Windows 7

2008bangkok

'backup source files' ??

I take it that you are referring to pirate software ? I don't think that forum rules permit giving advice as to where to obtain illegal goods and services.

If you are looking for a copy of a legal version of something - it is not normally possible. When you buy an item of software, you buy the license for that particular disk so if you lose it, just like if you lose your mobile phone, you would need to buy another one.

:)

Edited by richardt1808

'backup source files' ??

I take it that you are referring to pirate software ? I don't think that forum rules permit giving advice as to where to obtain illegal goods and services.

If you are looking for a copy of a legal version of something - it is not normally possible. When you buy an item of software, you buy the license for that particular disk so if you lose it, just like if you lose your mobile phone, you would need to buy another one.

Can you read??

The post clearly says backup souce files and for your info I have a genuine Windows 7 netbook and no disk and i need to do a reinstall

You are right you are not permitted to talk about pirate software so you shouldn't do it and try and ruin a perfectly reasonable post

So if you purchased a copy of Exchange 208 or 2010 which could be well in excess of 10k and the disks become unreadable then you are saying you need to purchase it again.. come on man get real

Edited by 2008bangkok

If you have a genuine copy but no disc they usually have a back up partition you can use to put the netbook back to how it came out of the box. Either that or you get a rescue disc with it. Do a re boot and press F8 whilst it is booting. there may be a rescue option there. I did notice the other day a basic 7 is 2000 baht and 7 Ultimate is 5,400 baht. Both genuine copies.

'backup source files' ??

Can you read??

The post clearly says backup souce files and for your info I have a genuine Windows 7 netbook and no disk and i need to do a reinstall

You are right you are not permitted to talk about pirate software so you shouldn't do it and try and ruin a perfectly reasonable post

So if you purchased a copy of Exchange 208 or 2010 which could be well in excess of 10k and the disks become unreadable then you are saying you need to purchase it again.. come on man get real

Hmmm,

If you'd been more clear and specific in your original post I would have been able to reply as follows:

Unless you can do a restore, you would need to approach the shop which sold you the notebook and they should be able to help you, or, you could approach Microsoft directly, but you would need to prove your purchase and give them the Windows serial number which should be on a label fixed to the notebook. A random private outlet is not going to supply you with a legitimate W7 DVD at no cost.

If you read any software license for any software disk purchased, you will see that I am so real. It specifically states that you are responsible for keeping the disks in a safe place. Some vendors will allow you to make a backup copy of the disks for your own safekeeping, but thats up to you do carry out. Sorry to say, but if you lose the disks for Windows server or Adobe CS4 etc etc you would not have much luck in getting them replaced. No need to shoot the messenger if you don't like the content of the message, okay.

:D

Edited by richardt1808

My netbook (Acer Aspire One) has a recovery partition. You have to enable it in the BIOS after which you get a prompt to press a function key on startup which will return your machine back to factory settings with a re-install.

Have a look on the forum site for your model to see how to make it work.