Transfer Funds From Thai To Uk

any one done this?

is there any limits on amount?

is it possable to request the uk rate of exchange rather than the thai like you can choose thai rate when sending funds the other way?

thanks in advance

I think the easiest way -but I don't know if it's the cheapest way- is to go to the bank and request a transfer of funds equivalent to no more than USD20,000, and say it's a repatriation of salary. For this of course you'd need to show your Work Permit. Otherwise they'll ask you for documents to justify why you need to transfer funds abroad -purchasing something abroad? show me the contract.

Regarding the rates, if you prefer the exchange rates in the UK, then request your transfer be done in Thai Baht so that the conversion of currency will be handled by the receiving bank in the UK.

Cheers,

The Thai national needs a valid reason for sending the money out of the country, valid reasons include support of family members and payment of overseas school bills, an invoice is required - the BOT has a list of what is thinks are valid reasons and it's very short..

The Thai national needs a valid reason for sending the money out of the country, valid reasons include support of family members and payment of overseas school bills, an invoice is required - the BOT has a list of what is thinks are valid reasons and it's very short..

so would the repayment of a debt be deemed a legitimate reason. {supporting contracr in thai specifying the amount of bht).

cheers

I'm in a similar situation. I need to transfer money back home to the UK to pay off

some credit cards. Can I show the credit card statements to the bank and get the ok

for sending the money?

I also have the email invoices from travelex from when the money was originally sent to me some

years ago. But I want to send a smaller amount back.

Not sure what to do?