Skin Cancer Check Up And Liquid Nitrogen Treatment In Phuket ?

arby

Does anyone know of any skin clinic on Phuket that can do a thorough skin cancer examination and treats precancerous keratosis, etc. with liquid nitrogen ? I have been to Bangkok Phuket hospital in the past and had laser treatment and excision but would much rather have the less painful and less expensive treatment by liquid nitrogen which I also have had in Malaysia and in California.

No specific experience in Phuket, but I've been using dermatologists at Bangkok Hospital

Pattaya for years. More expensive than clinics--both for visits and liquid nitrogen treatments--

but competent. Bangkok Pattaya Phuket has a skin center and staff of dermatologists whom

I suspect would be equally competent.

Also had the laser treatment in BP hospital but prefer the liquid nitrogen as have it for years.........effective, quick and inexpensive.

I am taking a friend to Phuket International hospital next week for a check up, so I will inquire there.

I haven't found anyone here that's good and sensibly priced so I've been using a dermatologist at RAM hos[ital in Chiang Mai, she's excellent and very inexpensive by comparison - Baht 600 to freeze/remove a wart on my leg whereas the Phuket hospitals wanted circa Baht 10,000 to laser and biopsy it!

I haven't found anyone here that's good and sensibly priced so I've been using a dermatologist at RAM hos[ital in Chiang Mai, she's excellent and very inexpensive by comparison - Baht 600 to freeze/remove a wart on my leg whereas the Phuket hospitals wanted circa Baht 10,000 to laser and biopsy it!

I lived in Chiang Mai for a few years and I also used her and was very happy with her skills/treatment. Problem is now I live in Phuket and there doesn't seem to be any hospital or clinic that uses liquid nitrogen to freeze/treat these keratosis. The irony is that Phuket is more or less famed for it's beaches and people come here to sunbathe and Chiang Mai is the place where they are equipped to treat skin conditions caused by sun exposure.........

I Had more than 130 "spots" that were "freezesprayed" if that is the same thing.

Walked in to Phuket International Hospital one day at the end of March, out in less than an hour,

cost under 2000 baht and all seems ok to date. Hope this helps

I Had more than 130 "spots" that were "freezesprayed" if that is the same thing.

Walked in to Phuket International Hospital one day at the end of March, out in less than an hour,

cost under 2000 baht and all seems ok to date. Hope this helps

That's it !!! Thanks ! I asked a nurse there about a year ago and she said no but apparently she didn't know or it is a more recent treatment. I will head there next week and check it out.

Hi biggom

You freezesprayed many spots. Did they reoccur again? Were those spots basal cell carcinoma, or squamous cc?

Kind regards

Had a couple of “moles” and a few other blemishes on my “old” skin, all on my hands, arms, feet and legs that are exposed to the sun a lot. Didn’t have a biopsy as the Doc just freezesprayed them plus lots more that he said he found .

The bill was 3600 baht but that included other medication and not just for pay per spray.

All the little scabs have fallen off and everything seems ok at this time.

Cheers,

biggom

• 2 weeks later...

I went today 22 may to get lesions burn of, i have not had them done for 4 years.

In Australia i had them checked a couple of times a yaer and burnt of and it was

not painful

If you leave them to long believe me.it is painful some i have to back and get

treated again, so get them done regularly.

It cost 2000 baht for the doctors fee plus 1250 baht for antibiotic cream which you wont

need if you treat the lesions while they are small.

I have had check ups every year almost in oz for 30 yrs,always having frozen or cut .

this yr january on my visit he cut 2 becells one of which one was early melanoma , which i found out as i was at airport coming back to thai,i decided to get cut in thailand,when i asked my doc in OZ what he thought of laser treatment,he said with laser you can not get a true biopsy result,i left it at that,i had one laser done in B pattaya H,and and some spots done 5000bt did not want to go back to BPH,

i had it cut out in bkk barumagrad hospital ,but not by demotoligist, for as i found out they dont cut as they do in OZ or maybe elsewhere, they are into laser only, [DERMOS] BOTOX ETC,i had to get a general surgeon to cut after working out my pathology report with him.

That was in FEB,all seems good now,with their path test showing all good.

I go to phuket for a surf each year so i will call in and get some frozen off.

as i live in thailand and its alot cheaper here.

cat