Looking For Land

simoncnx

Tomatoes need to be grown at higher altitudes unless you are looking for the Thai style plum tomato. Try the farming forum for advice on tomatoes. Herbs are easier. Also check at Rimping for the numerous people growing tomatoes and herbs, packaging them and selling them. If you want to grow for home use 2-3 Rai is too much land. There is also a huge greenhouse production for sale in Lampang. I think it was in the Thaivisa classifieds. Up in the Maesa Valley some Dutch guys are growing a lot of tomatoes in green houses.

I love these posts where farangs are "looking to buy land". Wake up people. Foreigners can't buy or own land in Thailand.

The OP does not say he wants to "buy" land  :)

It`s still illegal to grow and produce agricultural products. I’m sure this is more than a hobby if requiring 3 rai a land.

Not exactly an allotment or gardeners pass time, is it?

Edited by BigWheelMan

It`s still illegal to grow and produce agricultural products. I’m sure this is more than a hobby if requiring 3 rai a land.Not exactly an allotment or gardeners pass time, is it?

OK, I will admit I am ignorant. Why is it illegal to grow/produce (synonyms?) agricultural products? Are you trying saying it is illegal for a foreigner to compete on/at the local market level?

It`s still illegal to grow and produce agricultural products. I'm sure this is more than a hobby if requiring 3 rai a land.Not exactly an allotment or gardeners pass time, is it?

OK, I will admit I am ignorant. Why is it illegal to grow/produce (synonyms?) agricultural products? Are you trying saying it is illegal for a foreigner to compete on/at the local market level?

Foreigners can not compete on the local or national level in any agricultural field. This area is for Thais only.

[

Not exactly an allotment or gardeners pass time, is it?

Still, 2 - 3 rai is only "small potato", hardly a commercial farm.  Oops, sorry, the OP is talking tomatoes, not potatoes  :)

Edited by MESmith