What Is The Market Price In Th For Portable Hd ?

AsiaWolfie

has a size a little bigger than a cigarette box or handphone and very thin...... in germany I can get such a very small-sized 80 GB - HD (about 200 gr. weight) for 119 Euro, what about Thailand ? anybody knows or bought such thing lately ?

has a size a little bigger than a cigarette box or handphone and very thin...... in germany I can get such a very small-sized 80 GB - HD (about 200 gr. weight) for 119 Euro, what about Thailand ? anybody knows or bought such thing lately ?

might be not very helpfull but it's an alternative just incase......

bought a 2.5'' disk enclosurefor 850 baht, and a WD 60 gig HDD for 5000 at pantip

Edited by bangbuathong

As bangbuathong says, and as has been discussed fairly often, an external harddisk is simply a harddisk inside an enclosure. You don't need to buy the whole thing, you can buy them separately, and it's usually cheaper that way. You can also decide whether you want the typical slower 4200rpm harddisks or the faster 7200rpm models, and what size you want.

Price is the price of the enclosure (<1000 baht) + price of your preferred harddisk (go to www.hwhinter.com and check in the notebook accessories for an idea of market prices). Assembly is very simple.

The one key here is to buy a USB powered solution. This way you can use the drive without a power brick. Otherwise the compactness is ruined and use in countries with different power can be problematic if the brick is not auto sensing. Some enclosulres provide keyboard patch cables for extra power to the enclosure instead of a brick. This is also a bad solution because many new systems don't have ps/2 keyboard port anymore. It also means just one more annoying cable you might also forget or lose.

USB provides 1 amp of current and 4200/5400 rpm drives may or may not work without external power because they are very close to this depending on model and you have to factor in the power draw of the enclosure. 7200 rpm drives draw over an amp and thus require an external power source. Best to know with absolute certainty an enclosure + drive combination can be powered by USB before buying. Then you'll have a great drive you can plug in anywhere without any hassles.

Edited by The Coder

please, dear friends, read carefully what I have written. I did not want any suggestions about any kind of harddrives, I just wanted to know the MARKET PRICE in Thailand for that item I described. because: I OWN such a thing (its still new and in its original box) and wanna SELL it here (because i got 2 of it accidentally) .....thats all :o

Hi Asia Wolfie, I paid 5200 baht for a 80 gb/ 5400 rpm hard drive at a small shop in the Airport Plaza here in Chaing Mai. This was approx. 6 weeks ago. I think this worked out to some 104 euro's.

I hope this helps.

Well, that's what I said, the price is the price of the enclosure+the price of the drive. If you look in some other threads, you'll see where you can find the price of the drive (and that varies with the drive, OK?).

You didn't make it very clear at all in your original post that you intended to sell the drive. It looked a lot like you wanted to know the price so you could decide whether to buy it in Thailand or in Germany.