One Year Visa Extention Question

BB1955

To obtain a one year extention to your type o visa if you are married to a Thai you must show 400,000 baht I know . Has anyone obtained the extention using penison income and if so what document did you supply . I will be coming from the US I see on the US embassy web site they have an affidavit form to show income do they except that form ? . What can you use to show ????

If you are using a Pension you will need to apply for a retirement visa, or just make sure the word Pension does not appear in the letter from your Embassy.

If the word "pension" does not appear use the letter and proof that money is coming into Thailand or in Thailand, i.e. Thai Bank book, ATM Receipts, plus all the usual documents.

If you are using a Pension you will need to apply for a retirement visa, or just make sure the word Pension does not appear in the letter from your Embassy.

If the word "pension" does not appear use the letter and proof that money is coming into Thailand or in Thailand, i.e. Thai Bank book, ATM Receipts, plus all the usual documents.

BB1955

You fill out a form TM 7 Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom. You attach a notarized statement from the US Consulate that includes the sentence:

"I also affirm that I receive in amount of US $ ______ every month from the United States Government and/or other sources."

The first time you might include any other documents you think might support your stay, but the last time I extended my retiree visa they didn't want anything but these two documents. The fact that I get $43/month and live in Thailand, they rightly assume I am spending all $43 here (actually, all it probably does is show them I have sufficient funds to live in some reasonable manner and won't need to work illegally). They did not ask for proof I actually transferred money in.

I attached the two forms as PDF files.

TM_7_Retirement.pdf

Income_Verification_blank.pdf

You can show the required proof of income by going to US consulate in BKK, fill in the form on the wall rack for such (very simple one-page). On the form list your monthly income, nothing else needed. Then pay the fee (has been US$30 but think it was raised to 50; baht payment OK) at the special window (not the main one with long lines), submit the form and fee receipt at the windows, wait to be called (usually about 10-20 mins), go up and swear that it's all true, get stamped and sealed. This official form is accepted as proof of income by Immigration but they will probably still want to see your bankbook.

You can show the required proof of income by going to US consulate in BKK, fill in the form on the wall rack for such (very simple one-page). On the form list your monthly income, nothing else needed. Then pay the fee (has been US$30 but think it was raised to 50; baht payment OK) at the special window (not the main one with long lines), submit the form and fee receipt at the windows, wait to be called (usually about 10-20 mins), go up and swear that it's all true, get stamped and sealed. This official form is accepted as proof of income by Immigration but they will probably still want to see your bankbook.

In my case, some weeks ago, a similar form was not accepted by immigration, and I even come from a country where the embassy

wants to see hard evidence of the income. Instead I had to, in addition to the embassy letter, get a statement from my

foreign employer that I was employed and what my salary was.

This was for a one year extension based on marriage btw, my first one one. Anyone else had to show the foreign company letter?