What Is Normalcy?

yesdavy

This word normalcy keeps being repeated, as in, "We must restore normalcy." So, is normalcy the solution or the cause of Thailand's societal friction? It certianly could be inferred by some to mean a return to an untenable situation. Normalcy has highly partisan overtones, both for and against, and could be causing greater friction among those that consider normalcy to mean the way things were before rank and file citizens started mobilizing against what they perceive as class privilege, which is culturally rooted in how one wais the status of another, or tries to duck below head level to recognize the more privileged status of another.

Once the genie is out of the bottle it is hard to stuff him back in again and force everyone to forget he ever existed.... the poor masses have tasted the crumbs thrown to them by Taksin and nothing will be the same in Thailand ever again.

The Red leadership may be using the masses (and I am sure many of them are aware of this), but many would rather than be used by a criminal than to be ignored and surpressed by the "benevolent" elite.

Normalcy means the reds are contained at Ratchaprasang. Until they expand, then normalcy will mean they are contained wherever they are. Until they expand again.

PM: hey, this sitting on my thumbs actually feels good, think I'll make a career out of it!