mean? It's the content of his posting that is so objectionable that people feel the need to comment. Sorry, you've lost me.

three years is probably long enough in any place, unless its home. Time to move on for lots of us.

SC

The thing that really cracks me up and highlights how much <deleted> people talk, is the fact that people go home, because this place has sudenly become crap, yet their amount of posts on TV continues to go up.

They don't quite make the clean break, and brand new start that they promised!!

Edited by WOOHOO

I think you're both being unfair to sarahsbloke

Don't worry, they're both on my ignore list so I don't even know what they are going on about.

I suggest they both put me on their ignore lists too ....... then we never have to think about the other person again.

I genuinly have no clue what that means! You're accepting he's an obnoxious etc, etc. but your saying we're highlighting our inadequacies! You say, we don't debate on the content of his posting?? What the hel_l does that mean? It's the content of his posting that is so objectionable that people feel the need to comment. Sorry, you've lost me.

Instead of contradicting the poster, you've resorted to insults and berating him for his own personal failings, rather than presenting a reasoned and sensible contradiction. Which makes you look ignorant and unreasonable - evidence that appearances can be deceptive, I hope.

Personally, I don't disagree with the truth of much of what he says; only its sentiment. And it may even be that he is not obnoxious and arrogant - although his posts on this and other fora give that impression.

SC

I think you're both being unfair to sarahsbloke

Don't worry, they're both on my ignore list so I don't even know what they are going on about.

I suggest they both put me on their ignore lists too ....... then we never have to think about the other person again.

:) How long will it be before he can only see posts written by himself.

I know many people also had problems with women who did not come from bars.

My friend uses dating sites and many times he meets lady who tells him somthing like.

I am not bar girl... I have job in Office/Bank/Government so you have to pay me 3000 baht because not prostitute.

If you have some wits to keep about you, you are ok in bars. Its the ones who think they are clever than the thais who make the problems.

If anybody thinks they can get this much living in another country, they would be telling us about it.

thailand is still number one if you are the right type for here. Have to be more flexible, laid back and accepting of other cultures, thought processes.

Edited by barnsworth

three years is probably long enough in any place, unless its home. Time to move on for lots of us.

SC

The thing that really cracks me up and highlights how much <deleted> people talk, is the fact that people go home, because this place has sudenly become crap, yet their amount of posts on TV continues to go up.

They don't quite make the clean break, and brand new start that they promised!!

Maybe some of us still enjoy Thailand, but don't particularly want to live here. As I said thirteen years and five countries ago, if I was going to choose my job based on where I wanted to live, I'd not be having lunch with you here today.

Maybe some of us still have family here (for all I know)...

SC

I can understand people coming here for easy women, but I can't understand that there are people who can't understand that people don't come here for easy women.

Quite preposterous that some people's life is so cemented in the bar scenario, that they can not imagine others without any interest at all.

I think that your right but you might not be, or at least I dont, or maybe do agree with your comments........

I think....

People come and go for wayyyyy too many reasons, I just think that being jaded by other peoples actions are well... silly.....

Instead of contradicting the poster, you've resorted to insults and berating him for his own personal failings, rather than presenting a reasoned and sensible contradiction. Which makes you look ignorant and unreasonable - evidence that appearances can be deceptive, I hope.

Personally, I don't disagree with the truth of much of what he says; only its sentiment. And it may even be that he is not obnoxious and arrogant - although his posts on this and other fora give that impression.

SC

Sorry mate that's utter tripe. Recently he said, because he couldn't become a Thai citizen, he would happily leave his Thai wife and KIDS behind, if he had to leave, and felt that he had zero responsibility for them!

After an abundance of posts like that, a person looses the right to have his opinions argued logically, talk about pissing in the wind!

Yes I could ignore him and probably should, but people like that don't wind me up, or upset me, so it is no hardship for me to reply to his posts. He has the right to spout despicable nonsense, I'm fairly sure I have the right to tell him what I think, as a result.

If you can't see ,that the fact he has put me on his "I don't want to play with him list" highlights the bloke as a pathetic little man, who uses his posts to make his inadequate life seem less so, then perhaps you are a bit to similar to him for comfort.

SC

(1) Sorry mate that's utter tripe. Recently he said, because he couldn't become a Thai citizen, he would happily leave his Thai wife and KIDS behind, if he had to leave, and felt that he had zero responsibility for them!

(2) After an abundance of posts like that, a person looses the right to have his opinions argued logically, talk about pissing in the wind!

(3) Yes I could ignore him and probably should, but people like that don't wind me up, or upset me, so it is no hardship for me to reply to his posts. He has the right to spout despicable nonsense, I'm fairly sure I have the right to tell him what I think, as a result.

(4) If you can't see ,that the fact he has put me on his "I don't want to play with him list" highlights the bloke as a pathetic little man, who uses his posts to make his inadequate life seem less so, then perhaps you are a bit to similar to him for comfort.

The funny thing is that the only time he sees your criticism is in my response to it...

I've numbered your paras to make the response easier to follow.

(1) Agreed, that shows he's irresponsible, immature, and a misogynist; although it may not actually be true. Regardless, its an expression of his intent, and says a lot about him which is obvious to anyone. As I recall, no-one saw fit to abuse him over it; I thought it not worth the effort at the time, as I recall, though I may have expressed some sympathy for his wife and family.

(2) I don't think any of us have a right to a logical argument. But since most of us are so bound to our own prejudices and bigotry, we're unlikely to be swayed by any such argument anyway. The argument is for the benefit of third parties, who may be swayed when they see prejudice and ignorance passed as fact without challenge.

(3) Actually, we none of us have the right to call each other obnoxious arrogant <deleted>, although we are all welcome to demonstrate to others that we are such.

(4) "to(o) similar to him for comfort" could be ambiguous - I interpret that as "uncomfortably similar to him"; I think you're right that we should all look within ourselves when we criticise others. I'm not sure which aspects of similarity I should be most uncomfortable with - probably the judgemental prejudice that he's displayed on other threads, which you and I both seem to share.

SC

Lets just say: Thailand (or SEA for that matter) is just not for everyone.

I meet a lot of people in my cafe who want to move here (I live in Laos btw) but I do try to point them out that there are a lot of things missing what the western world offers.

One time I met a fat English guy who was totally in love with the Thai ladies. I listened to his stories about how he was sick of his work back home and the UK weather etc etc.

Then I asked him: What do you actually want to do in Thailand? He got no answer.

The point is that you have to prepare and make a plan or meet the right person who can support you.

Also beware that you can forget about social benefits, good health care (in Laos then) and good insurance policies just to name a few.

If you know all that maybe the disappointment is less and the joy much more if you live in one of these beautiful countries in SEA.

Sok Dee to the OP. :)

I can understand people coming here for easy women, but I can't understand that there are people who can't understand that people don't come here for easy women.

Quite preposterous that some people's life is so cemented in the bar scenario, that they can not imagine others without any interest at all.

Exactly. That's what was so objectionable about the OP. The simpleton, ego centric attitude that his experiences are the norm. Every body else's experiences and perceptions must be the same as his. It's quite alarming how many other TV members live in the same deluded state.

Edit: Forgot to say. I notice that the OP is so strong about his convictions that he hasn't bothered coming back to defend them.

There are three middle aged guys in my neighbourhood I stop and have a chat with on occasion who are totally convinced the one and only reason men travel to Thailand is for the hookers. Examples of personal experience of that not being the case are met with derision. And if they're here with farang wives/girlfriends, why! It's just so easy for them to slip off to a brothel on the pretence of going to buy a pack of cigs at the 7/11!

They truly believe this and I've given up. They're closeminded and plain sad. After all, how many posters here on TV scream 'gayyyyyy' whenever another poster says he's not interested in hookers? I won't use the cloying term 'ladies'. Where I come from, the word 'ladies' means just that.

highlights the bloke as a pathetic little man, who uses his posts to make his inadequate life seem less so,

You say this about someone based on a few posts; someone you have never met.

If the same criteria was used for you, you could be mistaken as an argumentative, morally superior, judgemental person that doesn't really know too much about the country you're living in.

I'm sure neither one of you guys is anything like this in real life.

Evan Johns.

highlights the bloke as a pathetic little man, who uses his posts to make his inadequate life seem less so,

You say this about someone based on a few posts; someone you have never met.

If the same criteria was used for you, you could be mistaken as an argumentative, morally superior, judgemental person that doesn't really know too much about the country you're living in.

I'm sure neither one of you guys is anything like this in real life.

Evan Johns.

:) All except the last bit, that's exactly what I'm like, so I rest my case. I bet he's exactly the same in real life as he sounds in his posts. Anyone who defends a man who makes a post such as the 'abandoning his family' one will also find themselves on the end of my judgemental, morally superior personality.

I would say he is addressing you! He is giving his opinion from what he knows or his experience why rip him up? You need the attention that bad?

The funny thing is that the only time he sees your criticism is in my response to it.

I just put you on the list as well, so that's no longer true.

:D And so the time gets closer and closer where 'Sarahsbloke' spends all day writing and reading his own posts and then responding to them. Maybe after a while he'll disgust himself. :)

The funny thing is that the only time he sees your criticism is in my response to it.

I just put you on the list as well, so that's no longer true.

:D And so the time gets closer and closer where 'Sarahsbloke' spends all day writing and reading his own posts and then responding to them. Maybe after a while he'll disgust himself. :)

I prefer to actively ignore drivel; I don't think its right to turn a blind eye to some of the appalling bigotry and prejudice that others parade. Remember - you can't ignore what you can't see...

Apologies for drifting off-topic.

Getting back to the topic again - For the OP: was your three-year stay always going to be a three-year stay? If so, its not so much a big decision to leave, is it? And presumably, it would be quite a big decision to sign on for another two or three years...

I'm sure you'll find all the things that you might miss from Thailand in Shanghai - hookers, corruption, squalor, arrogance, nationalism, bigotry. After a while, ti will seem just like home, and it'll be time to move on again...

SC

I basically judge a country based on it's infrastructure, economy, social services and how it treats it's poorest citizens.

Thailand fails miserably in all aspects.............

................compared to................Sweden...............?

And a lot of other countries.

So if thailand fails miserably in infrastructure, social services and how treats poorest- i guess you really really dont like Cambodia, laos, vietnam,phlippines where all of these things a far worse than thailand!!

And East Africa is worse that them. What I'm saying is people who choose to live here aren't here for the infrastructure etc. but rather the culture, the people and to take economic advantage of the place (I'd rather not discuss the ethics of this).

I wouldn't say I don't like those countries rather I wouldn't move there thinking that my standard of living would dramatically increase. If I'm not a retiree and want to be doing more than sitting on the beach then I would be evaluating more than the price of beer or the "local talent".