Bangkok On Edge After Deadly Grenade Blasts

webfact

Thai emergency services have refused to confirm the government's claim that three people died in Thursday night's violence.

They say one woman died.

Well, what is going on Abhisit.........the situation is clearly out of control and all kind of misleading information is being issued by your govnt!!!

don't be a douche...."the situation is clearly out of control and all kind of misleading information is being issued by"....EVERYONE!

of course... but a government who lied has no reason to be trusted by the Thai peoples... and when the "red" government has problem with corruption or problem to manage the country, the yellow use all their energy to ban them from politics... but when a PM yellow is in "charge" of the country and failed completly then no problem is the fault of the other never your own fault.

This PM preferr to see innocent peoples dying for his cause and stay seated in his good chair as a PM than solve the problem (disperse the manifest) and probably quit the government after because if you are normal human you cannot accept peoples died. And if you show a little bit of human sense, they will reelect you in the next vote..

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New elections and the show is over.But this government know they will loose.

It would be caving to terrorists and thugs. Abhisit is an excellent PM, just too soft... The government now should refuse any of the redshirt demands...

sorry, but i wonder a little bit of these grenades.

Is it so easy to get them? Maybe the government should follow where they came from....IF they really want too.

Never heard they sale this weaponry in 7/11 or Lotus :D

YES I am sure "They really want too"

If you are suggesting a conspiracy why don't you just come out and say it?

As far as I can see the Government the Police and the Army want the this to just stop peacefully, do you have information or theories to the contrary because I am sure every one would like to know?

BTW How would they trace these weapons if they are tucked away in the red encampment?

:)

Yes I have some breaking news for you and a theory , you might even call it proof as to why this government wanted this confrontation last night and is responsible for what happened.

Ask yourself why ,, under any circumstances ( unless they wanted to provoke something ) would the government allow the yellow shirts to get close to the reds.

IF Silom road has been blocked off with barricades and troops and declared off limits to reds ,,, why were the yellows allowed to enter , protest ,, and congregate there ??

Think about it ,, why the double standard ? And hence if the government can allow this ,,, and dont try and say it was incompetance ,, no government can be that stupid,,, it really really leaves open the question of who started the gernade throwing .

There is no proof yet and probably never will be.

We have Abash_it to thank for that.

Lets be pratical here. To avoid further deaths and injuries and save the spiraling downward economy, something is going to have to happen to make the reds go home. Military actions are just NOT going to work. You might kill hundreds of them and push them out of their current location, but they will just regroup elsewhere with even MORE determination and cause havoc elsewhere. Censor more of their media (its all censored now anyway) and that will just piss them off even MORE and strengthen their resolve even MORE. The number of red shirts is just HUMONGOUS and WAY, WAY underreported in the media. The main focus now is on the Silom intersection, but nobody mentioned that the plaza at Ratchaprasong is still a SEA OF RED stretching northward to Pratunam (i saw it last night myself) and who knows how far to the east and west. All of these military strategists with their elaborate theories on methods to disperse the Reds have on blinders.

So someone is going to have to convince the pro-govt leaders or the Red leaders or both to come away from their position towards the other side. Let's face it: convincing the Red shirt leaders is just NOT GOING TO WORK. They have shown no sign of giving an inch, and there is no reason to expect them to change.

On the other hand, the pro-govt position could change on a decision by one man: maybe Abhisit, maybe Anupong, maybe (you know). That would be a decision to schedule elections next month. That's the ONLY hope I see. That's the ONLY hope of preventing further deaths. That's the ONLY hope of getting our lives back to normal here in Bangkok. THEN we can work under less pressurized conditions on changing the things that will be helpful to insuring a more peaceful future.

Is it so easy to get them? Maybe the government should follow where they came from....IF they really want too.

Never heard they sale this weaponry in 7/11 or Lotus :)

So what's your point?

Thai emergency services have refused to confirm the government's claim that three people died in Thursday night's violence.

They say one woman died.

Well, what is going on Abhisit.........the situation is clearly out of control and all kind of misleading information is being issued by your govnt!!!

don't be a douche...."the situation is clearly out of control and all kind of misleading information is being issued by"....EVERYONE!

of course... but a government who lied has no reason to be trusted by the Thai peoples... and when the "red" government has problem with corruption or problem to manage the country, the yellow use all their energy to ban them from politics... but when a PM yellow is in "charge" of the country and failed completly then no problem is the fault of the other never your own fault.

This PM preferr to see innocent peoples dying for his cause and stay seated in his good chair as a PM than solve the problem (disperse the manifest) and probably quit the government after because if you are normal human you cannot accept peoples died. And if you show a little bit of human sense, they will reelect you in the next vote..

I would be most appreciative if you could enlighten me to the thought processes that brought you to these enlightening and entertaining conclusions?

And may I be a tad bold to ask you, whence did you come out from the fine institution where you were being taken care of by nice people in white coats? and when will you return?

Lets be pratical here. To avoid further deaths and injuries and save the spiraling downward economy, something is going to have to happen to make the reds go home. Military actions are just NOT going to work. You might kill hundreds of them and push them out of their current location, but they will just regroup elsewhere with even MORE determination and cause havoc elsewhere. Censor more of their media (its all censored now anyway) and that will just piss them off even MORE and strengthen their resolve even MORE. The number of red shirts is just HUMONGOUS and WAY, WAY underreported in the media. The main focus now is on the Silom intersection, but nobody mentioned that the plaza at Ratchaprasong is still a SEA OF RED stretching northward to Pratunam (i saw it last night myself) and who knows how far to the east and west. All of these military strategists with their elaborate theories on methods to disperse the Reds have on blinders.

So someone is going to have to convince the pro-govt leaders or the Red leaders or both to come away from their position towards the other side. Let's face it: convincing the Red shirt leaders is just NOT GOING TO WORK. They have shown no sign of giving an inch, and there is no reason to expect them to change.

On the other hand, the pro-govt position could change on a decision by one man: maybe Abhisit, maybe Anupong, maybe (you know). That would be a decision to schedule elections next month. That's the ONLY hope I see. That's the ONLY hope of preventing further deaths. That's the ONLY hope of getting our lives back to normal here in Bangkok. THEN we can work under less pressurized conditions on changing the things that will be helpful to insuring a more peaceful future.

So what you are suggesting is that government submit to a violent minority mob?

So, in the future, when a small group doesn't get what they want, they just hold a city hostage, and the government will just do exactly what they are asking.

These red shirts are terrorists. Bombing their fellow countrymen should not be tolerated in any way, how could any constitution protect such actions? Thailand's Mai Bphen Rai stance on law is going to be it's own undoing. I don't think this is just another protest and back to business as normal. The world has evolved a lot since the massacres of the past, with communication and global competition now at play there are more elements to consider. Also I don't believe there was ever someone as well funded and powerful as Thaksin behind the scenes before. We all smile at Thailand's charming incompetence when it's something silly like an elephant taking a dump on Sukhumwit but there is a dark side to an ability to institute law and order as well. Thailand is slipping further into violence and disorder undoing decades of progress.

Thailand's root problem is the government cannot assure law and order, period. An Army with a mind of its own, police with minds of their own. No PM of any political persuasion is able to maintain order without control of forces required to do so. The fundamental problem IMO.

Yes I have some breaking news for you and a theory , you might even call it proof as to why this government wanted this confrontation last night and is responsible for what happened.

Ask yourself why ,, under any circumstances ( unless they wanted to provoke something ) would the government allow the yellow shirts to get close to the reds.

IF Silom road has been blocked off with barricades and troops and declared off limits to reds ,,, why were the yellows allowed to enter , protest ,, and congregate there ??

Think about it ,, why the double standard ? And hence if the government can allow this ,,, and dont try and say it was incompetance ,, no government can be that stupid,,, it really really leaves open the question of who started the gernade throwing .

Has the government/army/police done ANYTHING to stop ANY protests since this mess started?

Except for April 10, nothing has been done to stop protestors going where ever they wanted.

Why should they stop anti-red protestors when they haven't stopped anything the red protestors have wanted to do for 6 weeks?

There are no double standards in this case. If they stopped the anti-reds from protesting, then that would be double standards.

No end in sight. Is there a way to end this peacefully?

Well, why not let them vote? Plus, it just might save some innocent lives - and some people say, the economy too.

Because the reds will win! Like last time! Then the yellows will protest and here we go again!!!!!!..................

Yes. That's the best way out of this crisis.

So, in the future, when a small group doesn't get what they want, they just hold a city hostage, and the government will just do exactly what they are asking.

No. I think Thais need to work for changes in the laws and Constitution that will help to insure this endless cycle ends. That type of work can only be done under calmer circumstances. The only thing that is going to lead to that calm, since the REDS just are NOT going to give an inch, is to call for elections ASAP.

Well, why not let them vote? Plus, it just might save some innocent lives - and some people say, the economy too.

Because the reds will win! Like last time! Then the yellows will protest and here we go again!!!!!!..................

Go and do some research.

The reds didn't "win" the last election.

Never heard they sale this weaponry in 7/11 or Lotus :D

YES I am sure "They really want too"

If you are suggesting a conspiracy why don't you just come out and say it?

As far as I can see the Government the Police and the Army want the this to just stop peacefully, do you have information or theories to the contrary because I am sure every one would like to know?

BTW How would they trace these weapons if they are tucked away in the red encampment?

They probably allowed the Yellows to congregate because its a free country and favor the legitimate government. The reds were allowed there demonstration as well, the only difference now is the reds are not demonstrating any more they are inciting violence, plotting treason, threatening innocent people with weapons, killing people, etc... Cant you see the difference?

Yes. That's the best way out of this crisis.

No. I think Thais need to work for changes in the laws and Constitution that will help to insure this endless cycle ends. That type of work can only be done under calmer circumstances. The only thing that is going to lead to that calm, since the REDS just are NOT going to give an inch, is to call for elections ASAP.

IMO, the consititution needs to be changed with input by all parties and voted for by the people before an election.

Then the election should be run as per the laws in that agreed constitution.

The government should not have to call elections whenever a minority mob comes out to protest.

By completely giving in to the reds, all that does is leave it open for the next mob to come out and protest again.

a) This is an elected government.

:) Calling immediate elections gives the win to the terrorist Thaksin thugs. Nobody wants that.

c) Abhisit is a true democrat, negotiated peacefully and offered 9 months. They did not take it because it was not what they wanted. Thanksin ordered a civil war. Full stop.

11 April last year, the reds crash the ASEAN Summit meeting in Pattaya. They were not there to harm the ASEAN HOS that was attending the summit but only after Abhisit, how do i know? coz i was there at ground zero when it happened. So from that date onwards till now, why Abhisit did not solve the matter then but instead he waits till things escalate to what it is right now? My opinion, he knows the only way he could solve the issue is to call for election but he didn't, why? Coz he knows if he does, he will never be PM again.

Abhisit had 1 year to solve the issue yet he wait and wait and wait... and right now.. he still waits and waits in his hideout camp.

I am not red, yellow or rainbow but it just pisses me off when a country place a person to be in charge but he ended up hiding when the country needs him the most.

If you can't lead a country, election might be the best solution.

Yes, The Joseph Solution and The Joseph Plan, however, because the Remedial details are not permitted to be discussed, then no. However, give it 100 years, sure to turn the corner.

[remember that famous story about the clothes and it was only a 5 year old who could say who wasn't wearing any... you know the one? things that make you go hmmmmmmm.]

-----------------------------------------------------

BTW smashing headline! matched the story and had PUNCH. good on ya!

But that might mean a "loss of face" and that the "terrorists win". We can't have that, can we?

Let them vote... I am not sure the red will win again.... but for me the problem will never be solved even with the vote. The future PM or government have to share the power with the opposition or minimum to respect them and hear their voice.... if you think your are the boss of the country and you do what you want, so it's not a real democracy. It is what the "red" peoples are thinking now. Vote for someone, but see nothing back... or better idea, the new PM come from a minor party not yellow nor red, like this perhaps the ego of both sides will step down and they will manage the country for every Thai not only for their Thais (supporters).

No government should be forced to call elections by violent mobs.

yeah they should just be forced out instead like when the yellow mob took over government house and the airport! some people have very short memories.

The bottom line is that this government was never elected.

And why do people keep saying that abbisit should do something? Do u honestly believe that he really has the power to make any descision? All the descisions are made by "someone else" in this draconian country.

:) Calling immediate elections gives the win to the terrorist Thaksin thugs. Nobody wants that.

c) Abhisit is a true democrat, negotiated peacefully and offered 9 months. They did not take it because it was not what they wanted. Thanksin ordered a civil war. Full stop.

Okay, explain, I'm stupid. Elections have NOT worked for 80 years; how is this next one going to so darn GREAT? It will be a miracle election?

The ONLY way the next election will work if all the leaders of the reds and yellows get pig trough Cabinet Posts! Any left out will be the next protestors. Sondhi has already 'threatened' to have all his rich friends withdraw there millions from the banks to destroy the economy if his cronies don't get in.

[let's do the math his 100 friends billion each, withdraw. the reds millions friendes withdraw 1000 Bhats each, HEY they could destroy Thailand using his plan ane not even have to leave the filelds and the low paying jobs!!!]

facetious I know, if it was NOT sad it would funny!

Wow. Do you really believe that? Amazingly selective memory. Did you forget about the coup in 2006? The changes to the constitution and how they came about? As for who wants what? To you, they may be "Thaksin thugs," but to other people they're just protestors who want their democracy back.

Perhaps new elections NOW would solve the problem, at least temporarily. It doesn't look like the Red Shirts are going anywhere.

I wonder if Methi's surprising confession is going to followed within a day by a retraction. Did anyone see the lights dim around the DSI office while he was in the basement? I would recommend they transfer the prisoner to their Pattani branch office. No chance of red shirt mobs braving the Muslims to spring him from jail there and, of course, the necessary equipment is readily available there.

I my honest opinion, which will mean little to anybody but what the he_ll i'm going to add it, Abhisit has only himself to blame for this whole mess caused by the Red Shirts.

From the very beginning he was too lenient with their encampent at Central. Hindsight being a wonderful pain in the ar_se, i am sure evrybody will agree that the encampent should never have been allowed to happen, double standards or not. An immediate show of force might have been the answer way back then. However we will never know.

I am a fan of Abhisit and i believe that he has this country's best interest at heart. In my opinion he is a true believer in democracy and given the right amount of time to prove himself he may have changed the minds of many Thaksin supporters. Perhaps this is one reason why the red's are where they are now, in some crazy attempt to affect people's judgment of him as a leader.

At this moment i believe that the only way out of this mess is for him to call to an election in 6-9 months, be allowed to run the country properly until such time (hopefully showing many of the Thaksin supporters his abilities during this time) and the Red leaders to agree to it. i really don't believe that will happen so i see there being no other way out than using force.

Can somebody tell me why the military and the police can't enter the red's camps in riot gear with only truncheons and shields and physically remove the reds, put them in the large black trucks that are all over the capital and take them to a compund to be processed? And by processed i mean names, photo's, fingerprints etc and then sent back to their home towns at the governments expense. Why the need for firearms and ammo, be it rubber or live. This sort of thing used to happen every saturday afternoon outside pubs and football grounds in the UK. If the red shirt terrorist division (and lets be honest here, there is one) decide to use firearms, then and only then arm troops.

A show of physical force rather than lethal force may have an effect? Who know's.

elections next month. would that be in, say, 15 days time? should the PM resign and leave the country as well? Any other red demands that should be met, or is that all of them?

Okay, explain, I'm stupid. Elections have NOT worked for 80 years; how is this next one going to so darn GREAT? It will be a miracle election?

The ONLY way the next election will work if all the leaders of the reds and yellows get pig trough Cabinet Posts! Any left out will be the next protestors. Sondhi has already 'threatened' to have all his rich friends withdraw there millions from the banks to destroy the economy if his cronies don't get in.

[let's do the math his 100 friends billion each, withdraw. the reds millions friendes withdraw 1000 Bhats each, HEY they could destroy Thailand using his plan ane not even have to leave the filelds and the low paying jobs!!!]

facetious I know, if it was NOT sad it would funny!

Looks like money is thicker than blood in your case

No government should be forced to call elections by violent mobs.

yeah they should just be forced out instead like when the yellow mob took over government house and the airport! some people have very short memories.

The bottom line is that this government was never elected.

And why do people keep saying that abbisit should do something? Do u honestly believe that he really has the power to make any descision? All the descisions are made by "someone else" in this draconian country.

All 3 governments (Samak, Somchai & Abhisit) have been since the election have been elected.

The PPP didn't get a majority so had to form a coaltion with smaller parties.

Later the smaller parties decided not to support the PTP (ex-PPP MPs) led by Newin's BJT.

That allowed the Democrats to form government using a coalition of smaller parties - which coincidentally, is the same way the PPP got into government.

Perhaps it would be best to give all demonstrators, Red, Yellow, Pink, etc a deadline to disband after which time those who remain will be subject to arrest and a stiff fine. You can't negotiate with a mob, and their existence only strengthens the possibility of violence.

Becouse The People opposed to the Parasite Reds Live/work there and are Middle Class WORKING PUBLIC!

Not trucked in from out of town and paied 500 B

a day for the trobble by a Power hungry Scumbag Thaksin.

These Reds are not passive I see them every day Harassing my staff and abusing Foreigners so they can get a reaction to start a fight.

They are here for a fight and armed for it nothing more than a pack of Thugs and cowards.

Under the Rouse of "We want Democracy" these morons would have no concept of the words let alone there leader who is so democratic he refuses to stand for the laws he has broken..

What a JOKE

Dont Kid yourself these Red Parasites are here to make a buck and to do the work of there puppet masters..