Thailand Extends Tourist Visa Fee Exemption Scheme Until 31 March 2011

george

Not true at all...

Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City charged me USD30 (1,000 baht approx.)...

Besides... this time Bangkok is really wild... few examples are...

1. Many taxis refused to use meter (keep in mind that I am fluent in Thai, unlike an average farang, I can speak Thai in almost native accent)

2. Many shops I went to, were willing to sell me at my bargained prices and I was the first customer of the day for them.

3. Prices are no more competitive as compare to other countries in the region

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is already on the webiste of the Thai embassy in London, so the embassies and consulates have been informed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...Fvisa_main.html

I cannot find it on HULL website nothing is mentioned. London do not accept postal applications. I suppose as last time Hull would only give 1x60 day with admin fee of GBP15.00 per person. USA & Canada were given 3x60 & 2x60 respectivly free. Why is it UK is always a joke nothing for nothing....

Thai immigration should insist on free visas for all & if necessary re-imburse consulates admin fee. However i cannot imagine that happening.

I will go Phnom Pehn 12 May for 2 singel entrys Tourist Visas . . hopefully free of charge . , i will try Jack Golf for this service . . .,,

But i have a red stamp from Vientiane . ., but i heard some visarun companies says no problem here in PP ..., 1 know 1 report here with the red stamp that get his TR visa in PP.., does we have any more ?

Not just Hull, but all the UK Thai consulates charged an administration fee in lieu of the usual £28 visa fee last time a concession was offered. Apparently Liverpool charged £12 compared with £15 elsewhere. The London embassy will not charge from May 11th, but will only handle personal callers (two visits two days apart necessary) or courier deliveries, but not post. So most people will be lucky to save £13, which seems to pretty much undermine any incentive arising from the concession. A 60 day stamp on arrival would indeed be better.

Edited by citizen33

Well I guess it will be cheaper to apply for 3 tourist visas than renew my non immigrant? That will give me 60 days at a time with need to exit/re-enter to avoid the 1900 baht 1 month extension fee? Since my next return will be for about 6 months anyway, this sounds a good way to go?

I don't need to buy anything like a car, etc, or renew driving licenses (I renewed for 5 years before). Hence no need for the non immigrant? Saves me 100 quid!

Well I guess it will be cheaper to apply for 3 tourist visas than renew my non immigrant? That will give me 60 days at a time with need to exit/re-enter to avoid the 1900 baht 1 month extension fee? Since my next return will be for about 6 months anyway, this sounds a good way to go?

I don't need to buy anything like a car, etc, or renew driving licenses (I renewed for 5 years before). Hence no need for the non immigrant? Saves me 100 quid!

I think the free visa is just for a single entry.

So 60 days then 1900 baht for 30 days more.