Hotels In The 300-600baht Range

lung

hello :o

is not easy to find a cheap hotel in bkk when you are looking online.

(i try the last 2h)

i not want to sleep all time in khaosan when i in bkk and i a little bit

"kii niau"

... and are many bkk-ler here

i think YOU know some rooms in silom/sukhumvit or sooo

maybe in some darky soi... :D:D

kop khun maaaaaaak

hello      :o

is not easy to find a cheap hotel in bkk when you are looking online.

(i try the last 2h)

i not want to sleep all time in khaosan when i in bkk and i a little bit

"kii niau"

... and are many bkk-ler here

i think YOU know some rooms in silom/sukhumvit or sooo

maybe in some darky soi...    :D  :D

kop khun maaaaaaak

http://www.sawadee.com/bangkok/sawasdeeinn/

670 bht per night on sukhumvit.

Big Johns is cheap I've heard.

The Miami is around the 700B a night range too but is a bit of a dump.

Suk11 is a nice backpackers place on soi 11 at 600B a night but is not guest freindly.

Sadly places in that price range are few and far between these days outside of Banglamphu and not too easy to find there these days unless you want a real shithole.

There are a few fairly decent places down Soi Kasem San 1 - besides Mah Boon Krong. All in the 600B range. If you try outside Bangkok you might have a little better luck for that price range. Remember with the BTS and MRT you don't really need to stay so close to the centre - just as long as you are near a station or decent bus line.

Big Johns is cheap I've heard.

The Miami is around the 700B a night range too but is a bit of a dump.

Suk11 is a nice backpackers place on soi 11 at 600B a night but is not guest freindly.

Sadly places in that price range are few and far between these days outside of Banglamphu and not too easy to find there these days unless you want a real shithole.

You know if the is Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn 123 Sukhumvit 57, Sukhumvit Road,

is guest friendly??

I think you'll find most hotels in this range are really guesthouses.

Royal Hotel is cheap but over that range.

Otherwise try behind National Library - 3 or 4 guesthouses very popular.

Also a friend stayed behind Khaosan Rd - a small place to the right of Viengtai Hotel - I think it was called White Orchid. Seemed very clean and pleasant.

Apparently a good guesthouse on/around Soi Tonglor called John's... ? A friend on Tonglor told me about that one. Apparently v. popular.

You could also try searching on Hostelworld.com

They have hotels as well as hostels. They were the only website that could get me very last minute accommodation in London at a reasonable price a few months ago.

Thaicoon,

I checked out siam.net and found more than a few decent options in the 18 to 21 USD per night range.

Thanks for the tip!

A bit more than 600 baht, but not by much.

What i like about this site is that you can veiw the hotels on line, rooms etc, so you know what you are getting, also it is a secure transaction if booking on line.

Lung,

Try here. bangkokmag.infothai.com/

You said cheaper. I have no idea how old the quotes are.

NAME AND ADDRESS ROOMS PRICE RANGE

ATLANTA

78 Soi 2, Sukhumvit Road

Tel: (02) 2526069,2521650,6568121-4

Fax: (662) 2552151, 59 rooms, 300-600Baht

(F.A)

BANGKOK NOORIE

178/7 Soi Wutthiphan, Ratchaparop Road

Tel: (02) 2523340,2510723-4,2514439

Fax: (662) 2542766, 30 rooms, 200-350Baht

(F,A)

CLASSIC INN

120/51-54 Ratchaprarop Road,

Tel: (02) 2080491-7

Fax: (662) 2080497, 40, 300-700Baht

(A)

KHAOSAN PALACE

139 Khaosan Road, Banglampu

Tel: (02) 2820578,2813272, 84, 250-650Baht

(F,A)

NITH CHAROEN

183 Khaosan Road, Banglampu

Tel: (02) 2819872,2815201, 23, 160-320Baht

(F,A)

PRIVACY

31 Soi Ngam Dupli Rama IV Road

Tel: (02) 2868811,2862339 - 350Baht

(A)

STAR

36/1 Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama I Road,

Tel: (02) 2150020-1

Fax: (66 2) 2153381 - 350-450Baht

(A)

SWISS INN

1/28-29 Soi 11, (Soi Chaiyot)

Sukhumvit Road

Tel: (02) 2554523, 2536261

Fax: (66 2) 2536261 - 350-450Baht

-a

Edited by aughie

The Blooms

203/1 Soi Sribumphen

Yen Arkard Road

Best ive seent 400-500 baht per night. Relatively new rooms with ubc and air con. breakfast included.

Can get a slightly cheaper rate if you book through airasia website. More details about the place too.

1 km from Klong Toey Subway station. Close to Sathorn too.

(02) 350-4051

[email protected]

can also rent for 6000 baht per month electricity included.

Good luck

I am new to this forum,but have been reading it for a while now some good posts,and good comments.I think the best value hotel wise is Nasa Vegas in Klongton its 590 per night,as good cable TV,looks modern and now as a very good fitness centre with jacuzzi etc.I hope this helps. :o

I've stayed at Nasa Vegas more than a few times. :o

For me, it's okay. It's just a basic hotel that is clean, quiet, and has a reasonable en-suite bathroom. My Thai friends like the TV, though I'm not much interested in watching the usual Chinese / Thai / America crap.

It doesn't take long to get there from the entrance to Sukhumvit 71. Buses number 501 and 71 pass the hotel. Some number 40 buses pass too. Coming from Pratunam you can take the 113. You can also take the canal boat and get off when you see UM Tower.

BB

The Nasa Vegas looks good.

How far is it from the Metro or Skytrain?

Cheers

Oops, nearly forgot! Welcome to the forum, davecj :D

Back in the 'old days', used to stay at Street Lodge hotel, suk soi 1. Used to be 500 day or 11000 month and doubt it's much more now. Proper tub/shower, mini fridge, cable, great location but had carpeted rooms (just don't like 'em in this climate). :D

PS: agreed! nice first post davecj and welcome :o

Edited by bahtandsold

There are couple of Indian run hotels with decent rooms..

1. Madaras Cafe, Soi 13, Silom Road, just before the Temple

2. Woodlands Inn, Next to Genaral Post Office, Bangark. I dont know the road name... the road btween HuaLamphon MRTA and Saphan Taskin. B 300 u get ac+bed+bath+TV, B 500 u get a fridge and a big better room...

The Blooms is new and clean and offers professional service and tasty fried rice for breakfast, but the rooms are small and it's an unpleasant walk to the place dodging traffic down a narrow soi. As well, their rates have gone up -- 450 baht weekdays, 500 weekends -- so it's not quite the value it was last year. Walk-in rates and the rates through AirAsia are now the same. On a monthly basis, The Blooms is really good value.

Woodlands is a bit cheaper and shabbier though acceptable considering the price, but their breakfast is the pits. Location's not quite as isolated as The Blooms.

The Blooms is new and clean and offers professional service and tasty fried rice for breakfast, but the rooms are small and it's an unpleasant walk to the place dodging traffic down a narrow soi.  As well, their rates have gone up -- 450 baht weekdays, 500 weekends -- so it's not quite the value it was last year.  Walk-in rates and the rates through AirAsia are now the same.  On a monthly basis, The Blooms is really good value.

Woodlands is a bit cheaper and shabbier though acceptable considering the price, but their breakfast is the pits.  Location's not quite as isolated as The Blooms.

where is blooms?

The Blooms is new and clean and offers professional service and tasty fried rice for breakfast, but the rooms are small and it's an unpleasant walk to the place dodging traffic down a narrow soi.  As well, their rates have gone up -- 450 baht weekdays, 500 weekends -- so it's not quite the value it was last year.  Walk-in rates and the rates through AirAsia are now the same.  On a monthly basis, The Blooms is really good value.

Woodlands is a bit cheaper and shabbier though acceptable considering the price, but their breakfast is the pits.  Location's not quite as isolated as The Blooms.

where is blooms?

Blooms Have you heard of Google? :o