You Tube

doppa

YouTube started acting up with me about ten days ago. Could only access it from 9AM-8PM using FireFox, but now it will not open up at all with FireFox. Using www.opennet.net, it is available. Safari can open it up most times which is really strange. Up until ten days ago, no problems at all with YouTube. All other video sites work fine here. Bizarre!

edit: Using Maxnet

Edited by T_Dog

Since Saturday I've been unable to enter You Tube using Chrome - "Web page not available" - but OK with Internet Explorer.

I've asked for advice on the Chrome help site, but so far no reply.

Elwood

It is possible that the inability to reach YouTube is caused by the isp itself. This is a recurring problem in Thailand and, I suspect, some other countries. It will probably mysteriously start allowing access at some time in the near future.

MSPain

It is possible that the inability to reach YouTube is caused by the isp itself. This is a recurring problem in Thailand and, I suspect, some other countries. It will probably mysteriously start allowing access at some time in the near future.

MSPain

Yes, I've seen complaints about this at times, but my problem seems to be with Chrome, as I can connect with IE.

Two days on Chrome help forum and still no replies!

Elwood

This could be the problem:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Youtub...work+in+Firefox

FireFox is not listed as a browser supported by YouTube as of 16 March. Hmmmm, that's about the time my problems started.

You've got it TDog

I just noticed my girlfriend on Youtube on her iBook whilst I couldn't get it on my Macbook.

Hang on are you using Safari says I?

Yes, and I was on Firefox.

I use firefox on an imac, my wife uses safari on a macbook pro and and neither of us are having problems.

Nidge... What Plug-Ins are you using on your iMac? With the way YouTube turned on HTML5, I really don't see how FireFox could be working for you unless you have a "magic decoder!"

Since Saturday I've been unable to enter You Tube using Chrome - "Web page not available" - but OK with Internet Explorer.

I've asked for advice on the Chrome help site, but so far no reply.

Elwood

I have used a cure that worked previously when Chrome kept freezing and crashing;

exported bookmarks, un-installed Chrome, deleting folders left behind - re-installed and imported bookmarks.

Bingo! All is well again with YouTube.

Elwood

Here are my plugins

post-48222-1272462877_thumb.jpg

and here is a grab of firefox from a few minutes ago

post-48222-1272462931_thumb.jpg

Nidge, Thanks for the listing. Tried loading a few that looked like they might help, but to no avail. YouTube actually worked for a few minutes this morning on FireFox for me and I thought at first one of the plug-ins might have worked.

• 2 years later...

Has anyone else noticed that Youtube loads only about 40-45 seconds ahead than stops. It continues loading once the video has been started but never loads more then about 45 seconds ahead. Unfortunately, this seems to be causing occasional stuttering and halts and the track becomes unenjoyable. So basically, it buffers a few 10 seconds ahead than stops. It used to buffer in the background but not anymore??

In theory this seems to be ok and videos should be played smoothly as it will always buffer 40 seconds ahead. But in the reality - or just in my area - it really causes a foul up.

Is it happening globally, locally? I have tried differenet browsers (IE, firefox, Chrome); checked my computer for malwares, viruses; and other video sharing sites work fine.

I am on TRUE 7 Mb.

Any ideas?

Edited by garrya