My Embassy Is On Wireless Road. How Am I Supposed To Get There?

I just looked at the map of where the "red shirt' blockades are in Bangkok, and they have blockades on both ends of Wireless road. How am I supposed to go and get an earnings statement from my Embassy to extend my O-A visa? I really don't want to get injured for a piece of paper. Hopefully this will end soon. I have until mid June to get it at least... Is immigration giving any alternatives? Other than 800,000 Baht in the bank, and it's too late to do that as it has to be in place for three months and the Baht is kind of high right now anyway. Thanks, Jimi

From your address I assume you need the US Embassy but the UK Embassy will be the same.

Depending on where you are staying, from the Sukhumvit end you coul take the Skytrain to either Nana or Ploenchit then get a motorcycle taxi or perhaps walk in the shade if it is early in the morning.

From the other end I really have no idea as I rarely go that far.

However here is the URL which may help you.

http://www.bts.co.th/en/index.asp

Which Embassy on Wireless Road?

I went to the UK Embassy last week and there were no blockades and I think it's still the case, I went by BTS and had no problem.

Agreed,

Went past the UK embassy in a taxi yesterday.

Walked past the US embassy on Saturday.

The blockade is on Ploenchit at the junction with Wireless, there should be no problems as Wireless Road is in the non-occupied area,

(Blockading the US embassy might not be the brightest move anyway) :)

Thanks! I usually stay at Sukumvit Soi 11, and just take a taxi. This time I'm thinking about taking the earliest Air Asia Flight up, going to the US Embassy in the morning and going right back to the airport and flying back to Phuket in the afternoon, just leave my car at the airport... Although I do have some friends up that way I wouldn't mind seeing. I still have over a month, anything can happen between now and then!

you can also walk using the back road (if coming from Suk 11); walk in the direction of nana plaza - under the expressway bridge and hang a left at Raum Rudee (just past the bridge). walk less than 1 kilo and hang a right into the Conrad hotel(AllSeasons) property and then find your way to Wireless road, the US embassy should be right there (it is very simple).

When you think you are in danger, just bring along a Red shirt and you should be fine - no pun intendant.

I suggest you get a better map of Bangkok. The red shirts are blocking Racha Damri Rd down to Rama 4 Rd.. This is the now infamous Sala Daeng intersection. Racha Damri Rd rund along the west side od Lumpini Park. Wireless Rd is on the east of Lumpini Park and is NOT blacked by red shirts, or it was not when I was there on Sunday 25 April. The Japanese, Vietnamese, USA and UK embassies should all be accessible. Bus routes 13, 14 and 62 have all been servicing Wireless Rd. I have also seen several other bus routes using Wireless Rd recently which do not usually use it. Then there is always walking from a bus route a bit further away. garthc

The road that the uk visa building is in (I dont remember the name) was full of red shirt encampments last wednesday when I went there with my wife.

No problems whatsoever, we just ambled through the middle of it all with all the tourist ferangs taking their photos. For goodness sake dont make more of it all than there already is......almost all of these red shirts are just ordinary country folk who are stretching out on their beds in the shade all day long. You will recognise if there is any trouble before you get anywhere near it I'm sure. When it boils down to it its the same if you are walking near a footy ground on match day....if you come across a family with little kids and pensioners then you wont worry but if you see a bunch of obvious hooligans then you turn the other way.

Also if there is a problem then the embassy will be shut, so check with them first.

HL :)

Thanks! I usually stay at Sukumvit Soi 11, and just take a taxi. This time I'm thinking about taking the earliest Air Asia Flight up, going to the US Embassy in the morning and going right back to the airport and flying back to Phuket in the afternoon, just leave my car at the airport... Although I do have some friends up that way I wouldn't mind seeing. I still have over a month, anything can happen between now and then!

The UK consulate in Phuket does this.....I have several friends that have used this service here in Phuket

The UK consulate in Phuket does this.....I have several friends that have used this service here in Phuket

Opps sorry I thought u were from the UK