60 Day Tourist To Non O Jomtien Not Korat

Can you convert a 60 day tourist visa from lao into a non O for the purpose of retirement extension in jomtien, my local office is korat( but i presume as it`s a tourist visa it shouldn`t matter where i do it ??), i`m brittish and over 50...

The only thing is that the 60 days run out on the 4th of may, and will they insist that 21 days remain on the visa..

I just dont want to pay twice i.e get the 30 day extension and then pay again to convert to a non O..and if they would could i get the one year extension based on retirement there also(i meet the requirements) and have a yellow book..regards

On a tourist visa you don't have a local immigration office as yet, as you say yourself. But as you have a yellow tabien baan you have a fixed address and should apply at Khorat.

However, only a few immigration office will convert to a non-immigrant visa. Those that don't will send you to Bangkok for the conversion and you have to come back after 1 week to get the actual conversion. Not sure if Khorat will do it, believe Jomtien is one of the few that will do a conversion. Call them if they will do it in yur case where you have a yelllow tabien baan.

You might want to consider going to Vientianne and get a non-O based on retirement, a lot easier.

1. You can not change with less than 21 days remaining so you would have to extend (which you said you did not want to do).

2. Cost 1,900 baht extend 30 days; cost 2,000 baht convert (probably require Bangkok trip and cost of financial proof); cost 1,900 baht for one year extension of stay (may cost additional financial proof cost).

3. Just go to a Consulate and obtain non immigrant O visa and 60 days later extend; cost for trip/visa and financial proof one time. Can do extension upcountry.

What i think i will do , is, go to jomtien (easier than bkk just now) get my proof of income, (korat want 2 copies, one for the conversion and one for the extension based on retirement, will the embassy charge me twice?)

And get a 30 day extension on my tourist visa at the pattaya immigration on or before the 30th and that will give me more time to do the coversion back and korat later(korat do the conversion)...HD